LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93-94 MSD opti owners in here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 93-94 MSD opti owners in here!

Alright I just finished replacing my opti with a MSD unit. Everything works awesome! No compliants from me! I even called MSD up and they sent me one of the newer gaskets for free! The only difference is that the old one is just a regular round O-ring and the new one is square so it doesn't roll of the lip.

Anyway here is where I need you guys help. The MSD opti allows us to vent our units like the newer ones are from the factory. How exactly do I do it? I already have the fresh air inlet in the elbow but where do the other hoses go? So far I have ran it from the opti, up the intake manifold, and where the T connector is I plugged the hose into the vaccum source above the PCV valve. Where does the other hose go? From what I have read is its supposed to splice into the EGR hoses but I don't have EGR since its been removed. The hole above the PCV valve was already plugged when I had to route the vacuum lines from the opti. So would I just need to remove the T-fitting and plug the 1 hose thats left directly on the intake manifold? I just don't know if this will hurt anything?
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm a little lost, it sounds like you have 3 hoses? I remember putting one into my K&N CAI, I guess the fresh air hose, and one other they supplied a t, that I installed the hose in the vacuum line. Ah, if your still having issues I'll try to get some pictures after work.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

That would help me out a bunch! I'll also get pics so you guys can see what I'm working with.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Here is what I'm working with:

In this pic you can see everything the way it was from the beginning. Notice the plug above the PCV valve.

Here is the same pic with the brake booster removed so you can see the hoses and holes.

Here is how far I've gotten so far. I got the fresh air hose in the elbow, vacuum hose routed to inake manifold and ended up with this.

Here is a look back so you can see there is nothing to hook the open opti hose to? Also notice the connector on top of the fuel rail. Where does this plug into? I noticed it today while trying to route the opti hose.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
Here is what I'm working with:
hose to? Also notice the connector on top of the fuel rail. Where does this plug into? I noticed it today while trying to route the opti hose.
Ditch the T and run straight from the opti to that port.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Exactly what I thought but I just wanted to be sure! Thanks!

Lastly what is the plug in connector for? You can see it in the last pic on top of the fuel rail, directly above the injector. I found it while searching how to route the hoses.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Glad you got it sorted out, its raining in FL again so I didn't get any pictures.
I think that connector is for the EGR? Not sure, sounds like there is no where to plug it in though, so maybe it was for something that was deleted out?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

Cool thanks for the help guys! I just removed the tee as everyone suggested.

Quick Reply: 93-94 MSD opti owners in here!