Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Relocating to Miami

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Relocating to Miami

Ok so I am planning on relocating to Miami for work. Never been before, don't know what to expect. I was hoping those that live there could recommend places to live. I'm crazy about my Trans Am so the apt should have a garage if possible. I'm not looking to spend more than $1200/month. I would like to be close to the office if possible; it's just south-west of Miami International Airport.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Addict

good luck, miami aint cheap so i dunno if you will find what you are looking for in your budget, welcome to florida
Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd contact a local realtor, have all the info and probably get a referral fee. Your future company/peers should also be a good source of information,
Old 09-02-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Junkie

If you want a garage, rent will be more than that.

I highly recommend the Miami Dade Kendall Campus area, including the Hammocks, Sabal Chase, The Crossings, etc. Very quiet and safe neighborhoods for car people.
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
If you want a garage, rent will be more than that.

I highly recommend the Miami Dade Kendall Campus area, including the Hammocks, Sabal Chase, The Crossings, etc. Very quiet and safe neighborhoods for car people.
Sweet, that's the kinda input I was looking for! I know Kendall is south-west of the Miami International Airport. I'm gonna go check out those apartments tomorrow. What is traffic typically like in that area?

I'm vacationing w/ friends this weekend in Miami Beach, traffic is crazy here. The freeways have a posted speed limit of 55mph and everyone's going well over 70mph. Hopefully it's not that crazy in that area.

BTW, love the Fox Hound avatar. I'm an avid Metal Gear fan too.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

be ready to pay enormous for real estate
Old 09-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Banned

didn't like lake mary all that much?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
didn't like lake mary all that much?
I loved Lake Mary, they just didn't have a whole lot of work for me. The Miami office was in desperate need of people and offered me a lot more money so I decided to take it. Hopefully, it'll be for the best.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I live in Kendall, it's a nice place but holy God has it gotten expensive. My parents live here but I doubt I'll be able to afford an apartment when I'm out of school. Anyhow you picked a good time to move, properties are finally getting a bit cheaper now.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mpe488
I live in Kendall, it's a nice place but holy God has it gotten expensive. My parents live here but I doubt I'll be able to afford an apartment when I'm out of school. Anyhow you picked a good time to move, properties are finally getting a bit cheaper now.
Do you recommend any particular apartment complex's? I don't need anything huge, even a studio might suffice, just as long as they offer a garage.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Sweet, that's the kinda input I was looking for! I know Kendall is south-west of the Miami International Airport. I'm gonna go check out those apartments tomorrow. What is traffic typically like in that area?

I'm vacationing w/ friends this weekend in Miami Beach, traffic is crazy here. The freeways have a posted speed limit of 55mph and everyone's going well over 70mph. Hopefully it's not that crazy in that area.

BTW, love the Fox Hound avatar. I'm an avid Metal Gear fan too.
Very cool to hear! I'm in the middle of my run through Snake Eater thru MGS2 to refresh the story for the coming of Guns of the Patriots.

Traffic is bad from 7-11 AM, with all major streets being virtually gridlocked from 8-9 AM that go west to east.

For a garage, you have to at least go condo/townhouse. There might be someone renting their place so it doesn't hurt to look, but that might be in the $1500/month range at least...

You're gonna really need to up your budget if you want a garage.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Launching!

it sucks to live in Miami unless you're making good money.

Sometimes it feels like everyone is out to screw everyone. You rarely get a break... even the f-ing goverment seems to be screwing everyone.... they're sticking Tolls everywhere.... they cut back funding for education and public transportation.... and as a result I didn't get accepted into school this semester....

On the other hand you'll find a lot of interesting people and things to do in this city.... it's also got beautiful beaches and you can find just about anything you need....

just be ready to pay for anything and everything....

Definetly look in Kendal or Westchester for an apartment.... a garage will be hard to find.... think about settling for a car cover

Quick Reply: Relocating to Miami