Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ACE Transmissions Has A New Converter Line and a new Sale!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ACE Transmissions Has A New Converter Line and a new Sale!

That's right! We've been working on our new Street / Strip Performer Series Torque Converters for some time now. And we are proud to say they are available as of today!

These are high quality 9-1/2" (245 mm) torque converters that are available in stall speeds from 2,500 RPM - 4,000 RPM! Upgrades are available too, such as custom brazing each and every fin at each and every possible location for making your converter bulletproof. Steel Stators are available for the most demanding packages. Custom billet covers are available as well! Call us today for details!

We also have 12" converters that stall anywhere from stock up to 2500 RPM. In addition to the Street / Strip Performer and 12" series, we are also offering a new line of 10" Ultra High Horsepower Torque Converters that will withstand anywhere from 1,300 H/P up to 2,500 H/P! If you need a High Performance Torque Converter we can meet your requirements.

Because of this announcement we have restructured and extended our current sales! See the sale thread here.... https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/804987-ace-racing-transmissions-converter-transmission-sale.html

Thanks for all of your continued support guys! It's a blast working with you all!

g

Last edited by Ragtop 99; 10-29-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a pretty good deal. I have a friend in Dallas who has your transmission. He likes it alot. I have been wanting to do my LS1 conversion until later this winter. Can you give me this price in like December? Which stall do I need and which transmission do I need for my LS1 engine?

And if I only want the stall can you sell it by itself with out the transmission?
Old 10-29-2007, 07:34 PM
FormerVendor

We can sell the converter individually. As a matter of fact.... we will install our Street / Strip Performer for $750.00. $300.00 Labor and $450.00 for the Converter.

g
Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 PM
FormerVendor

Bump for the night crew!

g
Old 11-02-2007, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

you know g your starting to sway me away from vig convertors and just do a tranny convertor combo but im also think of going th350 what can you do along those lines
Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
FormerVendor

Well, we can build a nasty TH350 and custom converter combination for you as well. We have game for just about any combo you would like to consider!

I want to caution you about taking your car from a 4 speed Overdrive to a 3 speed with lock up though. Imagine being on the freeway at 65 mph and your engine is sitting around 2,800 - 3,00 rpm. There are a whole bunch of guys out there that have made the swap to an old school 3 speed who are happy, but I have talked to many who are not happy about losing Overdrive as well!

For track only cars, then I suggest a TH400, 4L80E or my personal preference the Poweglide 2 speed. It all depends on the car because they can take much more energy than a TH350 and would all be a unit you could lean on hard without worrying about failing long term.

Give me a call sometime and we can kick it around. I am all about planning and helping guys make the right choice. Swapping transmissions is a big decision and should be carefully considered. We have built all of the Generals transmissions for years and it really is about determining your expectations vs. budget vs. goals vs. today's powertrain combination vs. tomorrows powertrain goals!

It's alot to consider huh? We help guys with their decisions all the time... it's what we do!

g
Old 11-08-2007, 10:09 AM
FormerVendor

Hey guys,

We have been fielding alot of questions lately regarding our sale, so I thought I would post a bit of useful info here...

Does ACE ship the transmission with bellhousings and tailhousings?
Yes we do. We do not want our customers to have to work on the transmission before it goes in. Simply uncrate it and install it! Drain the core and ship it back. It is that simple.

Does ACE charge a core fee? Yes we do, but only 30 days after the replacement transmission has been shipped to the shipping address.

Does ACE Charge shipping? We do, but because of our relationship with our carrier we can ordinarilly ship to either coast for around $130.00.

Does ACE install all new solenoids and a new harness? Yes we do.

Can ACE custom build my transmission? Certainly we can. That is what we do, actually we prefer to tailor the build to the application.

What if my transmission fails after the warranty period? Well it's simple! To us, once you have purchased a unit from us you are our customer for life! Simply arrange to get the unit back to us and we'll repair it for parts and labor costs. There is absolutely no need to have to purchase and entirely new transmission when yours already has significant modifications.

Does ACE freshen up units at the end of the racing season? We do, because we believe in relationships we will be happy to help you get you car in shape for the next season! We charge $250.00 plus parts on most of the transmissions we build. All you have to do is get it to us and we'll hook you up.

Is there a core charge on Torque Converters? There is. It is $25.00.

If I can bring you my car, do you charge installation if I buy my transmission from you? We do not charge installation if we build you a transmission!

Those are the most popluar questions we get. If there is something you would like to know about our processes or anything else just shoot me a p.m., e-mail me, or call the shop.

Thanks for all of your support!

g

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 11-08-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:49 AM
FormerVendor

Bump for the Sunday crew!
g
Old 11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
FormerVendor

Guys we have had a tremendous response to this sale, I want to let you know that we appreciate all of your support. Currently we are running about 5-7 days out. Get your order in this week and receive your unit by next weekend. All of the units we build are custom built to order. We do not build for inventory.

If you have any questions about our units, our processes, shipping or anything else do not hesitate to call!

g
Old 11-17-2007, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Weekend bump.

g
Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
FormerVendor

My other Sunday sittin on the couch watching Americas Team and NASCAR with a bowl of Rocky Road bump for the day!.

g
Old 11-19-2007, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

To the top for the new week!

g
Old 11-21-2007, 08:23 AM
FormerVendor

Today's bump.

g
Old 11-23-2007, 07:51 AM
FormerVendor

TTT for Black Friday.

g
Old 11-25-2007, 07:35 AM
FormerVendor

Cold and rainy day bump.

g
Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Thursday bump. Take a look.

g
Old 12-08-2007, 12:00 AM
FormerVendor

Take a look at this sale guys.

g
Old 12-08-2007, 08:34 AM
12 Second Club

Here goes G's bump for this great Saturday that I am at work.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Monday morning bump!

g
Old 12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
FormerVendor

Well at some point it had to end right?

Here's the deal. I have made my mind up. I will cancel this sale at the end of the month. The last day of this year will be the last day of this sale.

At that point the transmission will be priced at our retail price of $1825.00.

The SS Converter pricing will start at $449.99.

That should give you an idea of the depth of this sale. If you are interested in this package and cannot swing it before the end of the year, you need to call me.

Several guys have taken advantage of this deal. You should too if you are in need a transmission solution. If you have any question about what new parts go into one of our Stage 2 4L60E's... click the link.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/826792-ever-wonder-what-goes-into-ace-4l60e.html

g