Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever Wonder What Goes Into An ACE 4L60E?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ever Wonder What Goes Into An ACE 4L60E?

Well here ya go, this is what you are paying for at ACE Racing Transmissions. We had a bench open when we received a large delivery earlier this week. So I took some time to take these pics.... These are the exact same parts that went into the unit out of a '97 Camaro SS. It was towed to us after shredding his Input Drum on the hit. It was delivered to the customer today. He picked it up just before noon. Nice car Ryan, thanks for the opportunity!

These are most of the new parts that we install into each and every...not just some units... each and every ACE Racing Transmissions Stage 2 4l60E. The big box standing up in the picture is a Trans - Go HD-2 Reprogramming Kit. Not all bushings, accumulator pistons, sleeved input drum and other components are shown in this group of pics. I'll get them up at a later date.

This unit received a Carbon Fiber Band. We also install the Alto Red band. Bands are chosen solely on the application. Borg Warner Low Roller/ Rear Sprag, and notice the Dual Cage Input sprag. Beside the Low Roller are the Hardened Pump rings and a Hig Rev pump slider spring. These rings are cast iron from GM, we install the Steel rings as they are less likely to fail in high stress environments. There are several different pump slider springs to choose from. We will determine the best spring for your application.

These are just a few of the bushings required to build a 4L60E. Each bushing is hand fitted and hand polished prior to final assembly. Notice the Teflon coated Frt pump bushing.

The Beast Sunshell looks discolored because it is straight out of the box. They come shipped with an anti rust agent on them. All new electronics... harness and solenoids pictured. Vacuum Modulator and related components. 3/4 clutch pack thrust and reaction plates.

This is called a Paper and Rubber kit. AKA all of the seals it takes to do the job right the 1st time. We never recycle any seal or filter, never.

Notice the new T/G Valve Body plate? We do not install used, refurbished, sanded down or worn out has been valve body plates that have been in service for years on end. Ask your builder what he installs. Then ask him why. These new plates will be modified based on the given application.

We feel that when you ask us to build your High Performance 4L60E you are asking for the best that we can provide. Not just a unit that will get the job done, but one that will take the hit time after time!

If you live nearby and are curious about what components go into one of these transmissions please do not hesitate to come by and see for yourself. Each and evey customer we have ever had at ACE has been invited into the shop so that they can see what goes on behind the scenes!

g

Last edited by Gilbert@Ace Racing; 02-20-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do they all come with manley valves?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:55 PM
FormerVendor

LoL ... while I cannot deny nor confirm the inclusion of any Manley valvetrain components.... I can say we do make custom and proprietary changes to the hydraulic circuits in our transmissions.

g
Old 12-07-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dam gilbert stop teasing me with these post its bad enough mr moser already got me
febuary cant get here fast enough
Old 12-10-2007, 08:28 AM
FormerVendor

Cool... so you already got the axle assy? !!!!

We'll be here for ya when you get ready for the new tranny!

g
Old 12-11-2007, 10:19 PM
FormerVendor

Bump for the Holiday Shoppers!

g
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

PM sent, hopefully you can help a guy out. Thanks
Old 12-16-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Gilbert, i meant to stop in last week to meet you in person & to tour your shop. Unfortunately the weather did not permit me to do so.

I plan on stopping in this week, oh and like the other guy.. TAX time is coming and i will surely be dropping my car off for a few days for a much needed "tranny" rebuild.

See you soon.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

Sounds good!

Swing by anytime the lights are on and we'll take some time to say hello and show you around.

g
Old 12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

))hey bro whats rear wheel HP rating on your stage3 4l60E and do you guys build 4L80E i did'nt see it on your site
Old 12-16-2007, 08:58 PM
FormerVendor

Replied All Ull C

Thanks for asking 2020.... because we use OEM 5 pin planets and have options for billet shafts. We can take a 4L60E well into the 800 h/p range. But they become high maintenance at that level.

As far as an 80E is concerned... you bet, we build those as well. I have a pretty stout unit ready to go... it has not been picked up by the shop that commissioned it to be built. So, until they do pick it up it is for sale. We can build you a converter as well.

We'll take care of the R&R for you if you can get me the car.

We do charge for conversions. But we do them correct.

Feel free to call me tomorrow... I'll be in mid morning. I have to drop Mrs. Ratchthed off at the airport. After that I'll be in all day.

g
Old 12-17-2007, 07:40 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Sounds like trouble. I'll have to bet you will be late a couple days this week. Enjoy Vince
Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 AM
FormerVendor

She hates flying! And she is heading to California for the week. We had to get up at 4:00 a.m. so I could get her to the airport by 6:00 for the 8:00 a.m. flight. It's gonna be a long one today.

How 'bout you buddy? How's the weather over there in Arkansas.... Mr. I took the week off?

g
Old 12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Default Beats working!!!

Little cold today. I think it is about 40* right now. Heading out in the boat in a bit to loose some lures and having fun with a smoker as well. Texas Style Brisket is on the menu for today. A well need vacation hopefully in the 60's later this week. Might have to put some shorts on and go hit some Golf *****. Talk to you later. Vince

Quick Reply: Ever Wonder What Goes Into An ACE 4L60E?