Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From CT (With an '83 Monte Carlo, SS Clone)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New From CT (With an '83 Monte Carlo, SS Clone)

My name is Brett, and I just turned 15. I'm from Pomfret, Connecticut. I bought my first car in May 2006. It's a 1983 Monte Carlo. I'm making it an SS clone. The person that owned it before me was one of my uncle's friends, and my uncle told me about it. It's been sitting on a concrete pad, with a car cover and two tarps, for 12 years before I bought it. It started right up with no problem and we drove it home after handing over $1000. At first, he wanted $3000, but he talked himself down. There are about 71000 miles on it, about 40 miles put on by the guy I bought it from. This car is loaded with options, T-Tops, AM/FM Stereo Radio, Power windows seats and locks.

I am going to paint it white. I'm not sure yet, but I might be doing a body off restoration. Right now, I am looking for a Generation III motor, perferably an LQ4. The reason I want that is because I plan on putting a Procharger on it. Lower compression is better for turbo/supercharged engines. Look at my website I made, it will probably answer a lot of questions: www.freewebs.com/monte83

Then (first burnout)

So far

Plans

We bought an '87 Areocoupe, parts car for $500(don't worry, it was junk to start with, I've never seen rot that bad) We tore it down completely. There was nothing left but some of the body and he frame. I took all the parts I needed, and sold the rest on eBay and at a local swap meet. We cut the metal around the rear window because the seal around it was perfect. We sold that on eBay for $500.

All that was left to it

And now my brother's car. He has an '78 Malibu. This has been a five year project so far. We are making it a clone to my dad's old Mali"Blu", which has been featured in many magazines, including the March 1995 Super Chevy Magazine. He also won best in show at the Maple Grove Super Chevy in 1997 or 98. We've been doing a body-off restoration. We had to fix so much rust on it. Trying to find parts is the hard part. We had some doors shipped to us from Oklahoma, for his car and my car. We are almost finished with it now, but there are so many small things left to do.

Dad's

Now

If you want to see more pictures, just ask, I have plenty......Sorry for the length

Last edited by Monte83; 11-09-2007 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

to the top
Old 11-09-2007, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

very cool welcome to the site,good luck on your build
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM
12 Second Club

hey im from dayville. a buddy of mine is nuts about montes. he spent a few years building an aerocoupe with his dad. make sure to go to the eastern section and introduce yourself.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28convert
hey im from dayville. a buddy of mine is nuts about montes. he spent a few years building an aerocoupe with his dad. make sure to go to the eastern section and introduce yourself.

If you're from Dayville, you probably know my grandfather's garage. Ed's Service Center on South Main Street in Brooklyn, right behind Classic Pizza. My two uncles, Pete and Tom, work there.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 PM
12 Second Club

yeah i know the place. i go ripping by there sideways all summer after i wash my car. Ive seen some sick cars at their shop.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28convert
yeah i know the place. i go ripping by there sideways all summer after i wash my car. Ive seen some sick cars at their shop.
I'll have to watch for your car when I'm at the garage. My uncle does a lot of high performance work there.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:33 PM
12 Second Club

youve probably seen it before. ive built a few houses in pomfret and the garage in your pic above looks very familiar. pomfret isnt that big. i live no more than probably 10 minutes from you. the back roads of curvy roads of pomfret are fun to curse and snow drift....
Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

What's the name of your business? My dad designs custom kitchens at Brunarhans Design in Woodstock, he probably knows you.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

barry builders inc.

www.barrybuildersinc.homestead.com
Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Steve Barry built an addition for my Uncle Tom years back, and my dad went to school with Steve's wife. Are you related to Steve?

Quick Reply: New From CT (With an '83 Monte Carlo, SS Clone)