Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Supercharger install

I just got my shortblock today. I have a 98 T/A and I am currently looking for a supercharger. Is it easier to install a supercharger with the motor out, or install the motor then install the super charger? I could just install the motor and drive around until I get the SC. I currently have an STS turbo with a FMIC is it possible to purchase just a super charger and mounting hardware and use my existing plumbing? Looks like new cam time, who is good to call for blower cams? who is happy using what cam? Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running a comp camps 578 lift cam, with a .230/230 split duration.. Some have said its a bit much, but i think it works well.. Im only running 7.9 pounds of boost - D1SC. Also- my procharger was installed while the motor was still in the car, and i think using the plumbing from a sts is different.. others probably know more than me.. lol
Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

Where did you guys pick up your superchargers from?

I know when I read the forum rules it says its against the rules to talk about non-sponsors so.. if thats the case.. I guess PM me..

Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 03:51 PM
Dumb Ass Vette Moderator

Install the motor first. Break it in!!!! Then install the S/C.

Keith
Old 04-18-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1290
Install the motor first. Break it in!!!! Then install the S/C.

Keith
That is actually a VERY good point!!!!! Hard to take it easy with all that power tempting you. I have a 224/224 581 114 cam currently I was thinking of using in the new motor unless I hear something is much better. I know the plumbing from the STS is different, but I have a pipe bender and can make new sections to hook into my intercooler. I had to do that for the STS already.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigBlockCamaro
Where did you guys pick up your superchargers from?

I know when I read the forum rules it says its against the rules to talk about non-sponsors so.. if thats the case.. I guess PM me..

Thanks
Im in the process of finishing my install (fired it first time tonight ), but i have been dealing with Bob and his guys over at EPP (exotic performance plus). They are very very helpful thru the install, which is a nice thing when its your first time.
I pretty much got most of my stuff thru them, including there forced induction cam.
I would recommend them to just about anyone thats thinking of doing a procharger setup.

FWIW

Thanks...
--Mike
Old 04-19-2008, 04:51 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dcvingv6
Im in the process of finishing my install (fired it first time tonight ), but i have been dealing with Bob and his guys over at EPP (exotic performance plus). They are very very helpful thru the install, which is a nice thing when its your first time.
I pretty much got most of my stuff thru them, including there forced induction cam.
I would recommend them to just about anyone thats thinking of doing a procharger setup.

FWIW

Thanks...
--Mike
Thanks Mike, we appreciate it! Bob
Old 04-19-2008, 01:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dcvingv6

FWIW

Thanks...
--Mike
Well yes I have seen many posts from EPP so I sent them a PM, I am still waiting for a response.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zapp168
Well yes I have seen many posts from EPP so I sent them a PM, I am still waiting for a response.
PM replied to, thanks! Bob
Old 04-20-2008, 07:37 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zapp168
I just got my shortblock today. I have a 98 T/A and I am currently looking for a supercharger. Is it easier to install a supercharger with the motor out, or install the motor then install the super charger? I could just install the motor and drive around until I get the SC. I currently have an STS turbo with a FMIC is it possible to purchase just a super charger and mounting hardware and use my existing plumbing? Looks like new cam time, who is good to call for blower cams? who is happy using what cam? Thanks
I sell most of the ProCharger piece parts at this link.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=193 Bob
Old 04-21-2008, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I sell most of the ProCharger piece parts at this link.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...l?category=193 Bob
Thanks Bob......

Quick Reply: Supercharger install