Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with vacuum WITH PICS

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with vacuum WITH PICS

hey guys im a newbie to ls motors and i need a little help with all my vacuum lines.. heres how the motor came lemme know what i have to do
1. not sure what this is suppose to connect to

2. this is how it came but i think the one on the right should be connect to radiator hose?

3.Not sure

4.im pretty sure this is correct

5.i have the brake booster connect to the vacuum in the back?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
TECH Resident

wow, where did you get that thing from?
--first off pic one isnt supposed to have a PCV valve there.
--pic 1 is supposed to tie in with the hole on the back of the pass side valve cover, and they they both hook into the vacuum port shown in pic3
--pic 2 is your coolant crossover. Its supposed to tie into the top of the radiator to vent our air.
--pic 4 is correct, just need a hose that actually fits on the nipples.
--other capped of plug (on intake) in pic 2 was for your fuel tank pressure solenoid thing. you dont need that so it can stay pluged off.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

your booster will work fine how it is hooked up
Old 05-07-2008, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do use the PCV valve where it is, just go from the drivers side rear to the pass side vacuum nipple, plug off the fittings in the pass side valve cover, and add a breather filter to the oil fill cap & you will have filtered frsh air flowing through the entire crankcase & out the PCV to the vac nipple on the intake. Not OEM, but will work very well if your not in an emmision inspection state. Follow the rest off the instructions in the post above.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:17 PM
Teching In

woah woah, sorry guys your speaking another language with all this stuff, If the pcv valve isnt suppose to be there then where is suppose to go? and what is suppose to go in that hole? Little backround info. This is a 6.0 iron block with an ls6 intake,cam and springs.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1on22s
woah woah, sorry guys your speaking another language with all this stuff, If the pcv valve isnt suppose to be there then where is suppose to go? and what is suppose to go in that hole? Little backround info. This is a 6.0 iron block with an ls6 intake,cam and springs.
The spot the PCV valve is in fit's perfect for altering the crankcase ventalation system to work better if the rest of the mod is done correctly. Stock it would be either inline near the vacuum fitting on the pass side of the intake manifold snout (your pic shows it open) or inline along the pass side valve cover.

Read this thread to help understand it all:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...641&highlight=

If you want, you can call me during business hours & I'll try & walk you through each step.

Andrew69 was describing the stock OEM system & he is correct on that design....I was refering to the modified way we do it on strokers & modded motors.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Teching In

so what your tellin me is to connect picture 1 to picture 3? then put a breather on the cap? and i dont see any other fittings on the valve covers to block off? thanks again for your help
Old 05-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Teching In

i dont have any backwards facing vacuum on my pass side valve cover just the one
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
TECH Addict

just run a 3/8 hose from valve cover to valve cover in the back, then on the drivers side or passenger side whichever has the nipple up front run that to the throttle body, then use a breather cap on the oil cap location. There are a lot of breather set ups, i have one and i just used a small breather from a Suzuki Katana motorcycle, fits pretty well over the oil cap area.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1on22s
so what your tellin me is to connect picture 1 to picture 3? then put a breather on the cap? and i dont see any other fittings on the valve covers to block off? thanks again for your help
Yes, picture 1 use 3/8" stiff wall hose (Gates fuel line is stiff emough....but try & get fuel/emmissions rated so it does not collapse under vacuum) and connect to picture 3. Plug every other fitting off on the valve covers & add the breather to the oil cap. I would put a good functioning (not all work as well) inline between pic 1 & pic 3 as well. Then plug off any open fittings on the throttle body & you are good to go. It is NOT the stock set-up, but a very effective alternative that

A: has a PCV valve in place to controll the amount of vacuum pulled & act as a check valve,
B: has a non-restrictive filtered fresh air source for make up air & relief of excess pressure under high RPM's, and
C: with a good catch can eliminates the oil contamination of the intake charge.

Just ask if you get stuck on any of it.