Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Car Alarm Idea...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New Car Alarm Idea...

So... been looking at a lot of alarms lately...

and I thought of something... What if you were to hook up your alarm to one of these train horn systems by http://www.hornblasters.com/video.php

I'm sure it would be quite noticeable at that point
Old 05-26-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that video was hilarious. lol
Old 05-29-2008, 08:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Man that video was hilarious. lol
#9 cracks me up!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:10 AM
TECH Veteran

that would work real well becasue it would scare the **** out of people lol. But i was thinking about something. Ok why dont you just get the unit that just lights up, you know that "beeps" blue so it looks like you have an alarm but you dont. Because my thinking is if someone is gonna break into my car and they see my alarm light thing beeping they are either gonna pass by and look for the next car or they will just break into it not worrying about the alarm. You understand what im talking about? I have a real nice alarm system it just makes sense that it would work that way. Pretty much what im saying is that an alarm is a waste of money because if someone is determined to break into a car KNOWING that you have an alarm their going to break into it no matter what.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Resident

That's a great point.. I'm probably going to do that..How would they know..They would have to risk breaking into the car either way.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Teching In

Cool They could always BUMP the car and see what happens...

Of course I take this attitude because I just bought a Python system and I'm having it installed tomorrow morning.

I don't want to feel like I wasted my money.

I have no doubt that either way is a deterent, just depends on the sophistication and determination of the person who wants your stuff.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Irocem99
That's a great point.. I'm probably going to do that..How would they know..They would have to risk breaking into the car either way.
yup and once they break in their already set to get whatever they want
Originally Posted by Ocala
Of course I take this attitude because I just bought a Python system and I'm having it installed tomorrow morning.

I don't want to feel like I wasted my money.

I have no doubt that either way is a deterent, just depends on the sophistication and determination of the person who wants your stuff.
lol yea well that's ok than!!!! but i, sadly, had a friend who would steal radars out of cars and he said that he would just pass by cars that had the "alarm"(looking for the bleeping LED) and just pass by it. Although once he did break into a bmw knowing it had an alarm and still got the radar. Scary thing was it was right infront of a yoga session all glass front building with them facing the lot, and he got away. He was a dumbass
Old 05-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

just add a couple of sirens with a bosch relay to increase the amperage going to them it makes a big difference
Old 05-31-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mycamaroSS
that would work real well becasue it would scare the **** out of people lol. But i was thinking about something. Ok why dont you just get the unit that just lights up, you know that "beeps" blue so it looks like you have an alarm but you dont. Because my thinking is if someone is gonna break into my car and they see my alarm light thing beeping they are either gonna pass by and look for the next car or they will just break into it not worrying about the alarm. You understand what im talking about? I have a real nice alarm system it just makes sense that it would work that way. Pretty much what im saying is that an alarm is a waste of money because if someone is determined to break into a car KNOWING that you have an alarm their going to break into it no matter what.
i don't see an alarm as a waste of money.

for one, you get a break on your car insurance for having an anti-theft device installed. they won't give you that if you only have the blinking LED.

most alarms these days have a fuel/ignition kill switch on them as well, so that even if they do try to steal the car, it makes it MUCH harder to do with the ignition/fuel pump killed.

also, there are the people who will see a blinking LED and will intentionally bump the car really hard to see if it has an alarm on it for real. if it does, they walk/run away....if it doesn't, then they know they can break into it without setting of an alarm (or at least having less of a chance of it having an alarm).