Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

BOV swapped but getting more boost

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default BOV swapped but getting more boost

I swapped in a bigger BOV and no more surge could be heard. Now I do have 1 to 2 more pounds PSI after the swap. I running my boost off the Wastegate 7.8lb spring. Is there anything I can do to back down my boost?
Old 06-07-2008, 01:50 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by maxgee
I swapped in a bigger BOV and no more surge could be heard. Now I do have 1 to 2 more pounds PSI after the swap. I running my boost off the Wastegate 7.8lb spring. Is there anything I can do to back down my boost?
Swap out the spring, or if you understand tuning possibly pull some timing to help bring the power down. This is a unique request most people can't get enough boost, lol
Old 06-07-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlwnTA
Swap out the spring, or if you understand tuning possibly pull some timing to help bring the power down. This is a unique request most people can't get enough boost, lol
Yeah, I have a stock bottom so I'll pull some timing to be on the safer side of things.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:05 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by maxgee
Yeah, I have a stock bottom so I'll pull some timing to be on the safer side of things.
If that is the case, if you don't have 5K for a good forged shortblock keep your timing less than 18 degrees, no more than 10 psi and 11.5 A/F otherwise it's just a matter of time. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

Where is your wastegate boost referencing from? Before or after the tb? Where is your bov located? Your intake boost pressure should not of risen at all period.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i agree with the timing and the fact that your boost shouldnt have changed at all from a bigger bov swap
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by autosay97
Where is your wastegate boost referencing from? Before or after the tb? Where is your bov located? Your intake boost pressure should not of risen at all period.
Referenced from my brake booster.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

If I were you I would reference it directly off the intake on the engine side of the tb and seperate from everything else. Your gate needs a true intake manifold boost reading in order to regulate the correct amount of exhaust backpressure to equate into 8 psi. I assume you don't have a controller correct? One method of backing boost down is trim a little off the spring. Sounds ghetto but it works lol. Also does your gate have two ports, one on top and one on the side? If so which are you using?