Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90/90

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fast 90/90

These fast 90s are intakes from what i've taken in... How do they compare to the Ls6 intakes (i will feel like a dumbass if they are the same.....I saw them for about 879$ on LMP...how big of a gain are we talking for 900$?! Maybe 20rwhp or what? thats 300 shy of some Patriot heads!

Last edited by PassionateZ; 06-22-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PassionateZ
These fast 90s are intakes from what i've taken in... How do they compare to the Ls6 intakes (i will feel like a dumbass if they are the same.....I saw them for about 879$ on LMP...how big of a gain are we talking for 900$?! Maybe 20rwhp or what? thats 300 shy of some Patriot heads!
i've been bitching about the price of the plastic/gold for a while now... The FAST intakes are currently the best on the market, but for the price they are asking they can keep it... There are other intakes out there that are half the price and make really good power still... maybe not quite as much as the almighty FAST intake, but still much better power over the stock intake.

from what I've gathered on here the intakes below are arranged in order from BASE to BEST...

LS1 (Plastic Composite)
Proffessional Products (Cast Aluminum?)
LS6 (Plastic Composite)
Weiand (Cast Aluminum)
BBK (Cast Aluminum)
FAST (Plastic Composite 30% stronger than stock)

the new LSX StreetWarrior intake is also something you might want to consider. It's still being designed, but from what I've heard it sounds promising. Only problem is, who knows when it will be released...

you also want to keep in mind whether or not you plan on using Nitrous... the metal intakes will be more suitable for that as they are stronger...
Old 06-22-2008, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

just get an LS6
Old 06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Resident

With a H/C setup, the FAST 90 (ported) is a pheonominal mod!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
:
from what I've gathered on here the intakes below are arranged in order from BASE to BEST...

LS1 (Plastic Composite)
Proffessional Products (Cast Aluminum?)
LS6 (Plastic Composite)
Weiand (Cast Aluminum)
BBK (Cast Aluminum)
FAST (Plastic Composite 30% stronger than stock)
awesome, i notice the prices go up as well...Anyone with these intakes, or have used them with your lsx, feel free to throw some Hp/Tq numbers out there, or if you havent had one im sure someones got an idea...thanks
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

awesome, i notice the prices go up as well...Anyone with these intakes, or have used them with your lsx, feel free to throw some Hp/Tq numbers out there, or if you havent had one im sure someones got an idea...thanks
I've got the BBK... check out my sig for my dyno and supporting mods...
Old 06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with the LS6, if your car is not a 01 or 02, They came with a LS6 intake
Old 06-22-2008, 07:22 PM

I've got the BBK... check out my sig for my dyno and supporting mods...
Right on, but you have more done to your car than mine..how much did you Gain when you added the intake...Anyone know what these intakes give you hp wise
Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
TECH Junkie

to be honest, I don't have before/after comparison dynos... my engine took a dump and I got a new engine with all these supporting mods at the same time, including the bbk intake... all I can say is, with my mods I'm making pretty good power, and the dyno graph has a nice torque curve as well.... so apparently it isn't hurting me
Old 06-22-2008, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have one on my ws6 and you can see my power numbers in my sig. It is not benificial for stock internal cars IMO and should not be one of your first mods. That being said, on a H/C car, a ported 90/90 setup makes anywhere from 15-25 rwhp difference over the ls6.

Is this substantial? Yes.

The cost is more than $800-900 though. You have to buy the 90mm throttle body, and pay someone to port it. I paid Tony mamo around $400-$500 to port mine (vengence does it for a cheaper price i believe around $200 or so), and I believe the Nick williams throttle body cost around $300-$400. So, all and all your looking to spend $1500-$1800 after all is said and done.

So be honest with yourself, evaluate your goals and make the appropriate decision that suits both your desires and budget. Good luck and Happy modding.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

I will sell my LS6 and ported TB soon for a ported FAST 92. Its the best intake outhere and when ported, its crazy!

Theres a guy on this site who gained 35rwhp/8rwtq with a Mamo ported FAST90 and a 90mm TB(tuned) with a setup very similar to mine. I think its really worth it, but you wont see more than 8-10rwhp if you dont have H/C +all boltons..I did a lot of searching and the gains, over the LS6, will be 8-12rwhp for boltons car, 12-20rwhp for H/C cars, and porting will add from 10-15rwhp!! Vengeance Racing and Mamo are known for great porting of this intake. I'll be calling Vengeance soon.

The new 92mm FAST will perform as good or tiny better because of the bigger TB but they fixed fitment issues they had with the 90 intake. The 90mm is out of production now.

The Weiand street warrior will be great, but its not tested yet, and still not out...They are making a lot of promesses, but who knows how its going to perform.

My mind is made up now, you cant go wrong with a ported FAST 90mm and its a great stroker intake too for future project
The price is a bitch, but its the only mod left for me and I have to ask myself how much I'm willing to pay for 25-35rwhp more..

Last edited by Johnnystock; 06-22-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM

As was stated earlier, the BBK Manifold came second to the Fast 90/90...With the SSI BBK Manifold and 80mm throttle body, ( http://www.lmperformance.com/7810/1.html ).......what gains should i expect with this setup?? Should i expect around 30-35 rwhp from this setup??
Old 06-24-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

put it this way, if you buy a 90mm intake for a medium sized cam, bolt on car.. thats not an issue. You can always throw that intake on a larger motor if you end up going that route... its not really a waste of money, and definitly out performs the ls6 intake. ask me how i know..

and BBK intake < FAST 90/92
Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

:you also want to keep in mind whether or not you plan on using Nitrous... the metal intakes will be more suitable for that as they are stronger...

yes the cast are stronger but the FAST intakes have a built in safety feature, the FAST intakes have a blow out panel in the rear of the manifold that if it happens and it does happen when spraying i cant remember wet or dry i think wet but when it puddles in your intake it can have a nasty nitrous backfire and wreak the intake and anything else in close proximity (i think it can even damage your internals). i am not very familiar with nitrous cause i havent used it so anybody else with more experience please step in here. the panel provides and way for the backfire to flow without damaging anything else. also the FAST 90 manifolds are modular so you can buy the top, bottom, and anyother parts seaperatly i think so if you do blow the panel all you have to do is buy the top (considreably cheaper then a new intake and maybe heads) and replace the old(blown one) with the new.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

passionateZ What mods do you have right now?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

As was stated earlier, the BBK Manifold came second to the Fast 90/90...With the SSI BBK Manifold and 80mm throttle body, ( http://www.lmperformance.com/7810/1.html ).......what gains should i expect with this setup?? Should i expect around 30-35 rwhp from this setup??
I had the BBk intake and traded it for an LS6 intake. The BBk intake gets real hott because its aluminum and it robs horsepower. the LS6 stay cool. I do like the FAST intake, but I dont know about spending a little over a grand for it!
Old 06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Before and after. LS6, Ported TB, Ported MAF to Fast 90/90, SLP85 mm MAF.

228/230 cam, Forcefed HP CNC Heads, all bolt ons.

410 before, 424 after. 90/90 = 14 HP
Old 06-24-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by fastvet
I had the BBk intake and traded it for an LS6 intake. The BBk intake gets real hott because its aluminum and it robs horsepower. the LS6 stay cool. I do like the FAST intake, but I dont know about spending a little over a grand for it!
my re-buttle...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....0&postcount=10
Old 06-24-2008, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Right on, but you have more done to your car than mine..how much did you Gain when you added the intake...Anyone know what these intakes give you hp wise
I gained 24RWHP, 19rwt. with a Tony Mamo ported FAST90. just swapped out ls6 intake thats all.

plus the gains are across the rpm RPM band not just at peak.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

dont mean to hijack but are the prices of these intakes(FAST90/90) going to rise because they were discontinued there already pricey but again like i said earlier i think it is a good buy cause it is a cheap insurance if you run on the bottle plus it gives you little to no heat sink compared to the metal intakes and on there own give a decent performance increase. someone stated earlier that if you port them they run even harder. i am also thinking of this setup. again sorry to hijack.