Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

No Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start Problem

Thanks for any help in advance...About to pull my hair out. I just got done replacing the head gaskets on my 98 Z28. Got the engine put back together everything hooked up (I think), and the d@mn thing wont start. Engine cranks just fine. Started digging in to it and the fuel pump will not start. No Prime, nothing. Pulled the relay and jumped constant to the output and fuel pump magically runs. Stuck my multimeter on the coil pin's and I am only getting about .5 volt when the key is on. Reads nothing when the key is off. I have been working on this for about 3 weeks now...Had to order every part in as no one in this town stocks them, and would really like to take to vert out for a spin. Again any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

maybe injectors?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:35 AM

Is there anyway to test the injectors? I hate to sound like a complete noob...but I am pretty close. If you can push me in the right direction I can test about anything.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol im kinda a noob too man but i am having similar issues and someone suggested that the injectors could be a prob. not sure how to check them.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:07 AM
Staging Lane

Hi, Guessing. The sons car, no injector pulse, no pump pressure. The IGN relay went out on him. I swapped one from I think the cooling fan relay with a same # & started right up. Dave
Old 07-08-2008, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Agreed, same exact thing with mine.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:50 AM

Alright, Tried switching the IGN relay with one of the fan relays...No good. Still not getting any pump signal at all. I appreciate the help, just wish I could figure out this problem. I am starting to worry a little bit, I pray this is not the computer...I really can not afford that right now
Old 07-09-2008, 11:54 PM

Ok, I may be in the wrong place now. I have got a noid light and have nothing on my injectors. Check for spark, get one spark right when I turn to run but nothing when the engine is cranking. I also have check every fuse under the hood, and have checked all the relays related to engine control in any shape form or way. I have no clue where to go from here. Please somebody help...I am sick of my 4 cyl POS and want my LS1 back.

Edit: Also noticed I have no odometer/trip reading, its lit but nothing is there

Last edited by pottlepaul; 07-10-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Thumbs down Nice...

Great!--------------------------------------------------------Thank you for comforting me when I'm sad.Picking me up when I'm down.Thank you for being my friend and being around.Teaching me the meaning of love.Encouraging me when I need a shove. warcraft power leveling world of warcraft power leveling warcraft powerleveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling-------------------------------------------------------Everything is possible.