Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

looks like im gonna be tradin in the Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looks like im gonna be tradin in the Z

Well i came to the conclusion this week that the camaro is just not right for me to have right now. Im thinkin about getting a job with pepsi which i pretty much know i will get because i know a big shot in the company and im good friends with him. The job pays alot more than what i make now but i have to drive probably 40-50 miles a day one way to different parts of az and to different stores. The z has been givin me a ton of problems lately and i just cant trust it to make those kind of trips everday for work. So im gonna go look to trade it in for a used honda this weekend. But in a few yrs im definitely gonna look into getting a ls1 camaro or t/a or who knows maybe even a vette. Im still gonna be online readin up on all ur guys info to keep my brain on track to save for a nice ss or ws6. this sucks, i totally dont wanna trade in my z but the lt1 just has to go.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by EliteCamaro94
Well i came to the conclusion this week that the camaro is just not right for me to have right now. Im thinkin about getting a job with pepsi which i pretty much know i will get because i know a big shot in the company and im good friends with him. The job pays alot more than what i make now but i have to drive probably 40-50 miles a day one way to different parts of az and to different stores. The z has been givin me a ton of problems lately and i just cant trust it to make those kind of trips everday for work. So im gonna go look to trade it in for a used honda this weekend. But in a few yrs im definitely gonna look into getting a ls1 camaro or t/a or who knows maybe even a vette. Im still gonna be online readin up on all ur guys info to keep my brain on track to save for a nice ss or ws6. this sucks, i totally dont wanna trade in my z but the lt1 just has to go.
That sucks bro. Any mods you'd like to swap back for stock parts?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Staging Lane

Why don't you trade for an ls1? I drive my car everyday to and from work which equals 80miles a day. I get nearly 300miles to a tank when there isn't too much traffic. Just a thought.....
Old 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake02
Why don't you trade for an ls1? I drive my car everyday to and from work which equals 80miles a day. I get nearly 300miles to a tank when there isn't too much traffic. Just a thought.....
Good point...300+ hp, 28 mpg, and pretty reliable with proper maintenance...can't ask for much more.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

well to be honest i dont want to have a camaro for a dd. I wanna have it as my fun car. Plus when i wanna do big mods i wanna have a back up car ya know. I guess at 23 i just think its better for me to get a decent beater and rely on that while i save up to buy a low mile ls1 car. Sorry my car is bone stock and it pulls off about 315 miles per tank with mixed freeway and city driving which is pretty good. But the tranny is slipping and gonna need to be replaced and i just dont have the funds to throw down on that right now. I have always wanted a ws6 or vette so thats what im gonna get later on down the road. Im gonna miss the old z but she's gotta go for now.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some things are better left unsaid...
Old 09-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a buick!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:23 PM
On The Tree

Does Pepsi provide a company vehicle???
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I find more companies are opting for the $0.585/mile.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

no they dont provide company vehicles which is why im gonna be gettin a honda or somethin excellent on gas so i can drive back and forth to different grocery stores stockin shelves and stuff if i can get the job. Plus any other job i find is usually far from my house and the z is not liking to be drivin all the time in this az heat.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

so now my question to everyone is what would be a good daily driver in the 8000-11000 price range. Im a fairly big guy at 6'3 270 lbs. So i have been looking at the 03-06 honda accord but miles are a little high usually around 88k but i know hondas run forever. I also looked at chevy impala's and monte carlos and some cobalt ls's. NOw i have to go through a dealer cause i have a loan on my z that i owe like 3 grand on so im gonna have to trade that in and im sure ill be a little upside down. But if anyone has anyone good or bad info on these cars listed above then please let me know. I know im not gonna have any ***** in any of those cars but its just something i can rely on for the next few yrs without any problems. I have read great reviews on the accord and not so good on the impala but let me know guys if you have any experience in these cars that can help me out on my purchase. Probably goin this saturday to hopefully get somethin.

Quick Reply: looks like im gonna be tradin in the Z