Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the market for new noids.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default In the market for new noids.

Well I just got married and moved down to fla. And before I moved I decided to have slowhawk take a look at my car and make a few pulls on the dyno with my replumbed dual nozzle wet kit. Well come to find out after some trouble shooting my nitrous siloniod isnt working. Granted they are TopGun noids and are atleast 8 years old by now so its not a surprise that it **** itself. Anyway Looking for some new ones that can handle a 200 shot or more. what brand should I get?? Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd look at the HSW noids or NX has some really trick Lightning noids too. I've got two sets of the NX lightning's and love them

Last edited by myfast70; 09-10-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We stock about 5 different brand of solenoids. I have done extensive testing on noids over time as well seen all the good and bad. I can honestly say you can not beat our Nitrous Outlet brand solenoid. They are designed to flow over 4oo hp and I know that is more than you are looking for but they are designed to take the abuse over time and be reliable. I have done write ups over time explaining some of the key things to consider when looking at a solenoid. Its worth reading if you have the time.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I am sure with well over 5 different brands we have something that fits your needs and price range..
Dave
Old 09-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I can honestly say you can not beat our Nitrous Outlet brand solenoid.
Is this a new solenoid that you are manufacturing, or are you simply placing your label on another manufacturer's product. It's confusing when you say "our Nitrous Outlet Brand". Makes it sound like you are the manufacturer. Is that the case?
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

are the older nx noids any good?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
8 second mod

keep this clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the noids, not many people "make there own noids"
Old 09-10-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by KCJeff
Is this a new solenoid that you are manufacturing, or are you simply placing your label on another manufacturer's product. It's confusing when you say "our Nitrous Outlet Brand". Makes it sound like you are the manufacturer. Is that the case?
I'm pretty sure they are relabeled! NX's are made in house for sure.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 94 guy
are the older nx noids any good?
They are very good, keep em if you got em.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not touch a free NX lightning noid. Fail way to much

The old NX stuff was great. Nitro daves noids are great ( i beleve same manufacturer as the old nx and same as pro flo)

BTW theres only like 3 companies that make noids everyone buys the model they like and sticker them. It just comes down to whos' using the good ones and price.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
I would not touch a free NX lightning noid. Fail way to much
What kind of problems have you had with them? I've had pretty good luck so far! What should I look for?
Old 09-10-2008, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Well I just got married and moved down to fla. And before I moved I decided to have slowhawk take a look at my car and make a few pulls on the dyno with my replumbed dual nozzle wet kit. Well come to find out after some trouble shooting my nitrous siloniod isnt working. Granted they are TopGun noids and are atleast 8 years old by now so its not a surprise that it **** itself. Anyway Looking for some new ones that can handle a 200 shot or more. what brand should I get?? Thanks.
Oh yeah I was parked next to you at NE Summer Nationals. Thoes Top Gun solenoids are some good nitrous history, Don't throw them out!
I run nitrous-outlet solenoids on my GTO, never a problem.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

NX lightning here...

Of course I have not sprayed alot, but this is my third year with the nitrous noids, second w/ the Black Fuel Noid no issues.

I think alot of issues with noids is induced with not wiring correctly...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
10 Second Club

My lightning fuel noid failed, and led to the demise of my motor. Back to old style NX noids for me, or Nitrous Outlet's if i decide to replace them
Old 09-10-2008, 02:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
My lightning fuel noid failed, and led to the demise of my motor. Back to old style NX noids for me, or Nitrous Outlet's if i decide to replace them
What failed? Did it just not open? People say they fail but I'm just wondering how? Are the coils going bad or are the plungers sticking or is it something totally different?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by myfast70
What failed? Did it just not open? People say they fail but I'm just wondering how? Are the coils going bad or are the plungers sticking or is it something totally different?
the coils are significantly smaller (which i believe was done in a effort to save wegith, and to help them be better suited for use with progressive setups. thats what nx says.)

My n2o solenoid was pulsing like crazy, on off on off on on off on, my dyno graph looked like a lie detector test, and it pushed a headgasket, and then the rich condition caused by the fuel being on continuously while the n2o was pulsing lifted ringlands.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 860 Performance
Oh yeah I was parked next to you at NE Summer Nationals. Thoes Top Gun solenoids are some good nitrous history, Don't throw them out!
I run nitrous-outlet solenoids on my GTO, never a problem.

Yeah they are great noids. Too bad the nitrous one **** itself. I wonder if anyone would have a rebuild kit for it. Probably just be easier to get some new ones. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

Yea I would hold onto that solenoid like Vinny said...its kind of neat to look back at some of the history. There are plenty of sponsors that sell solenoids so I'm sure you'll be happy no matter where you go but if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a pm. Thanks.

Nick
Old 09-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Noyzee
keep this clean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as for the noids, not many people "make there own noids"
Sorry Noyzee, but what wasn't "clean" about my post. A vendor made a post claiming their "brand" solenoids were the best. I simply asked if they manufactured them or just put their stickers on another manufacturer's solenoid. Seems like a reasonable and logical question to ask. Particularly when the original poster has reached the end of his current solenoid's life cycle. I'm not knocking anyone here. Just asking for clarification. I'm sure many other vendors re-sell manufacturer's solenoids. Is it unreasonable for a nitrous parts buyer to ask the difference between a company's "brand" versus something they resell?

Please let me know if I'm in violation of some LS1 tech rule here. I don't see it.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KC Jeff,
Just like other Nitrous Manufactures we have our solenoids built for us by a solenoid manufacture. This does not mean that our solenoids are just like someone elses because they buy from the same manufacture. Our solenoids are manufactured here in the good ole USA to our requirements.

The only company that does not have a solenoid manufacture 100 percent build there solenoids is Nitrous Express or Wizards of NOS. Now I do not know about wizards of NOS but I know NX is not machining there own solenoid bases as its not cost affective to do so. I also know they are not building the carbon fiber housing, coil or piston in house..

So technically unless wizards of NOS is building everything in there building every Nitrous Company Out sources.

Now every company may have different quality controll standards or expectations so I can not speak for every company. But I carry 5 different companies of solenoids and I have personally used every singe one of them as well as bench tested and floed them.. So I know what I like and dislike about each company.. Now wouldnt it only be smart if I were going to build a inhouse product and put my name on it to way out the pros and cons of everything I know and build a product to what I concider the best standards?

Dave
Old 09-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Staging Lane

Dave,

That was a lovely story. Back to the original point. You said, "I can honestly say you can not beat our Nitrous Outlet brand solenoid". That's the one we're talking about. Just so we are clear. Admittedly, your "brand" solenoid is not manufactured by you, but you put your stickers on it (as do other resellers).

Are you saying that your solenoid manufacturer does not sell the unit you refer to as "Dave's Nitrous Outlet Brand" to any other resellers? They don't sell the identical components to other nitrous vendors (who, in turn place their stickers on the noids and call them "Their Brand")?

Other than the stickers, are any of "your" parts on the solenoids?

Thanks,

Jeff

Not sure I understand this part:
Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
So technically unless wizards of NOS is building everything in there building every Nitrous Company Out sources.

Quick Reply: In the market for new noids.