LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick Question for the LTx crowd

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick Question for the LTx crowd

Would you guys like to see another turbo kit out there? And if so what would you be looking for that currently isn't offered.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would love to find a turbo on the market for my trans am that is. front mount, big enough to support real hp, but can be tuned down for everyday street use. CHEAP, but good quality! easy to assemble. i dont want to lose my AC or any other luxuries or things that will effect the cars performance. that would be the epitome of perfection.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
I would love to find a turbo on the market for my trans am that is. front mount, big enough to support real hp, but can be tuned down for everyday street use. CHEAP, but good quality! easy to assemble. i dont want to lose my AC or any other luxuries or things that will effect the cars performance. that would be the epitome of perfection.
sounds like u want a 7 sec street car for cheap.... 3 things things that just dont go together but dont we all wish they did?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brucealmighty744
that doesnt seem realstic. cheap usually doesnt mean high quality. and no turbo would be easy to assemble becouse you would need to find somewhere to mount the turbo (not much room in the motor bay for it
Old 09-29-2008, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

well if you remember a while back there was a twin turbo Lt1 that was FULL weight,FULL interior with A/C..........................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGQi...eature=related
Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
well if you remember a while back there was a twin turbo Lt1 that was FULL weight,FULL interior with A/C..........................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGQi...eature=related
Have you seen pictures of that kit? The amount of money, time, and fabrication that went into that car is amazing. A Production version of that kit would be around 10k for everything that is there, not to mention the bulletproof motor, built t56, and 9in with full suspesion. Cheap was through out the window on that car.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about twin small turbos, instead of one large turbo? Would that save some room at all?

And I think for anyone who wants to keep their cars accessories while being boosted, should really just go for a supercharger.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

don't make a turbo kit for corvettes that mount right before the exhaust exits? I'll see if i can find it......

Edit: This is what I was talking about:
http://www.ststurbo.com/the_technology
Attached Thumbnails Quick Question for the LTx crowd-turbo.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

rear mount.... we've been over this... we are looking for a front mount
Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
sounds like u want a 7 sec street car for cheap.... 3 things things that just dont go together but dont we all wish they did?
I could live with 10 seconds lol(who couldn't). I just want a car to go stop light to stop light and blow the ricers mind in the lane next to me. superchargers sound great on Cobras and other vehicles, but that whine I love so much is not to be found on our beloved lt1(i did see one guy running a roots blower on here though)...I love that jet engine spool up sound that turbos offer. Check out my thread on turbo lt1 videos https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/989933-turbo-lt1-videos.html

Originally Posted by camaro-94-z28
that doesnt seem realstic. cheap usually doesnt mean high quality. and no turbo would be easy to assemble becouse you would need to find somewhere to mount the turbo (not much room in the motor bay for it
I hear you and I understand that. All of those reason you mentioned are all part of why my car does not have that nice BOV swoosh when I let off the throttle. I was just stating what I would like to see...hence the :epitome of perfection. I would love the mixture of the turbo sound with the v8 rumble!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have any sort of welding skill it isn't that difficult. You can use old SBC shorty headers and flip the driver's side one forward. You'll have to chop the back primary to clear the stearing shaft. A BMR turbo K member will help with clearance, but isn't necessary if you want to route the DP under it. That'll keep PS, AC, etc....

I still plan on finishing mine at some point, but I ran out of money. I'm just trying to get it running now. I have a few pictures of it in my 93 thread, but I'm not doing to dig through the whole thing. They're about half way.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

correct me if im wrong b/c i dont no turbos well at all but wouldnt to twins take up more space do to the hot and cold pipes, then one large turbo with one set of hot and cold?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

as said, i'd love to see a front mounted turbo kit with a decent front mount intercooler. keeping a/c and p/s would be great. i'd be fine with relocating a few other things to make room for it if it kept those. and something that would be easily customizable for a small or big hp set-up. oh, and make it pretty
Old 10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

how bout an aps-like tt kit for the lt1. something that can push 650 fairly easily.

Quick Reply: Quick Question for the LTx crowd