LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Hpe

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shops in H-town

How would you rate your experience with HPE. Sales, service, & workmanship being the three major areas. Also how were they after the install. Do they address problems professionally if they arise.
I would really like to take a poll of all the shops here in the Houston area, it would show us how each shop handles their customers and find out which have the top rated mechanics. We all idolize our rides in one form or fashion so we want them in competent hands. Come on ya'll post up your thoughts.

Last edited by electricz28; 06-23-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by electricz28
How would you rate your experience with HPE. Sales, service, & workmanship being the three major areas. Also how were they after the install. Do they address problems professionally if the arise. I would really like to take a poll of all the shops here in the Houston area, it would show us how each shop handles their customers and find out who have the top rated mechanics. We all idolize our rides so we want them in competent hands.Come on ya'll post up your thoughts
HPE has some great guys that work for them. they just finished my 383 short block. There head machiniest is an instructor at SAM and any question i had about my motor before during and after the build was awnsered where i would understand it and see why this or that was a good way to go with it. he really helped me out alot on deciding what i wanted. also great shop help they loaded the motor up it was clean and wrapped in a bag to keep it out of the elements. i will definatly deal with them again when i step up with a bigger cam and a set of heads( i would get in on their great deal they are having now but no money). al in all it was a great experiance good shop to deal with
Old 06-23-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

How would you rate your experience with HPE. Sales, service, & workmanship being the three major areas. Also how were they after the install. Do they address problems professionally if they arise.
I would really like to take a poll of all the shops here in the Houston area, it would show us how each shop handles their customers and find out which have the top rated mechanics. We all idolize our rides in one form or fashion so we want them in competent hands. Come on ya'll post up your thoughts.
Man that would be kinda tough to do,we have so many good ones.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00T\A
Man that would be kinda tough to do,we have so many good ones.
Realized, but it would be cool to see who really shines more than not.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

they all have their areas
Old 06-23-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Darkside
Well Said.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Darkside

good point. the reason i posted my long thing about HPE is they did a major part on my car. but i have delt with other local shops for parts and know friends who have had work done also by other shops and i hear just as good stuff about them to
Old 06-23-2005, 07:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would like to know how HPE deals with there customers after a sale ? and would they give u the same customer service if u just buy a $20 part as if some other guy buys a $2000 part.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JG98
i would like to know how HPE deals with there customers after a sale ? and would they give u the same customer service if u just buy a $20 part as if some other guy buys a $2000 part.
as i stated in my first post i have had questions about stuff after my motor was done nd they were all taken care of and awnsered. also before my big purchase of my motor i have delt with them for smaller parts. i started with small parts and had a good outcome with the service and that is why i chose to have them do my expensive part my motor. from my encounters they treat you the same no mateer if you but a $20 part or spend alot of money. i feel as if they know if they treat you well right off the bat if you decide you want something else later on the line you might come back to them because of the good treatment they gave you when you bought that $20 part. just speaking what i know from my experiances
Old 06-23-2005, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

would they give u the same customer service if u just buy a $20 part as if some other guy buys a $2000 part.
yes they do.....
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Regular

they do very good work
Old 06-23-2005, 07:49 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys, I am pretty **** when comes to my Z. I let a Mustang owner drive my 98 and he rolled it 1/4 mile from home.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

They stand behimd their work and have proven it to me in the past.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

Well I had a bad experience with a shop here in H-town (who will remain nameless to prevent bashing and keep this forum open) and upon talking to others to my disbelief I was not alone. I have a pretty mild car by todays standards. It took 4 trips out there to get my tune right. They gladly fixed me up 3 out of 4 times, The last visit was when the **** hit the fan. I was told my car could not be tuned and heres your $ refund. Well I walked into the shop area and talked to their tuner. Upon explaining the problem he seemed reluctant to address the issue. He did not totally clear it up but now it just comes and goes. IMO this should have been done the first visit because I drove in with a HPPIII program that worked ok and left with what ressembled the way my cell phone acted when it went in the pool.

Lets keep the shops name unlisted unless its positive feedback.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Well I had a bad experience with a shop here in H-town (who will remain nameless to prevent bashing and keep this forum open) and upon talking to others to my disbelief I was not alone. I have a pretty mild car by todays standards. It took 4 trips out there to get my tune right. They gladly fixed me up 3 out of 4 times, The last visit was when the **** hit the fan. I was told my car could not be tuned and heres your $ refund. Well I walked into the shop area and talked to their tuner. Upon explaining the problem he seemed reluctant to address the issue. He did not totally clear it up but now it just comes and goes. IMO this should have been done the first visit because I drove in with a HPPIII program that worked ok and left with what ressembled the way my cell phone acted when it went in the pool.

Lets keep the shops name unlisted unless its positive feedback.

sorry to hear about your incident. just a thought maybee you should change the title of your post that way more people can coment on shops in houston and sourounding areas ur post says hpe so i am asuming people arent going to post that have delt with others casue it says hpe on the title just a sugestion
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta_silver_bullet
sorry to hear about your incident. just a thought maybee you should change the title of your post that way more people can coment on shops in houston and sourounding areas ur post says hpe so i am asuming people arent going to post that have delt with others casue it says hpe on the title just a sugestion
Thanks, sitting there scratching my head thinking it may sound like I was trying to single one shop out exclusively.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

Just to reset the tone, I questioned HPE becuase I have decided to let them do the cam and intake on the Z. All the positve feedback eases my mind.

Thanx All
Old 06-23-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I can personally tell you that the Customer is number 1. Not the sales recipt....

(And I can tell you this, because I'm on the other side of the counter)
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ContractKiller
I can personally tell you that the Customer is number 1. Not the sales recipt....

(And I can tell you this, because I'm on the other side of the counter)
I recognized your sig. I am glad everyone took this post in a positive way and didn't turn it into some name calling or business bashing. I look foward to doing business with HPE. I have personally toured your competitions facilities in the area and your shop is the first that had a positive impact on my decision ,
Old 06-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Launching!

i have only delt with 2 Gm based shope, MTI and HPE. They both have top notch service and Mechanics. I have had great srevice by both shops. I have had problems with both with little minor things, like a part being bad from the manufatcor etc. but both shops have gone out of thier way to please me the customer. I'm sure there are other good shops in the Houston area but these are the only two i have delt with.

Quick Reply: Hpe