LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Quaker State Goes Unchallenged

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Quaker State Goes Unchallenged

Wonder why Mobil 1, Valvoline and Castrol wounld'nt accept.

http://www.reuters.com/article/press...09+PRN20090331

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6492...off/index.html

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/News...challenge.aspx

Quaker State full synthetic motor oil offers unsurpassed wear protection

Last edited by BEN2007SS; 05-03-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:07 PM

More company's should start to do this. Of course, its not gonna benefit the one's that lose but it will encourage a better product! I think. Quaker state has already tested their product and knows it will win as well as the other company's. Why accept the challenge if you will lose and risk a drop in sales right? I think I might give Quaker State a try next oil change....
Old 05-02-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's funny. I buy Mobil 1 with no complaints. The only reason I don't buy Quaker State is because a five quart container of Q Horsepower full Synthetic is $18, seems a little cheap to me. The same container of Mobil 1 sets me back $26. I might make a switch.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gxp'er
More company's should start to do this. Of course, its not gonna benefit the one's that lose but it will encourage a better product! I think. Quaker state has already tested their product and knows it will win as well as the other company's. Why accept the challenge if you will lose and risk a drop in sales right? I think I might give Quaker State a try next oil change....
Yea I use Quaker State Synthetic and have for years, But to see they believe there product is better and put's in a full-page advertisement in USA Today has the ***** to call out Mobil 1, Valvoline and Castrol to a motor oil challenge and better yet they declined to go head-to-head. More companys should do this the only one who wins is the consumers. This just tell me what I already know Quaker State full synthetic motor oil offers unsurpassed wear protection !!!!. I'll keep paying at Wally World $18 for five qt's.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.smartsynthetics.com/artic...il_testing.htm
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Too bad those test results are over 6 years old.......
Old 05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Heres an up to date one for you well more up to date at leasthttp://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/g1971/index.aspx
Old 05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

A challenge is a challenge where I come from. So what I wanted to state with this post is QSS had made a Challenge and got no takers. We can come up with all the what if's and this and that, but the fact is no one took the challenge. WHY are they hiding something from Joe Customer. We the consumer would have benifited by this challenge.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well i dont think a challenge proves anything if theres no takers. i could publicly challenge mike tyson to a fight him not responding doesnt mean id beat his ***. your right though they should have gone through with it itd be good to see what the results would have been.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMonteMan
Heres an up to date one for you well more up to date at leasthttp://www.amsoil.com/performancetests/g1971/index.aspx
Actually running amsoil right now but its amazing how thats from a amsoil site and they lead in absolutely every catagory . i just picked up 5 quarts of Q for 18 bucks ima give it a try in a few days.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Sounds like Quaker State is still trying evey trick in the book and to do anything they can to restore their tarnished reputation whch took place back in the late 70's or early 80's when it was documented through independent testing that they produced oil that caused many engine failures and they paid for tons of engine replacements. Anyone else here old enough to remember that?
Old 10-16-2009, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MonmouthCtyLS7
Actually running amsoil right now but its amazing how thats from a amsoil site and they lead in absolutely every catagory . i just picked up 5 quarts of Q for 18 bucks ima give it a try in a few days.
Haha its kinda funny how all those tests were done by an independant lab, not AMSOIL.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Am I misreading the articles, or is the QS challange to see it other brands are better.

Note the word better. They are not asking if anyone elses is equally as good, but better. If they are equally as good, why have a preference?

QS is not stating anything other than their oil is as good as the next guys.

This does not prove that their oil is superior. I would not hop that train yet.

Am I wrong here?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 00TurboTA
Haha its kinda funny how all those tests were done by an independant lab, not AMSOIL.
Ditto... Amsoil has do testing with several different independent companies. They have done that cause they have been accused so many times from people not believing that the results were un-bias.

Quick Reply: Quaker State Goes Unchallenged