LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Question about head lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about head lights

How many of you have 06-07-MONTE-CARLO-CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS CHROME and do you like them?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have them, and I like them. I had the little CCFL ballast go out once, but the seller sent me another one very quickly.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think they look okay. For your white car, the chrome ones would fit your car the best.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM
TECH Junkie

How hard were they to install? and Thanks Guys for the input.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Install is simple. Unscrew the bolt in the fender, remove the white clip, pull old HL out. Reverse the process for the new ones.

If you want the halos on all the time (with the running lights), connect the power & gnd leads off the CCFL inverter to the power wires for the running lights. Just strip a little sheathing off, twist the wires together, and solder or tape them up. You can also use wire taps, but those can fail, since the power wires for the halos are thin and may slip out of the connector.

I'm running mine on a separate switch, so that I can turn them on and off w/o the other lights. I like to run my halos alone during the day and early evening.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

I think they're nice. I'd like to add the black ones to mine some day, but they're pretty expensive. Check out Nacho's SS, he has them on his white SS.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Chris,
What type of switch did you add and what location placement of the switch you added
Old 05-21-2009, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

LOL...nothing is permanently wired yet. I'm waiting for BBengineer @ NAIOA to finish a momentary memory switch setup before I go permanent. That's going to go somewhere in the cubby beneath the head unit. It will be a single-stage, push button with memory, so that they turn off when the car is off, but will turn back on after the car comes on.

ATM, I have the power wire running from the battery, up and over the crease/joint where the hood & fender meet the A-pillar, down around the door frame (yes, it's exposed), then into the glove box. I have a ground wire @ the fuse panel, and the signal wire from the headlight wiring kit (aftermarket lighting wiring kit from autozone) runs up my D/S fender, through the rubber grommet @ the door frame, then under the dash to the glove box. Very ghetto, if I do say so myself. I often forget to turn them off, and find myself running out to the car late at night to do so (hence why BBe's switch is important to have).

I tried using the "add a circuit" fuse/wire combos in a vacant spot in the panel, but those are not rated higher than 10a, and I need a 20A circuit.