LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Any NASCAR fans out there?? Favorite driver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any NASCAR fans out there?? Favorite driver?

I am wondering if there were any other NASCAR nuts out there in LS4 land.... AS you can tell by looking at the Monte I drive that I am a Dale Sr fan, but since he is no longer with us, I pull for #29 Harvick, same basic crew and team.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 AM
On The Tree

Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart ......actually got to take the GXP out on the track before the fall Michigan race this year...

Last edited by jrhartman; 12-18-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Ya, I am a Harvick fan all the way. He should have won the championship this year, since he pretty much dominated the season. But what are you gonna do? NASCAR....
Old 12-18-2010, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our family pulls for the #33, Clint Bowyer, on race day.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, Harvick got robbed this year, well I hope RCR doesn't go down the tubes next year. I seems like whenever they add that 4th team the whole operation suffers... Bowyer got screwed as well!!
Old 12-18-2010, 08:22 PM
Staging Lane

He should have won the championship this year, since he pretty much dominated the season. But what are you gonna do? NASCAR....
Vote for Jimmy, Thats what you should do He won the championship fair and square. Its not about how well you did all year,, take denny for instance. Best year ever. Its about consistency and what you do the last race...When it counts.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by grimlock34
Vote for Jimmy, Thats what you should do He won the championship fair and square. Its not about how well you did all year,, take denny for instance. Best year ever. Its about consistency and what you do the last race...When it counts.
Well thats a horrible statement.... If it's about consistency, then how is it not about how you do all year? If it's just all about the chase, then why do they even have 36 races a year, why not just 10? How was Denny's year "the best year ever"? Maybe for him it was, but certainly not in the history of Nascar. He might have had 8 wins, but he had plenty of DNF's to go with that, same with JJ....which equals anything but your consistency. The chase is BS if you ask me, but you would disagree since it sounds like your are a JJ fan. They need the old pts back, now thats fair and square, they didn't have to change it every year. If you ask me, JJ has only won 2 championships fair and square. The chase is stupid, corrupt, horribly planned, and anything else you want to add, just like our government. Harvick was consistently the best all year, hands down. He was just jewed out of a championship because he didn't win as many races, even though he had the BEST average finish of anyone, had the best pass/passed ratio out of anyone, had more top 10s than anyone, and scored WAY more pts than anyone. Im sure there's a few more things to add to that list.

Nascar GAVE the championship to JJ, he didn't earn it.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

probably gonna get **** for it , but my favorite is jeff gordan lol, liked him since i was a little little one lol
Old 12-19-2010, 04:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gxp-miller-gxp
probably gonna get **** for it , but my favorite is jeff gordan lol, liked him since i was a little little one lol
You'll get what?? So what dude I got ya back!!

LOL!!

AND!!!

yeah this is what I owned!! 03 Monte SS Jeff Gordon Sig Edition. I'm a Jeff Gordon fan, and will stay one!
Hell at Atlanta Motor Speedway a random guy approached me as I was wearing the old throwback Pepsi and he rushed towards me and said: "you cheated us!!" His girlfriend was telling comeback calm down. I was waiting on this dumbass to touch me! Too ignorant and drunk to know what he's up against! So I figure, the hate can't be that serious, and if it is, somethings wrong with them!! LoL!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I like all of the hendrick racers, including gordon. I ment best year for denny hamlin, didnt mention anything about the history of nascar. Oh and the last i saw, everyone raced under the same points rules that were in the points chase so quit crying and making up excuses for your third place racer. Yeah, i agree, i think the old points system was a better one. But to say jjs win wasnt fair has no justification at all based on my previous sentence.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty indifferent to the Hendrick drivers, though I do have a lot of respect for Rick Hendrick.

I'm RCR all the way, but I was very happy that the 48 won the title instead of the 11.

I think we can all agree that Toyota doesn't belong in NASCAR and it would have really sucked if one would have won the championship.

And yes, Bowyer got screwed on that inspection BS at Loudon. No way the car passes all of the track inspections, then mysteriously fails in Charlotte two days later unless there some **** going on. It sucks too, because there's no nicer guy in the sport. I've met Clint and can vouch for him personally as being a stand-up guy.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 PM
Staging Lane

plus one to the inspection bs.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Yes, I was happy that JJ beat out Hamlin, to see a Toyota win the Chanpionship would have KILLED me!! If they would have kept the old points system Harvick would have slaughtered the entire field, but I have to give JJ and his crew due, they really know how to chase race.