LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

ddm performance wtf

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ddm performance wtf

so after adjusting to the learning curve i wanted to go for a better set of hid headlights, so i ordered the 55 watt ones from ddm performance, i have heard great things from users on here who have them, but i just checked the tracking number and it says there coming from fuckn china!!!! is this the case with all of the guys that have ordered them, how long did they take to come in? one of mine burnt out and is just a matter of time before metro starts dickin with me
Old 08-16-2011, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
so after adjusting to the learning curve i wanted to go for a better set of hid headlights, so i ordered the 55 watt ones from ddm performance, i have heard great things from users on here who have them, but i just checked the tracking number and it says there coming from fuckn china!!!! is this the case with all of the guys that have ordered them, how long did they take to come in? one of mine burnt out and is just a matter of time before metro starts dickin with me

mine took six weeks to arrive when they shipped from California, only to have a bad ballast....then I had to wait again.....their customer services sucks, they took my $ immediately then just told to to wait and be patient.

no one here listens to me though, and everyone swears by them....I would gladly have paid double to deal with a company that actually gave two ***** about their customers...
Old 08-16-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine came fro china about 3 weeks ago and it took about a week maybe to get them. Their customer service BLOWS I sat on hold for a total of 3-4 hours just to reslove the problem I had of them not working/ get my invoice number to ship stuff back but I do love the hid's though
Old 08-16-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

fuckn a missed that memo damn if i would of known they where coming from the damn combloc i would of never considered buying them,
Old 08-16-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine came from china in about a week after ordering them
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Launching!

The set I bought from my car came from cali. The set i bought for my moms came from China though, and I'm still waiting on getting my bad ballast back, been a out 3 weeks since I got return number and sent it in.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

i can already feel my head pounding from the aggravation this will most likely cause me
Old 08-17-2011, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a dead ballast right now as well.

Three weeks ago I created a ticket on their website to get an RMA.

I finally got the thing on Monday, but I don't think I will be sending it in.

They sure have gone down hill!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

when I first ordered mine it took about 2 weeks to get. After a couple months BOTH headlight ballast went bad. I called customer service they told me to send them back and it would take 3 weeks to get new ones. a week and a half later they sent me new ones i also ordered a wire harness from them and now every thing is good.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They SUCK,mine died 2 months later with harness...I had put some in my lady car(4yrs) w/out a harness,that have lasted 5 different pairs that have been in the Imp. Im just gonna get some thru the stereo shop I know,where I bought them for the G6.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Staging Lane

I think it's sorta hit or miss with them. I've bought 3 sets now from them and 2 have been great, the 3rd not so much. The ones in my GXP are great, however. But seriously, did you really think you'd get quality American-made HID's for $35?
Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hear you about them being cheap...that is why I like them...

What I don't like/understand is the fact that their service is down right laughable.

I am going to try some off Ebay, hopefully they will be decent.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

They are so inexpensive that I simply bought two complete sets (35W 6K) , one as a spare. Installed them in December, 2010, never had to replace anything yet. Mine most definitely did not get shipped from China, but from the US. I initially ordered the wrong size (H1s instead of H11s) and they took them back no problem. I do recall waiting FOREVER on hold many times to get it all straightened out though.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They own the factory in China and the lights are made to their specs. I've been running 3 sets of lights in 2 vehicles (2 low beams + 1 set of fogs) for the last 2 years, and I've had no problems with bulbs or ballasts.

That said, they do have a lifetime warranty on their HIDs, so even though it may be a PIA, at least you're not buying them again.

And to the OP, for what you paid for that HID kit, did you really expect them to be manufactured in the US, Japan, or Germany? OF COURSE THEY'RE MADE IN CHINA!

Get real dude.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1 Racing
They own the factory in China and the lights are made to their specs. I've been running 3 sets of lights in 2 vehicles (2 low beams + 1 set of fogs) for the last 2 years, and I've had no problems with bulbs or ballasts.

That said, they do have a lifetime warranty on their HIDs, so even though it may be a PIA, at least you're not buying them again.

And to the OP, for what you paid for that HID kit, did you really expect them to be manufactured in the US, Japan, or Germany? OF COURSE THEY'RE MADE IN CHINA!

Get real dude.
ooo trust me im "real"-lol

first off china sucks, and i was unable to find a hid set up manufactured stateside. i know they are made in china but stuff that ships from china has a notoriously long transit time (weeks to months) so i guess it was more the frustration that the shipping will be obviously longer
Old 08-18-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought two pairs of HID kits for my friends Impala , and got them within two weeks from China( which I really dont care). I open the package and there is only one kit instead of two. I call them up the next day and tell them what happened . They said they would send me the missing one but had to send them pictures of the packaging and ballasts. I emailed them the pics and well its been 3 months and still waiting . After random phone calls I just gave up . They suck!!!