LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

GXP's Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GXP's Replacement

well this afternoon we will be going to get my wifes new car...we are picking up a 2011 chevy equinox 1LT...it is white with jet black interior...this car is replacing my babythat i sold a few weeks back so at least now i have something i can detail again...i told the dealership that nobody is allowed to touch the car so i can get it fixed myself....expect pics later on tonight and some before and afters this weekend
Old 08-09-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats on the new car
Old 08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

You sold the car? Where the hell was I? lol.... Ah, man... Don't worry I am depressed for you. ha, ha.... Makes me glad I paid mine off now... What made ya change? Gas milage? I am getting about 21 to 24 mpg on the highway and about 14 to 16 in the city. With an equal combo of both I am almost getting 19mpg.

Good luck with the new truck. Put a turbo in it or something...

-Mike
Old 08-09-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
You sold the car? Where the hell was I? lol.... Ah, man... Don't worry I am depressed for you. ha, ha.... Makes me glad I paid mine off now... What made ya change? Gas milage? I am getting about 21 to 24 mpg on the highway and about 14 to 16 in the city. With an equal combo of both I am almost getting 19mpg.

Good luck with the new truck. Put a turbo in it or something...

-Mike
yeah about 2 weeks ago...it was a sad day that involved a lot of drinking.....we had to sell it because the wifey needed a new car and we couldnt do 2 car payments and since the GXP was more of a toy car it had to go unfortunately.....wish i woulda known lol......we were hoping to get the red jewel but couldnt find one in our price range so we went with the white....i was very happy with declining the option for dealer installed swirls because the paint isnt in too bad of shape...it needs clayed since it has some rail dust on it...i was able to get it washed and a coat of wax thrown on it tonight...this weekend ill be striping it down, claying, polishing, and sealing...plans for the car will be to tint the front 2 windows and get a mesh grill on the front....ive been looking into putting the LTZ projectors but havent seen a for sure answer on whether they will fit or not...also want to get the OEM fogs but from what ive read there is a lot of wiring that would need to be done to get it to work so we will see....on with the pics

on a side note...going from a V8 to V4 is really depressing....i need to get back into a fast car soon or i might go crazy
Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

That is a nice suv. I like the rims on it. Get a little project for yourself. I know I have a GXP but I am currently looking into a project car now. lol... Maybe an 80's Mustang, Camaro, or Firebird. Unsure right now...

-Mike
Old 08-10-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
That is a nice suv. I like the rims on it. Get a little project for yourself. I know I have a GXP but I am currently looking into a project car now. lol... Maybe an 80's Mustang, Camaro, or Firebird. Unsure right now...

-Mike
yeah i am sure i will be getting back into something fast before too long...the V4 just doesnt cut it for me lol
Old 08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you mean I-4
Old 08-11-2011, 08:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I check craigslist daily for cars. I am looking at an 89 lx Mustang with a 351windsor in it right now. Not sure if I will but it though. I think I am confusing myself with all of the choices. I was even entertaining a Fiero to do a SC 3800 or V-8 swap. I still do not know what I am going to do just yet.

-Mike
Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mike690003
you mean I-4
V4...I4....its all slow lol