LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Tbss intake on ls4

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tbss intake on ls4

Ok so i have read a bunch of the posts regarding intake manifold swaps. I am going to put a tbss intake and ls2 TB on my ls4 and intend to have it tuned, but was wondering how urgent it is to get the tune dialed in? I was going to have diablew do it instead of my local dyno, but didn't know if it would throw the tune off so far that it would hurt the engine if i drove it gently for a couple hundred miles at the most (as he has people log 150 miles prior to adjustong tuning)? I have a diablo trinity programmer and may be able to adjust some things to hold me over for some time but im not sure if that will help. Thoughts?
Old 09-21-2016, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jp_07mcss
Ok so i have read a bunch of the posts regarding intake manifold swaps. I am going to put a tbss intake and ls2 TB on my ls4 and intend to have it tuned, but was wondering how urgent it is to get the tune dialed in? I was going to have diablew do it instead of my local dyno, but didn't know if it would throw the tune off so far that it would hurt the engine if i drove it gently for a couple hundred miles at the most (as he has people log 150 miles prior to adjustong tuning)? I have a diablo trinity programmer and may be able to adjust some things to hold me over for some time but im not sure if that will help. Thoughts?
The o2 sensors will adjust the fuel trims until you get a tune. Don't worry about it. It would be different if you where running a turbo without a tune
Old 09-21-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-21-2016, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sint3k
The o2 sensors will adjust the fuel trims until you get a tune. Don't worry about it. It would be different if you where running a turbo without a tune
assuming they can adjust that high, superglides car needed 80% more fuel on the maf table to get his running.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spawne32
assuming they can adjust that high, superglides car needed 80% more fuel on the maf table to get his running.
If it does not throw a rich or lean code, then Id say it can adjust just fine. You'll know pretty quickly. If it throws a lean code, you'll for sure want to get it tuned and stop driving it, with an active code it'll default to open loop, and it'll for sure run lean enough to hurt the motor
Old 09-22-2016, 05:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Even withough modification to the power steering pump the tbss intake manifold will not fit. Your looking at either cutting into the runner or retrofitting electric power steering
Old 09-22-2016, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Along with the TBSS manifold not working, any Diablo product cannot edit the throttle body tables so you'd have to get it tuned professionally or buy some capable tuning software like HPTuners or EFI Live if you want to run a LS2 TB with it.
Old 09-24-2016, 05:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a fender well Intake on my gxp when I had t and had to have it tuned it was so lean, they have a lean tune from the factory as is. Intake swap= mandatory tune. Look beyond the truck intake fwiw

Quick Reply: Tbss intake on ls4