LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car stuck in closed loop?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car stuck in closed loop?

Hello fellas, I bought my car 67 chevelle with 95 LT1 and trans from a camaro. The guy told me its tune is in closed loop so it runs like total **** until it warms up usually 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions on who or what to use for a re-tune??. What would the adavantages of this be, im guessing the guy who built the car was an idiot?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
Hello fellas, I bought my car 67 chevelle with 95 LT1 and trans from a camaro. The guy told me its tune is in closed loop so it runs like total **** until it warms up usually 5-10 minutes. Any suggestions on who or what to use for a re-tune??. What would the adavantages of this be, im guessing the guy who built the car was an idiot?
Anyone in your area setup for dyno-tuning? I am so out of the loop (sold mine 3 yrs ago) but there was a couple of vendors on here that you could ship your PCM to for tuning. Do a little search or maybe someone will chime in on "who" does the mailorder tunes. Personally I like dyno-tuning and even if you didn't dyno they could still retune the pcm to run open loop set parameters prior nominal temp closed loop kickin.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It can't be stuck in closed loop. What mods are done to the motor?
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by flame
It can't be stuck in closed loop. What mods are done to the motor?
I got the car on a trade. All I know is it was rebuilt 8k some miles ago, and was a stroked 383. As far as internals I have no clue on compression or anything??? But Its cold blooded as hell until it warms up. spits and sputters if it doesnt get a chance to warm up. once Its up to operating temp it runs great. Also It has to cranks just alittle longer than it should before it fires up.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With not knowing the internal mods you need to find someone that can tune it hands on
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Banned

Sounds like you need another tune. Your car can't be stuck in closed loop lol.

Open loop is when you first start your car cold. It's running off of set parameters in your computer, with no 02 feedback.

Closed loop is when everything warms up. Your 02 sensors start feeding back information (closing the loop) to the computer in order for it to make adjustments and get it running right.

Idk much about tuning, but maybe Solomon or someone will chime in here.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Young camaro
Sounds like you need another tune. Your car can't be stuck in closed loop lol.

Open loop is when you first start your car cold. It's running off of set parameters in your computer, with no 02 feedback.

Closed loop is when everything warms up. Your 02 sensors start feeding back information (closing the loop) to the computer in order for it to make adjustments and get it running right.

Idk much about tuning, but maybe Solomon or someone will chime in here.
Thats why it seems like it is in closed loop? not like any other efi car where its cold you can fire it up and drive away. reminds me alot like an old mopar I had with edelbrock heads and air gap manifold, had to let it warm up before you could go anywhere.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Anybody know any tuners in colorado that can work on this thing?

Quick Reply: car stuck in closed loop?