LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pics of the new setup with single plane.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of the new setup with single plane.

I'm going through a rebuild and decided to upgrade a few things while I was in there. Cam is upgraded, intake/throttle body is upgraded from a fully ported/welded lt4 with a monoblade, and no more opticrap It should be going into the car this week but I have alot of loose ends to finish up on the rest of the car before it hits the track. But thought some of you would enjoy seeiing the new setup.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Launching!

sweet! glad to see you have it together. one question though, why did you go with bolts instead of studs? just curious.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

studs didn't fit with the new springs or with the shaft mount setup. Bolts are fine for what I'm doing with the motor at this point.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

That Is One Sexy Motor!

Looks good!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! That tall distributer will not fit under the cowl. Should have gotten a low profile crab style.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Looks nice

You still use the stock computer with the distributor?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:39 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice Tim
Old 01-09-2007, 12:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

wow... looks like a runner. how much you spend up top with all the fuel injection stuff?

I am jsut ditching the LT1 and gunna do all that but on top of a SBC
Old 01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Tony, have ya'll actually put one in the car. I measured for my intake setup and it was below the cowl and the distributor is shorter. I guess I need to get a measurment from back of the block to cowl on a stock car. Accel does have a "large cap" conversion that the cap is fatter but much shorter. If i have to get that no biggie.

LS1 Bait, I run a gen 7 setup which will talk to the dual sync distributor with just a few changed in the software.

Thanks jason...and everyone else.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dragframe
wow... looks like a runner. how much you spend up top with all the fuel injection stuff?

I am jsut ditching the LT1 and gunna do all that but on top of a SBC
I came across a deal on the whole top end setup so I don't have but about 1/3rd what I hear others have in theirs.

I have some 12 deg. brodix heads in my attic...one day I will build the rest of it and throw a turbo at it...hehehhe. Gonna put the turbo on this setup with a different bottom end first though.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
studs didn't fit with the new springs or with the shaft mount setup. Bolts are fine for what I'm doing with the motor at this point.
First off that is one nice looking setup, should be a beast in the 1/4. I am curious though about why the studs wouldn't fit? I'm running studs, Jessels & fully ported AFR-210s with Nextek SR springs (pockets were machined out wider too), so I don't see what the difference would be even with different heads because the bolt pattern doesn't change. Just wanting to learn something new, not knocking your build or anything.

here is a couple pics of mine and I'm trying to see what's different with our bolt pattern or castings but can't tell, look similar other than the type of springs were both using.

Last edited by BRETTINATOR; 01-09-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

I came across a deal on the whole top end setup so I don't have but about 1/3rd what I hear others have in theirs.

I have some 12 deg. brodix heads in my attic...one day I will build the rest of it and throw a turbo at it...hehehhe. Gonna put the turbo on this setup with a different bottom end first though.

have you taken a look at my turbo setup? If you look at my topics i have made you will find a thread with all the pics of my setup...

Im goign with a low compression 355 with Pro Dart heads and boost the **** out of it.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:05 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tony, have ya'll actually put one in the car. I measured for my intake setup and it was below the cowl and the distributor is shorter. I guess I need to get a measurment from back of the block to cowl on a stock car. Accel does have a "large cap" conversion that the cap is fatter but much shorter. If i have to get that no biggie.

The floor pan/firewall angles up to the engine. I am positive it will hit your distributer. The cowl itself may not but the angled firewall will. But now that I think of it the cowl does have a recess area that will hit the dist. as well. Guess you could stab the engine and find out.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

everything was fine except on the middle stud between the springs. It wouldn't even come close to letting the nut down on the stud. Also the top outside studs were very very close..I could have managed to get the nut down on it but decided that since the middle stud wouldnt' work I didn't want to take the chance of them torqing different between the stud and bolt. What did you do for the head bolts under your shaft setup..did you just use bolts there?
Old 01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
The floor pan/firewall angles up to the engine. I am positive it will hit your distributer. The cowl itself may not but the angled firewall will. But now that I think of it the cowl does have a recess area that will hit the dist. as well. Guess you could stab the engine and find out.

I'm not afraid of a little firewall massaging
Old 01-09-2007, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

everything was fine except on the middle stud between the springs. It wouldn't even come close to letting the nut down on the stud. Also the top outside studs were very very close..I could have managed to get the nut down on it but decided that since the middle stud wouldnt' work I didn't want to take the chance of them torqing different between the stud and bolt. What did you do for the head bolts under your shaft setup..did you just use bolts there?
No the entire setup is completely studded, see below: You should be fine though with some good ARP head bolts like your using, I was just curious, looks like a helluva build. I too am considering the crab style dist along with a BigStuff PCM, want to shift her around 7600 vs 6900-7000.

Oh yeah what does that 4bl TB flow, thought it was around 1500 cfm or so? After researching the various vendors on here I decided on using PortPros to build my EFI SuperVic starting next week hopefully. I like this intake because I can play with several TB options.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BRETTINATOR
No the entire setup is completely studded, see below: You should be fine though with some good ARP head bolts like your using, I was just curious, looks like a helluva build. I too am considering the crab style dist along with a BigStuff PCM, want to shift her around 7600 vs 6900-7000.

Oh yeah what does that 4bl TB flow, thought it was around 1500 cfm or so? After researching the various vendors on here I decided on using PortPros to build my EFI SuperVic starting next week hopefully. I like this intake because I can play with several TB options.

Throttle body flows around 1200 but has been worked on. I will try it but plan on having a ported setup there too and try on the dyno....if it gives me more I will buy it. Thats the only thing I'm not real happy about with this setup but I can change that. What shaft mount setup are you using..my mounting base hit my studs
Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM
11 Second Club

Throttle body flows around 1200 but has been worked on. I will try it but plan on having a ported setup there too and try on the dyno....if it gives me more I will buy it. Thats the only thing I'm not real happy about with this setup but I can change that. What shaft mount setup are you using..my mounting base hit my studs
These are the Jessell Sportsmans for now, No clearance issues. I thought there were some 4bl TBs that flowed around 1500 but am not sure. The AZM flows around 1300 to 1330 which is what I have now, plan on using an intakelbows unit. Thought about the AccuFab 90mm and a Wilson but Harold @PortBros told me I'd gain hardly anything over the AZM, so I'll give it a try for now.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

looks good
Old 01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

distributor does look tall... but I believe it will clear.. a friend has a '95 camaro with the GMPP carb intake and a mallory unilite distributor... says there's JUST enough room to slip the plug wire boots over the terminals on the cap... but hey, it worked!

what kind of intake is that? a carbed super vic converted to EFI?

and where exactly did you get the TB from? any link?

sweet setup man... can't wait to get mine done

Quick Reply: Pics of the new setup with single plane.