LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pcmforless!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcmforless!!!!!!!!

can't say enough about bryan!! man did he hook me up!! i was in a bind with time, waited to the last minute as usual to get ready for a track rental on friday. did a zex wet kit install as well as a hotcam kit install this sunday thru yesterday. called bryan monday and asked if i overnighted the pcm to him could he tune it and overnight it back. without hesitation he said yes and followed through to the tee!!

just installed the pcm and shes running sweet!!

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO PCMFORLESS AND BRYAN HETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bryan's the man!! A+++ tunes
Old 10-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea Bryan does a good job. I always say make sure the car is running Machanically 100% before having it done to avoid overly rich tunes, other then that he is mint.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

I had a very bad experience with one of his tunes this past weekend... left a pretty bad taste in my mouth IMO... I wont be recommending anyone to him.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
I had a very bad experience with one of his tunes this past weekend... left a pretty bad taste in my mouth IMO... I wont be recommending anyone to him.
same boat...he quoted me 175 then charged me 225...

then quoted me 75 and charged me 125
screw him never use him ever again...madz28 never screwed me, down to earth honest guy
Old 10-17-2007, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

bryan's tunes have been awesome for me.

i went 12.0 @ 112.81 w/ a baby cc503 and stock heads in an automatic w/ his tune...

then went the times in my sig with his tune.

Wish I could have him nearby to dynotune for me.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

its not only that... he kept telling me his PCM wasnt locked over and over again... and it was clearly locked (we were trying to tune it better) and he just simply swore it wasnt locked, although it clearly was... on top of that , he sent my boy a junkyard PCM, that shorted out 30 minutes after it was in the vehicle and wasnt tuneable at all... causing him to go locate another PCM, spend more time and money than he wanted to... all because the guy's a liar, and sends sub-quality stuff to people... Thats my experience.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
11 Second Club

its not only that... he kept telling me his PCM wasnt locked over and over again... and it was clearly locked (we were trying to tune it better) and he just simply swore it wasnt locked, although it clearly was... on top of that , he sent my boy a junkyard PCM, that shorted out 30 minutes after it was in the vehicle and wasnt tuneable at all... causing him to go locate another PCM, spend more time and money than he wanted to... all because the guy's a liar, and sends sub-quality stuff to people... Thats my experience.
On a flip note.. my PCM most recently failed on his bench during a flash and he at no cost replaced my PCM with an almost new looking unit.

I've been a pcmforless customer since 2001.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
On a flip note.. my PCM most recently failed on his bench during a flash and he at no cost replaced my PCM with an almost new looking unit.

I've been a pcmforless customer since 2001.
I completely understand I am probably among the 3-5% of his customers that have had a bad experience... the way he handled our situation was very unprofessional...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've known Bryan personally for several years. I know he doesnt lock his tunes. NONE OF THEM. As for cores, I'm sure he uses used cores, as most all mail order tuners. For the price, they arent going to sell new or even reman units. Most of their cores are trade ins. They depend on that to keep their inventory up.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I've known Bryan personally for several years. I know he doesnt lock his tunes. NONE OF THEM. As for cores, I'm sure he uses used cores, as most all mail order tuners. For the price, they arent going to sell new or even reman units. Most of their cores are trade ins. They depend on that to keep their inventory up.
the one he sent us took a **** on us... he was an ******* on the phone, even hung up on us. I know how to talk to people, I work with the public, thats not how you handle things... locked or not, the PCM was still not right. It kept asking us for an unlock code for the PCM... which leads me to believe its locked right?? it had the nifty little PCMforless sticker on it and everything, right next to the GM remanufactured sticker... if someone sends you a low mileage stock computer, why would you send them a re-man computer from God-only-knows-where back to them and keep their good one...

-I'm not trying to fling **** on anyone's name, but the experience we had with him and his tuning/PCM was crap...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

he was always good and fast when i paid him for the tune...but for the free updates he would take 4EVER, it took him over a month for the tune...
Old 10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grn95t/a
can't say enough about bryan!! man did he hook me up!! i was in a bind with time, waited to the last minute as usual to get ready for a track rental on friday. did a zex wet kit install as well as a hotcam kit install this sunday thru yesterday. called bryan monday and asked if i overnighted the pcm to him could he tune it and overnight it back. without hesitation he said yes and followed through to the tee!!

just installed the pcm and shes running sweet!!

A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO PCMFORLESS AND BRYAN HETER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would put a wide band on the car before you say it runs great. I got a tune from PCMFORLESS at the start of this year for a pritty simple cam only car. Car seemed to run fine, but when I put a wideband on the car I found a different story. At 4000 RPMs the AFR was at 11.5to 1, and it continued to rise all the way through the rpms to 14.0 to 1 at red line.

His tune was not locked, and I was able to go in and make changes untill I got it correct.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I have nothing but good things to say from those guys. The first tune on an older cc503 motor WAS DEAD ON. Very professional service too.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Launching!

the one he sent us took a **** on us... he was an ******* on the phone, even hung up on us. I know how to talk to people, I work with the public, thats not how you handle things... locked or not, the PCM was still not right. It kept asking us for an unlock code for the PCM... which leads me to believe its locked right?? it had the nifty little PCMforless sticker on it and everything, right next to the GM remanufactured sticker... if someone sends you a low mileage stock computer, why would you send them a re-man computer from God-only-knows-where back to them and keep their good one...

-I'm not trying to fling **** on anyone's name, but the experience we had with him and his tuning/PCM was crap...
First, we have never locked at tune and did not lock Chris's. There may be something flukey with the PCM, but we always do our best to test them before they go out.
Second, your boy called today and said all was well at 5PM, plus right after he bought the tune he sent me an email telling me how great it was, I can post it if needed. Thus, maybe the PCM may have some issue (I offered to load the tune into his PCM and ship it down to him), but the tune did not.
Third, We send out cores that were shipped to us from the previous customer, if yours is a SUPER SWEET PRISTINE NEW POLISHED...... wonderful PCM than send it in and we will program it and return it to you. Otherwise, if you need an exchange PCM we send what the previous customer had sent to us as a core return. We sent him a PCM first and then he sent his back as a core and then it went onto the next customer. You make it sound like he sent his, we kept it and then sent him different one. We sent him ours first, then he sent his back so he had no downtime, thus you may need to get your facts straight before you open your yap.
Fourth, It was not me that he talked to on Sunday that hung up on him. He called THREE TIMES BACK TO BACK on a day we were OBVIOUSLY not open. One of the guys here at the shop that helps out answered the phone and while he was helping the best he could he kept getting talked over, thus he hung up and I can't blame him. He only knows so much and provided what he could, but on a Sunday he was the only one around. Just because you are desperate enough for work that you are working on a Sunday does not mean anyone else is.
Finally, why would you recommend me... from what I understand you are trying to get your own tuning business off the ground and I am sure the tune of mine you got to swipe this weekend will be another good one for you to copy.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by foggedz
I would put a wide band on the car before you say it runs great. I got a tune from PCMFORLESS at the start of this year for a pritty simple cam only car. Car seemed to run fine, but when I put a wideband on the car I found a different story. At 4000 RPMs the AFR was at 11.5to 1, and it continued to rise all the way through the rpms to 14.0 to 1 at red line.

His tune was not locked, and I was able to go in and make changes untill I got it correct.

Hi,
Glad to hear you got it dialed in. Often aftermarket MAF's, dirty MAF's, ported maf's or other oddities on a car can throw off a tune and while we are often right on or very close, occasionally we get one that is a little off.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by daniel6718
same boat...he quoted me 175 then charged me 225...

then quoted me 75 and charged me 125
screw him never use him ever again...madz28 never screwed me, down to earth honest guy
I apologized and fixed the billing mistake for you right away.
MadZ28 (I'm not dissing MADZ, we are friends and I think he does good work) never hosed you on price, but he never got your OBD1 shift problem fixed on your OBD1 car, or the tach right on your LS1, we did. Sometimes you have to pay for the work to be right and you kept haggling price everytime I talked to you. From now on our price is our price and we won't deal with hagglers as it just becomes problems. If you want to pay less go to some of the super cheap johnny come lately tuners, but good luck with that. Everyone with a laptop and software (software has gotten so cheap now) is trying to become a tuner. That is easy when you have an easy car, but try helping troubleshoot a difficult one over the phone.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

He sent me a tune that was suppose to be for a stock lt-1 w/p1sc procharger running 8psi. Insted I get a pcm tuned for a na trans-am. So 38 degrees of timing and 8lbs boost=BOOM!! Thats why I have a 383 now. Hey bryan not trying to bash you, have always heard good things. Would you hook me up with a tune for free if you ever get up to FT. Wayne?
Old 10-18-2007, 06:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
He sent me a tune that was suppose to be for a stock lt-1 w/p1sc procharger running 8psi. Insted I get a pcm tuned for a na trans-am. So 38 degrees of timing and 8lbs boost=BOOM!! Thats why I have a 383 now. Hey bryan not trying to bash you, have always heard good things. Would you hook me up with a tune for free if you ever get up to FT. Wayne?
Hi,
I sure would, if they were to put a dyno day together in your area I will hook you up.
If you get a chance email me your first and last name so I can look up your file and order sheet and see where any mistake may have been made.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
First, we have never locked at tune and did not lock Chris's. There may be something flukey with the PCM, but we always do our best to test them before they go out.
Second, your boy called today and said all was well at 5PM, plus right after he bought the tune he sent me an email telling me how great it was, I can post it if needed. Thus, maybe the PCM may have some issue (I offered to load the tune into his PCM and ship it down to him), but the tune did not.
Third, We send out cores that were shipped to us from the previous customer, if yours is a SUPER SWEET PRISTINE NEW POLISHED...... wonderful PCM than send it in and we will program it and return it to you. Otherwise, if you need an exchange PCM we send what the previous customer had sent to us as a core return. We sent him a PCM first and then he sent his back as a core and then it went onto the next customer. You make it sound like he sent his, we kept it and then sent him different one. We sent him ours first, then he sent his back so he had no downtime, thus you may need to get your facts straight before you open your yap.
Fourth, It was not me that he talked to on Sunday that hung up on him. He called THREE TIMES BACK TO BACK on a day we were OBVIOUSLY not open. One of the guys here at the shop that helps out answered the phone and while he was helping the best he could he kept getting talked over, thus he hung up and I can't blame him. He only knows so much and provided what he could, but on a Sunday he was the only one around. Just because you are desperate enough for work that you are working on a Sunday does not mean anyone else is.
Finally, why would you recommend me... from what I understand you are trying to get your own tuning business off the ground and I am sure the tune of mine you got to swipe this weekend will be another good one for you to copy.
I know Chris was less that desireable to talk to but if your boy didnt want to deal with someone on the phone, he shouldnt have answered it while you guys werent open... Your tune was junk. The truck surged, stalled, got TERRIBLE mileage, and the trans settings looked like they were just stuffed in there to snap necks, not shift properly... We had to get a PCM from a different truck that was totally stock and start from scratch, which is no big deal I like to do it that way to begin with. I'm not the one trying to start any sort of business, do you have me confused with someone??

Even once someone else got on the phone, your guy was still shitty with him, while he was trying to be super calm and get everything worked out. There's no excuse for that.

As for us "working" on Sunday, I wasnt working at all... just there trying to help a friend get his **** straight while your PCM had him stranded almost 3hrs away from home... I'd have called on Sunday to try to catch someone at the shop too and get something worked out. The other guy who was doing the tuning does it primarily on Sundays because thats when people (here anyway) seem to have the most free time and can come by and get tuned... he caters to their schedule... you know, that thing called customer service??

The condition of the PCM... well... lets just say, it was complete garbage. the pins werent right, it was dinged up and just looked beat up in general... and yes, actually MY PCM, is kept very nice, clean, dry, and well taken care of. Its nice to see you can admit that there was probably a problem with what you sent him... I understand on the core thing... but this one was no good from the first time we cracked the cover open to look at it.

I'm not budging on my opinion here. If its your business, maybe you need to keep your employees in check a little bit on the phone with your customers. I've already told another close friend of mine with your tune to get rid of it because of problems like these... and not for my benefiet, I just dont want him to have the same problems. Bottom line still remains, we had a bad experience with your company and its service. Defend it like you should, I would do the same... but some things and the important aspects of the situation still remain your fault...

seems like a couple other times in this thread, you are covering your *** as well... good on ya....

Quick Reply: pcmforless!!!!!!!!