LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

New LTs and Y-pipe, Question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New LTs and Y-pipe, Question.

Alrighty, I've finally gotten around to ordering my PaceSetter Longtubes and I've got a couple questions that I couldn't find the answer to on here.

I'm wanting to keep all my emissions stuff, egr, AIR, and such, but I've heard they wont work or fit even if I order the LTs with the full emissions hookups. Is this true?

Also, will the Y-pipe for the LTs hook directly into my existing factory exhaust sytem or will there be some cutting and fitting to do?

I'm planning on putting a cut-out in my y-pipe, which should I go with? I'm thinking about electric but they're so damn expensive, and I'm scared it won't last.

Also I've been shopping for awhile, and about $560 is the cheapest I've found for the Coated Headers with gaskets and bolts, and the y-pipe with the O2 extenders. Does this sound about right?

And what other hardware do I need that might not come with the kit, do I need some flanges or some braces?

Any extra input would be nice, maybe some different brands or some accessories that I may have not mentioned?

-Rick
Old 12-21-2007, 05:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

MY Pacesetters have the emmisions hookups on them. The egr was a pain but worked and so did the air check valves for the AIR pump. The Y-pipe was is a slip fit on the headers and on the end for you're cat back. Mine went in without any major problems. If you have acess to a rack I reccomend using it, I did everything from underneath. The Y-pipe crosses the transmisson further back than the factory one but it dodn't create any problems for me. I've since deleted all emissions but on the install everything worked. You will need the fittings from the manifolds for transfer to the headers so the check valves will work.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's some good pictures of the Pacesetter long tubes:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=831827&page=2
Old 12-23-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone have any input on cutouts? I'd really like some Cable operated cutouts but I can't find those anymore. I want to be able to activate them from inside without getting and crawling under the car...
Old 12-24-2007, 02:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I still need to know if these things will hook into my factory system without a lot of modification, and can I keep my fake cat? Its exactly where the factory one is. Or does the y-pipe connect further back? And any input on cut outs?
Old 12-24-2007, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes you will have to do some fitting...the y pipe connects to the exhaust system and the begining of the driveshaft tunnel..as for your fake cat...i dont know how it would fit...im sure someone else will chime in before too long.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

So the Y-pipe will make me delete my cat since it connects further back on the I-pipe?
Old 12-25-2007, 04:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Electric cutout under the pass rear seat before over the axle, great investment... but yeah, about 200.

Quick Reply: New LTs and Y-pipe, Question.