LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TCC Lockup tuning question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TCC Lockup tuning question.

On the OBD-1 computer it has a 5 tables for the tcc engage and release. Which one between normal and perfomance does the camaro use? I know the T/A had the performance button but I've read the camaro uses the performance table all the time?

If this is true this would explain why my TC is locking under WOT after about 95+ mph. I had went in and changed just the normal mode to 255 and thought that would do it. But after a trip to the track it would still lock about the 1/8th mile mark which is around 95 MPH and that's also what the TCC perfomance engage table was set at.

I'm going to go in and set it to 254 release and 255 engage and see if it helps but I was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if it uses the performance table or not?

Thanks
Travis
Old 06-01-2008, 12:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not sure about locking up, or the PCM version, but my 93's stock tune won't unlock after 86mph. But that's a bit vague as in: Will it lock up @ WOT after 86mph, or just if you're doing over 86 and punch it, that it won't unlock :\

Sorry. I'm sure this is of little help, but figured I'd add that anyways in case it is.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Z28 uses normal tables do your work there. I usually copy to Perf table just to cover bases
Old 06-01-2008, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tuner Cat has a "force lock at WOT" table, (or words to that effect). Ed Wright found it and perfected it and showed it to the Tuner Cat guy a few years ago.
Do you see that table in your version?
TooFast is correct. It's the "normal" table to look at.
But if someone tuned your PCM for WOT lock-up and your software version does not have the force WOT lock table then you won't be able to tune it off/out.
If you have TunerCat it should be in the latest version.
Karl Ellwein
Old 06-01-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Karl Ellwein
Tuner Cat has a "force lock at WOT" table, (or words to that effect). Ed Wright found it and perfected it and showed it to the Tuner Cat guy a few years ago.
But if someone tuned your PCM for WOT lock-up and your software version does not have the force WOT lock table then you won't be able to tune it off/out.
Karl Ellwein
You are correct it was not in our version in 99 when we started but is now. Ed has been a great help over the years I wish he could have made it to the shoot out
Old 06-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Karl Ellwein
Karl Ellwein
Yes I just looked and I have the TCC WOT Forced Lock Speed Threshold Vs. Gear. Looks like mine is set to lock @ 90mph in 3/4 and unlock at 85.

Its not tuned in the normal table to lock so could this be causing it then?

Thanks everyone for the help so far!
Old 06-01-2008, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

Travis, in response to your OP, I installed the performance button mod in my '94 z28 and routinely switch between normal and performance. I can say without installation the switch mod the '94 uses the normal tables.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TravisA
Yes I just looked and I have the TCC WOT Forced Lock Speed Threshold Vs. Gear. Looks like mine is set to lock @ 90mph in 3/4 and unlock at 85.

Its not tuned in the normal table to lock so could this be causing it then?

Thanks everyone for the help so far!
Yes Travis, that is exactly the spot to take away the WOT TC lock. Set that to lock at maybe 120mph.
Karl
Old 06-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Thanks Karl! I appreciate the help!

Quick Reply: TCC Lockup tuning question.