Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What clutch to replace faulty ls7?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What clutch to replace faulty ls7?

After 5,000k miles of regular dd, and maybe 4 races (highway) my ls7 pressure plate has seemed to have bit the dust... great huh?

well anyways, what clutch should i get that is good for a daily driven ls1 ws6 with full boltons? needs to last long but hold the power and not slip (i know its very low hp but still) max hp prob 360 and thats wishful thinking lol.

needs to matchup to my ls2 steel flywheel...

let me know,
and all help/ideas appreciated in advance

Michael
Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 PM
11 Second Club

I know that the ls and lt are diff but I am runnig the ram HD set up and love it, great pedal feel and very streetable
Old 10-28-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by michaelxx16
After 5,000k miles of regular dd, and maybe 4 races (highway) my ls7 pressure plate has seemed to have bit the dust... great huh?

well anyways, what clutch should i get that is good for a daily driven ls1 ws6 with full boltons? needs to last long but hold the power and not slip (i know its very low hp but still) max hp prob 360 and thats wishful thinking lol.

needs to matchup to my ls2 steel flywheel...

let me know,
and all help/ideas appreciated in advance

Michael
check out www.monsterclutches.com they have a full line of lsx clutches that are very reasonably priced and have great reviews. You can talk to Eric at SNL Performance and they can help with finding the right clutch.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by knuckles05
check out www.monsterclutches.com they have a full line of lsx clutches that are very reasonably priced and have great reviews. You can talk to Eric at SNL Performance and they can help with finding the right clutch.

I just purchased their level 3 kit. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by TS99V6
I just purchased their level 3 kit. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Yeah they have a really good clutch/design, also they just came out with a twin and triple disc clutch.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Launching!

just messaged monster clutches, they do have some nice clutches, but after dropping 450 on the ls7 kit, and only needing a pressure plate & clutch disk (im guessing?) is there any companys that sell a pp/clutch combo that'll bolt up to my ls2 steel flywheel?
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just messaged monster clutches, they do have some nice clutches, but after dropping 450 on the ls7 kit, and only needing a pressure plate & clutch disk (im guessing?) is there any companys that sell a pp/clutch combo that'll bolt up to my ls2 steel flywheel?
I just had someone tell me about this thread.

In case you guys are wondering I own/operate both SNL Performance and Monster Clutch Co. We will be doing a large group buy for this community and really trying to get our name out in this forum very shortly. Right now we are in the process of taking care of customer projects at the shop and we've got a ton of other things going on that has limited our time spent here. We will remedy that very shortly.

As for your clutch, I just replied to your message from our website Michael. I'll be more than happy to try and help you in every way we possibly can. We've spent a ton of money developing this clutch line and look forward to a very happy, prosperous relationship with this community!

For now, if any of you have any questions about any of our products please visit our website at www.monsterclutches.com. Don't hessitate to ask any questions, regardless of the nature.

Thanks again,

Steve Addison
SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.
817-750-2000
Old 10-28-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Addict

Barring that it's just bad luck the PP failed on you, you may want to make sure that is really what failed and that it wasn't something in the hydraulics that triggered the failure. Given history of our cars and the power they make, hydraulics make up the majority of the failures along with improper setups.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SladeX
Barring that it's just bad luck the PP failed on you, you may want to make sure that is really what failed and that it wasn't something in the hydraulics that triggered the failure. Given history of our cars and the power they make, hydraulics make up the majority of the failures along with improper setups.
Very good point!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Launching!

When I installed the LS7 clutch kit, I also installed a brand new master & slave cyl. i've also installed a brand new slave/master since its been down trying to figure out what was causing the problem. Everything was bled properly and the clutch line was wrapped and tucked away from the headers as well as the fluid always stayed clean. which is why i was so confused as to what was wrong when it did break.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
FormerVendor

When I installed the LS7 clutch kit, I also installed a brand new master & slave cyl. i've also installed a brand new slave/master since its been down trying to figure out what was causing the problem. Everything was bled properly and the clutch line was wrapped and tucked away from the headers as well as the fluid always stayed clean. which is why i was so confused as to what was wrong when it did break.
It's not suprising that a LS7 clutch failed... it happens on a regular basis.

We're just making sure that you don't miss something that caused it to fail... that's all.

You wouldn't by chance have a pic of the carnage would you?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Launching!

sorry if my last post seemed sarcastic or somethin haha

but no, nothing was down in the bellhousing when i took the transmission out to put the new slave on, but maybe it'll all fall out when i unbolt it from the flywheel lol, i'll post up some pics friday when i dont have class and can drop it
Old 10-29-2008, 08:59 PM
FormerVendor

sorry if my last post seemed sarcastic or somethin haha

but no, nothing was down in the bellhousing when i took the transmission out to put the new slave on, but maybe it'll all fall out when i unbolt it from the flywheel lol, i'll post up some pics friday when i dont have class and can drop it
Sorry man, I didn't mean to imply that... I was just re-stating.

Shoot us some pics... I'm a sucker for carnage shots.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Launching!

heres the pics, only thing that seems odd to me is that the fingers are realllly close to the clutch disc, is the slave supposed to disengage the clutch with only the 3 fingers??

the clutch fingers released as i untightened it from the flywheel
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 AM
FormerVendor

LOL, uh no.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Something odd went wrong... I've got about 8-10,000 miles on mine right now... no problems at all.