Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

noob clutch

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noob clutch

ok before the bashing begins it's not (as I have been reading) your usual noob ?'s

'01 ws6 stock(only 45,000 miles, lowered ,Y-back flowmaster) no problems until now ... I had no clue they have had clutch slave issues... until mine just started & started researching.
symptoms:
my peddle has never stuck to the floor but, it is bypassing & will go to the floor ...no leaks ...bleeding hasn't helped. (which is so much easier to do , than every body has made it out to be)
If you keep pumping the peddle ( just until you feel it hit the p-plate) it rises enough to quickly get it in gear, like normal, but holding light pressure on it, it will go to the floor slowly, & you have to start the process all over again.

It is obviously bypassing & since there is no leaks, the only thing that can internally bypass is the master correct?
the slave is just a piston that goes in & out. If it were to bypass wouldn't it only bypass externally (& even if it were leaking & hasn't dripped yet I haven't used any fluid)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try changing the fluid and see it that helps.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:18 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by FLA.SHEE
It is obviously bypassing & since there is no leaks, the only thing that can internally bypass is the master correct?
Exactly what I was going to say. Start by replacing the master then bleed the system out again. You can get the master from your local parts store for about 70bux
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TDP
Exactly what I was going to say. Start by replacing the master then bleed the system out again. You can get the master from your local parts store for about 70bux
Already have it ,, just looking for input since it seems to be A very researched topic.

just checking if my thinking was correct, the slave can't bypass internally?
Old 01-12-2011, 02:34 PM
On The Tree

I'm curious about this as well. Mine clutch pedal will slowly go to the floor as well with just my foot resting on it lightly and will stick to the floor if I hold it down for a while then lift my foot off. no visable leaks under the car or any where. I was planning on just doin a ls-7 clutch and replacing all hydrolics. Being ya have to drop tranny to get the slave out. So maybe just a new master is needed? If so whats the best method to bleed the system? I have a mightyvac but have not used it for the clutch yet.

Also I did try sucking the old fluid out and replacing with new. It did help a lot but still does it.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Teching In

should be doing mine tomorrow i'll post up
i was kinda hoping mine was the slave so I'd be forced to do my clutch but I'll bet this will fix it (but mine hasn't stuck to the floor & it's so bad i can't drive it at all now ) so we'll see
Old 01-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Teching In

piston seal was ripped in master
for anyone using this to diagnose MY PEDDLE HAS NEVER STUCK TO THE FLOOR !
happy on the money I had to spend' but was kinda hoping I'd be forced to replace clutch oh well another day
Old 01-14-2011, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

What was your method used to bleed the clutch? Do you have a speed bleeder?
Old 01-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99 z
What was your method used to bleed the clutch? Do you have a speed bleeder?
haven't finnished yet but, I'm going to feed it from the bleeder screw tip backwards up into the cap w/ a syringe forcing all air up ( the way it want's to go naturally)
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Did you get it bled using the method you discribed? I've never heard of it done that way. I'm pretty sure mine is the master as well. I have no leaks anywhere but the peddle is really soft. It'd be nice to save the money but I wouldnt mind getting a new setup.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99 z
Did you get it bled using the method you discribed? I've never heard of it done that way. I'm pretty sure mine is the master as well. I have no leaks anywhere but the peddle is really soft. It'd be nice to save the money but I wouldnt mind getting a new setup.
no,I didn't have to... it works well on regular bleeders, but it feels like there isn't a round nub like in caliper bleeders, that helps hold the hose on... I just propped open the quick disconnect, put into the reservoir full of fluid & bench bleed it , installed it & bleed it once at the bleeder & all is good now... my peddle wasn't soft ,the top 1/2 wasn't there & at 1/2 it slowly went to the floor ( when I pulled it apart the cup seal was split) from bypassing internally

Quick Reply: noob clutch