Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Diamond Clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diamond Clutch??

I own a 2000 Camaro SS with about 120k. GM stock clutch was put in December 2014, however ever since I keep losing pressure at pedal and sometimes I have to pump clutch to build pressure. I honestly think shop never really bled slave cylinder correctly and that's why this issue keeps happening or they ended installing a cheap slave.
I have made up my mind and will be installing new clutch. I have done hw and a lot of members here say Diamond clutch is a better option than a LS7 for a Camaro that's technically stock.

If in fact a Diamond clutch is better what should I order stage 1, or stage 2?
also, would be smart to install to rebuild t56 since It'll be removed?

I don't really have a problem nor gears pop out, though third gear feels like it's going out since the feel is not like all other gears. Maybe syncros are worn down how much more should it cost to install new syncros
Old 12-08-2016, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

If you haven't replaced the factory master cylinder I would do that before pulling the trans. That sounds like the culprit since it is nearly 17 years old.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

That was replaced as well December 2014
Old 12-09-2016, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If slave and master were changed, you should replace both again. Having to pump the pedal is not going to be a pressure plate issue.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would suspect the hydraulics as well before throwing money at a new clutch. Try re-bleeding the system yourself if youre able. If it gets a little better but doesnt fix it, it might be time to replace the slave and master again. More than likely the shop you took it to used something other than factory gm parts along with an improper bleeding and it just wont work like it should.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:35 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by zachm89
I would suspect the hydraulics as well before throwing money at a new clutch. Try re-bleeding the system yourself if youre able. If it gets a little better but doesnt fix it, it might be time to replace the slave and master again. More than likely the shop you took it to used something other than factory gm parts along with an improper bleeding and it just wont work like it should.
This would be our guess exactly. It sounds like a seal has failed in either the master or slave. We would recommend bleeding the fluid thoroughly first, then move on to replacing both of those parts if the issue still persists.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a tick master in…You will love the car even more.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boycali
I own a 2000 Camaro SS with about 120k. GM stock clutch was put in December 2014, however ever since I keep losing pressure at pedal and sometimes I have to pump clutch to build pressure. I honestly think shop never really bled slave cylinder correctly and that's why this issue keeps happening or they ended installing a cheap slave.
I have made up my mind and will be installing new clutch. I have done hw and a lot of members here say Diamond clutch is a better option than a LS7 for a Camaro that's technically stock.

If in fact a Diamond clutch is better what should I order stage 1, or stage 2?
also, would be smart to install to rebuild t56 since It'll be removed?

I don't really have a problem nor gears pop out, though third gear feels like it's going out since the feel is not like all other gears. Maybe syncros are worn down how much more should it cost to install new syncros
If you decide to do the clutch I would do Jason's Stage 2. It's still daily drivable and won't wear your leg out. This clutch will leave some room for improvement in the future if you decide to add some power.
Old 12-25-2016, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My stage 2 diamond has been a great clutch.

My stage 2 trans from tdp has been flawless

There are no bad choices

Quick Reply: Diamond Clutch??