Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock hyd lines suck so....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock hyd lines suck so....

Im changing them around a bit. Mcloed had some after market lines that are free of restrictions...but still use the quick disconnect fittings. They are $160 for a set. Too much for me. So I called them asn asked if they would just sell the fittings they use. The are a fitting with the GM OEn fitting on one side and a regular aircraft 37 degree flare AN-4 fitting on the other. I bought those. I am going to use those fittings and then bend and flare my own stainless -4 line from the master to the slave. They will be wrapped in very good heat wrap as well. Probably use Mil-H-83282 hydraulic fluid as well. Its boiling point is very high and vsicosity low. Also will inlucde a T fitting outside the tranny with a bleeder port so I can power bleed the whole system easily. This should aloow very fast clutch actuation due to no line expansion and very free flow. Aslo...and maybe more importantly..much better fluid "flow back" for clutch engagement. I should be done with it tommorrow. Here are a few pics of the fittings and progress for now. I will report the differences to see if it will be worth while for others.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Launching!

looks promising, im going to have to do something similar for my lt1 6 speed swap, and if ya dont mind me asking how much did the fittings cost
Old 07-29-2005, 08:28 AM
10 Second Club

Yes..keep us updated...very interesting.....
Old 07-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Launching!

you wouldnt happen to know if the fittings would work on an lt1 style slave would you?

if so that would be a great help to me
Old 01-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Hi please can you help?
Have you got the Part Number for this adaptor fitting?

I live in the UK and am currently building an AC Cobra replica with LS6 + T56
I'm currently stuck! I've been trying to source the hydraulic line with no look without buying it complete with master cylinder which I don't really want to do as my Cobra kit pedal box comes complete with a master cylinder - I was going to modify and loose the quick-disconnect end by welding on a fitting but would prefer to use the Mcloed adaptor.

I've sent various emails to Mcloed with no reply - When call Mcloed they say I need to speak to their tech support to get the part number - but when I call the tech support line it's constantly engaged.

Does anyone have the Mcloed Part Number for this fitting or an alternative supplier.

Someone should start selling this on Ebay

Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you going to be offering these for sale? Color me interested...esp. if it makes bleeding easier.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

hmmm thats pretty cool, I thought you were going auto though?
Old 01-06-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Addict

Do you guys think that a fluid flow back problem as stated by 383 could be whats causing my 3rd gear to grind? I have noticed that everytime it grinds when i go and push in the clutch pedal and go to throw 3rd, the pedal feels soft or like theres no force to it. As if i have no fluid in the line or if theres a giant air pocket making it as if i am shifting without the clutch.
-Joel
Old 01-07-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like a great idea. I would pay attention to the solid tubeing connection though.
You are going to get flexing between the master and trans due to motor TQing.

Keep us posted