Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

save me part2

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default save me part2

here's part 1..last weekend

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/709198-need-help-bleeding-hydraulics-please.html

I can't figure out what's goin on with my clutch. I replaced the stock ls1 clutch with a ls7 clutch and new slave. Well driving it the pedal sucks (yes we bled it loke a ****). When I go in Reverse or 1st and try and creep forward (not under normal acceleration) or back up the clutch or w/e will lock the stick in place where I can't pull it out of gear. I have to turn the whole car off and pop it in neutral. Also the pedal is catching low as hell and it's very shitty trying to get out of 1st and almost stalls out everytime then jumps.

Can any1 help tell me what's going on?

The car was locking up like this in 1st before I put the new clutch in...could this be the master?

Last edited by blacksskid07; 05-09-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

please anybody
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump bump
Old 05-09-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be the master. Check for fluid leaks around where the braided line goes into the bottom, and at the top where the plunger goes in. Remove the line from the slave and see if you can depress the master with normal pressure. If you can push the clutch then the master has air in it, leaking, or has bad seals.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 AM
wrencher

Originally Posted by Mike44138
could be the master. Check for fluid leaks around where the braided line goes into the bottom, and at the top where the plunger goes in. Remove the line from the slave and see if you can depress the master with normal pressure. If you can push the clutch then the master has air in it, leaking, or has bad seals.
Ditto, I would check the master. Check it under the dash where the rodconnects to the pedal. If it is seaping there at the firewall replace it.
Might want to do the drill mod if you take the master & line out as well.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump why is it locking in reverse or first when trying to back up or go forward under slow acceleration like in a parking lot or garage?
Old 05-12-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you're trying to get into reverse or 1st gear the car's at a dead stop. The synchros can't help you out at all like they would shifting any other gear with a screwed up clutch at speed. If your clutch is fried you can still drive the car if you time your shifts, but you wont be able to get into 1st or reverse at a stop. Keep driving it like this and you're gonna fry out your 1st and reverse synchros, then you'll get nothing but gear clash any time you try to select them unless you time the shift. All that gear clash will eventually mean new keys, speed gears, and a host of other parts that tried to digest all the metal in your trans.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I drove the SS for a few today to see how it felt and it still sucks. going into 1st from a stop like at a light I have to rav it up and slip it so i can have pressure in the hyraulic lines. When backing out of the drive way the i had it in R and just pused the clutch in a left it roll but the clutch went to the floor and te tranny locked into Reverse(no disengagement) and no pressure AT ALL from hydraulics. It's just not holding pressure at all and I dont know whats going on. Also shifting will get soppy and nothin will engage when i shift cause it to grind a little bit every now and then. Hoping maybe you can help me. I def think this is hydraulics with the way the pedal's going to the floor and staying there.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I disconnected the master from the NEW slave tonight and I can't press the pedal in at all. So it's obvious there's no air. When I TRIED to press in the pedal it was hard and i got a sqush sound at the very top only pressed n maybe an inch if that.

I have not idea whats going on now can anybody help?