Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad transmisssion?Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad transmisssion?Help

I dont know much but maybe you guys can tell me whats wrong.....

So im on the freeway at about 60mph and i let off the accerlerator then i slightly punch the accerlerator. After 2 second into punching it the gear just pops out of fifth into Neutral and when i tried to put back into gear it just made this horrible grinding type of noise. In every gear that i tried which was 3-6th.

I pull over and nothing's leaking, clutch still goes all the way in just fine. All the gears still go in the same way. The problem is that when i try to accerlerate to take off it horribly grinds again. If i slowly let off the cluth the car will move, but when i accerlerate it grinds. Any ideas on what this might be?
PLEASE INPUT.....

Last edited by MissiontireT/A; 11-24-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Need more info on it ...... what does it do in 1-2 gear ? Neutral ?
Old 11-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by thesource
Need more info on it ...... what does it do in 1-2 gear ? Neutral ?
The gears go in but when i try to accelerate while letting off the clutch it grinds violently. Like something is stuck. It will slowly move forward letting out the clutch slowly but once i try to take of it just doesnt move and makes that grinding noise. In every gear. It wont move .
Old 11-24-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

never heard of this before I hear a lot about these trannys having 5th and 6th go out when they start popping out of gear. How many miles are on the tranny
Old 11-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by just1news6
never heard of this before I hear a lot about these trannys having 5th and 6th go out when they start popping out of gear. How many miles are on the tranny
Only 39k. But i am clutch rester. I do rest my foot on the pedal like another thread had posted. I kdont know if that has anything to do with it.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Well i just ordered a Spec 3 clutch and im reading the Spec clutch bashing. My car is pretty mutch just street driven, should i go with a different clutch?. What do you guys think? Please comment cuz i dont know much
Old 12-01-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This doesn't sound like a clutch issue. If the gear is full engaging and only begins to grind when you left off the clutch pedal there's something internal wrong with the trans. Are you sure the gears are completely engaged when you let off the clutch?

If it were just 1 gear I'd say you have shift key or synchro issues, but considering you're getting it in all gears I'd think it's a shifter/linkage problem. Do you have a stock shifter?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Teching In

Everything was stock on it. It ended up being the clutch and replaced it with a SPEC 3. Grabs great now. But everyone said it was the trans. Guess not. Thanks for the help guys.