Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Search feature sucks!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search feature sucks!!!

I dont know if its just me but the search button has really been sucking lately. like a few weeks ago it was fine and all now what ever you search is searched in every sub section of the forums. PSJ I know this has been a problem for awhile but what happened recently though?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Regular

I believe they are experimenting to try and maximize the search feature, and we need to be patient.

I for one, do not pay to use this site so I take whatever is given to me, and respect that the owners/designers are doing there best.

There are plenty of other resources online if you are unhappy.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackmaro99
I believe they are experimenting to try and maximize the search feature, and we need to be patient.
It may be that it is dented, rather than broken.

I for one, do not pay to use this site so I take whatever is given to me, and respect that the owners/designers are doing there best.
Yep

There are plenty of other resources online if you are unhappy.
Yep again.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Oh i for one am by no means going to complain to fix the problem i know they're trying to fix it. I was more or less just venting and asking if its was in the porocess of being fix. I love this site and it has helped me countless times and 97% of everyone on here can normally help out if something comes up or you need help. sorry if it sounded as if im downsizing the site
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 AM
TECH Junkie

No problem. I have vented a time or too as well, since it greatly inhibits my ability to either find my own answers or to answer other questions.
I am not sure if it is an upgrade issue or just the fact that this site is hit so many times every day because it is by far the best site for getting quality results.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:24 AM
11 Second Club

I think alot of what makes it frustrating is when you start a thread and someone says well just search it and it makes you look like an idiot, but if it's not working how the heck are you supposed to?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
I think alot of what makes it frustrating is when you start a thread and someone says well just search it and it makes you look like an idiot, but if it's not working how the heck are you supposed to?
LOL. More than once I have made a search, found nothing, started a thread, then seen the same question. But I then go back and delete my thread and incorporate it into the one I just saw. Many, I suspect, do not.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:08 AM
9 Second Club

The site has been sucking *** period. The search feature does not work at all. I thought it was something I was doing so I searched for all posts by me, came up zero. On a T3 line it sometimes takes forever to load, gets timed out or just won't open. I know there are alot of people on here but this is all times of day. Myspace is even quicker and thats bad.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:26 AM
On The Tree

I guess I've gotten lucky the last few times... I've tried the Search feature like 5 times and 5 times I get results and find what I was looking for. GUess I'm just lucky?
Old 07-06-2007, 12:58 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they should charge a small membership fee, that would help with the $$$ to upgrade/fix things, and keep alot of scammers out. Nothing crazy, maybe $20 a year? I pay that much for a magazine subscription, and get it once a month and read it in an hour or less. I'd gladly pay much more for the use of this site.

The only downside I can see is naturally you will lose some members, and that makes the site less attractive to sponsors. I'd be willing to bet that the people who aren't willing to pay a small membership fee aren't buying much from sponsors anyway.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle
everyone that tells you to search is a moron. most of the time the **** doesn't even work. all in all i dont hate the search problems i just hate the people that tell you to use it.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Banned

Old 07-06-2007, 03:46 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get yelled at by everyone every time I give any kind of feedback so I will stay quiet. But I agree....
Old 07-06-2007, 05:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Matt D
I get yelled at by everyone every time I give any kind of feedback so I will stay quiet. But I agree....
GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR GGGGRRRRRR
Just kidding. I understand.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Resident

i know there are plenty more that feel the same way. And even if membership was like %4 a year it would still be alot of money to keep up the maintaninace of the site considering the amount of members
Old 07-07-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

Sponsors pay a lot of money to be on this site, so in theory... everything should work fine.

Quick Reply: Search feature sucks!!!