Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

reserves to active?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reserves to active?

Anyone know how hard it is to go from active reserve to active duty, Im a seabee, And i,v been in for about 2 1/2 years any help would be good.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

You have to get released from your current component (Active Reserve) to Active duty. Getting the release all depends on your local command as well as high command. If you are in a shortage job or in a high tempo unit they can easily say no. Usually I have not seen any problems going reserve to active.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Me neither, only time I have is when they were in a place that they couldn't afford to lose the person at that time but they worked with them to get the process rolling still.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:57 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info we deff do not have a shortage.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im not sure about navy but marines have ADOS which is like a voluntary active duty, u stay where u r at but work full time, basically. of course it'd have to be approved by your chain.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:23 AM
Staging Lane

Good luck you are one of about good number of reserve 'bees trying to go active. My gf is a reserve bee and I am active and she is trying to go active but its almost impossible. They aren't letting many of the reserve seabees go active because of how much they are deploying you guys and they need the numbers in the reserves so they can utilize you fully. Good luck in going active and if you do then hit me up. I just transfered from nmcb one to wichita falls, tx teaching UT a school. I am a UT2 and my gf is a CE2 so if your a bravo type I can probably help you out a bit if you need it. Best of luck to you man.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Teching In

thanks man, I think im going on an customs mission now i put in some paper work for that.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Teching In

CUSTOMS!!!!!! Good duty. Boring sometimes. I was in the first Navy Customs group, FWD Oscar.
I was going to say the easiest wy to go active is have your command change your MAS code to volunteer status. You could even have them look for an open billet somewhere. There used to be a web site where you could look for opportunities for IAs. I think its on the NMCI site now.
If you go for customs and need anything (wipes, mags, movies) let me know.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Yea i,v been told it's ok. Im under volunteer status and today i just found out that i don't think my chief wants me to go and is going to make me wait till 2012 to go on our det deployment

Quick Reply: reserves to active?