Negative Trader Feedback Disputes| Fraud Reports | Scam Warnings

WS6 Reaper has still not refunded my money! Banned Member Account

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 Reaper has still not refunded my money! Banned Member Account

First off I want to start with my thread with something I had posted on the 24th of April 2007:
First off I am not trying to slander anyone as I believe that Jon H. is a good guy and he will correct the situation between him and I but I want people to be aware of my situation before the buy anything from him at this moment. I sent Jon a cashier's check (which cleared over two weeks ago) for $7,300 for his 370 LME motor. We played tag for a while and I was waiting for the motor to be shipped. While we were waiting for it to be shipped someone stole the motor and now Jon has no motor for me and meanwhile my $7,300 is cashed and in his pocket. He said that he has insurance on this item but even if he didn't it has nothing to do with me. I never received any goods and yet he has my money. Communication with Jon has been rough at best and while I am most sure he will correct this situation I would advise all potential buyers to wait untill this clears before proceeding forward. I did not want to do this but as a internet buyer I feel that it is my duty to warn others of my situation and let them decide for themselves. This is a big deal and it is not over some 100 dollar part. I look at it only as that if this was going on with someone else I would want to know about it. Jon, I held off doing this for quite sometime and have no problem recanting everything and signing off for you once this ordeal is taken care of but I think that untill this is taken care off all should wait. Again I think Jon is a great guy and trustworthy as I did all my "due diligence" while purchasing the motor (ie. checking feedback, etc...) but now I am caught in a "hick-up" that needs immediate attention. Hopefully we get this fixed ASAP and I will keep all of you updated on the situation.
Thank you for your understanding and look forward to a quick and accurate resolution,
Shawn F.

Well Guys I have been more than patient with Jon and still have not recieved a refund and have had it with the wait. The guy doesn't even have enough respect to answer or return my calls. The worst part is that I have been holding off pressing charges because I don't want to destroy this guy's life. I do believe that bad things happen to good people. I am really upset about this and can't imagine how he can't see what can happen to him if the money isn't refunded. I am not trying to seem haughty or rude when I say that I can afford to chase this thing as far as I need to go (if I can wait three months to get back 7300 dollars it isn't like I live paycheck to paycheck). I can't imagine what it would be like if I had to scrape up this kind of money only to have it lost and not refunded. I wanted a refund from the start and yet he still has not refunded my money and we are in JULY! Well guys my best friend is a criminal deffense attorney (believe me when I say they know both sides of the law) and he has everything ready to go on this guy (he is just a phone call away from calling the D.A. in AR and because of the interstate grand theft charges the FBI). This is a severe crime that carries both civil and criminal punishment (monetary/jail time) and I really hate to destroy someone's life like this but he is tying my hands. I guess I am writing this to let everyone know what is going on and for your advice on how to handle the situation. I believe Jon is a good guy but I cannot and should not be left hanging anymore. I have a really long fuse but it has just about been burned up and when it goes all hell breaks loose! I want this situation resolved and ask for your input before I run with this. Thank you,
ShawnF

P.S. Jon, If you read this please take care of this matter ASAP as it is in your best interest to get this off of your back and move forward.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

Dude press the charges even an insurance company would have paid by now to refund you. No sense is giving him time to get away or try to get a story up to make him get out of this. Your talking a bug hunk of change there.

Also how is the hell does somebody steal a engine and you not hear it or see it happen?
Old 07-11-2007, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldnt send no one a 7300 check unless I knew the shop/owner very very very well
If it was me I would burn his @ss for every dime he was worth
Old 07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Teching In

The thing that sucks is I had really done my homework on this guy and he had killer feedback at the time on some real big ticket items. I checked other forums and the same there he was good but I guess you never know. This sucks cuz I have done tons of internet transactions and never had a problem but this has burned me.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
11 Second Club

post the thread of sale
Old 07-11-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you certainly have tons of time left with the statute of limitations, and you're pretty much guaranteed a win. If its been since April I'd say its time to serve him, that is ridiculous and he will almost definitely have to pay back more than he would if he would just refund you, assuming your claming your legal fees, attorney fees, etc. in the suit. Honestly though, you aren't suing for enough to destroy the guys life and I bet if the case settles or rules for monetary damages the DA won't prosecute criminally, he will just most likely be alot more broke! Again, I'd be surprised to see the DA prosecute him after he pays you your money plus other damages, so sue away.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just went through something very similar myself except i purchased $10000.00 in tuning software the guy ran off with, it took about a month to get software back all i had to do was have my mother/attorney send a few certified letters and call the DA who then contacted the guy and from the what DA said he very affraid of going to jail and then sent my stuff immediately after just make sure you do everything according to your local laws and you will be succesfull, good luck man hopefully he still has the cash
Old 07-12-2007, 12:02 AM
Banned

Default My response

Shawn, Ill get you headed in the right direction, I have done nothing wrong. You bought a motor you knew was not with me, before it was shipped, it was stolen, there is a police report and still an investigation going on. Im taking legal action against Turbo Zone and John Caffola for that matter, nothing will happen until I get that resloved. I still have my car and $6500 of my money there, Im not trying to rip you off, and I have already told you, once I sale my car, I would take out a loan and pay you back. Im not going to run with your money, but it will take some time, sorry, but this is all I can do at the time. Im talking with the Attorney General of NY right now as well as my attorney, and there are 2 more members on this board scammed by Turbo Zone so Im not the only one. As far as the phone thing goes, I dont have a working voicemail right now, havent for a bout 2 months, and if your number isnt in my phone it reads private call, which I dont answer cause of telemarketers, I can text, and receive texts right now, and if you want to pm me your number, Ill be more than happy to call you. Ill continue to do everything in my power to resolve this matter asap, but thats what Ive been doing.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Teching In

To "Trust": the issue of criminal prosecution is if the money wasn't repayed. Once it is repayed of course the suit would most likely be dropped.

To Jon: The problem with the whole deal is that you took funds from me for a undelivered (unshipped) part and those funds are gone and so you are unable to pay me untill you recieve more funds. It bothers me for you to say that you have done nothing wrong. I shouldn't and am not responsible for the motor being stolen because that is between you and Turbo Zone. I am not trying to be rude but you took and spent my money and I never recieved the item but that is where the responsibility is yours to return the funds you recieved without delivery or even shipping of the item. Jon, I don't doubt that somehow I will get my money back but I have been patient for a very long time and I can't see how if the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't say the same thing. I am not trying to be a jerk I just want you to resolve this issue ASAP and get this over and done with. I think all can relate to this even you.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ws6reaper
Shawn, Ill get you headed in the right direction, I have done nothing wrong. You bought a motor you knew was not with me, before it was shipped, it was stolen, there is a police report and still an investigation going on. Im taking legal action against Turbo Zone and John Caffola for that matter, nothing will happen until I get that resloved. I still have my car and $6500 of my money there, Im not trying to rip you off, and I have already told you, once I sale my car, I would take out a loan and pay you back. Im not going to run with your money, but it will take some time, sorry, but this is all I can do at the time. Im talking with the Attorney General of NY right now as well as my attorney, and there are 2 more members on this board scammed by Turbo Zone so Im not the only one. As far as the phone thing goes, I dont have a working voicemail right now, havent for a bout 2 months, and if your number isnt in my phone it reads private call, which I dont answer cause of telemarketers, I can text, and receive texts right now, and if you want to pm me your number, Ill be more than happy to call you. Ill continue to do everything in my power to resolve this matter asap, but thats what Ive been doing.
Why does he have to wait? He paid you allready so where did his money go? Before anything you should have made sure the engine was sound and secured before accepting his money. You sure did cash that check right away so why does he have to wait.

I say prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Banned

Default response

Ill only comment to Shawn since he is the only one this is dealing with; the motor was safe and secure when I sold you the motor and you paid, the motor was then stolen from TURBO-ZONE before it was shipped, a police report was filed, if you think things arent moving fast enough, Im sorry, the authorities takes time to correct situations like this.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

Ill only comment to Shawn since he is the only one this is dealing with; the motor was safe and secure when I sold you the motor and you paid, the motor was then stolen from TURBO-ZONE before it was shipped, a police report was filed, if you think things arent moving fast enough, Im sorry, the authorities takes time to correct situations like this.

You sir are an idiot. Where is the money?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Launching!

ouch, getting rough in here.
I just bought my 98 Z28 for $7k w/ 95k miles.
That must have been one heck of an engine for $7300.

Personally, I wouldn't waste one more minute in letting the proper authorities know what has gone on here. Sounds really fishy to me. (just my opinion)
Old 07-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

and if your number isnt in my phone it reads private call, which I dont answer cause of telemarketers
Since when do telemarketers call cell phones?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

So in other words you hoping this blows over and forgotten then. If your going to wait for the shops insurance company to pay the shop.....then the shop to pay you..... then you pay him that could take months to years. Do you honestly expect him to wait that long????

I still hope he sues you.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Regardless of the fact that the engine was stolen (which is not your fault), you still owe ShawnF his money now, not later!!

What you are doing would be like me buying a big screen TV from Best Buy, coming back to pick it up and finding out it was stolen. Then the manager telling me that he can't refund my money until the police report is filed and the insurance pays for the theft.

What you are doing is WRONG!! He paid for an item, that item was stolen BEFORE it was shipped to him, you should deposit his check, and send him a cashiers check back for the full amount.... END OF STORY!!!

I hope he sues you for the $7,300, along with an amount equal to the time he has spending having to put up with this bullshit from you. It is people like you that ruin buying and selling for everyone on the net!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

this is why i only deal with ppl in driving distance. if i cant drive to get it, then i dont need it.. i went to pensacola (3 hour drive) and picked up a 408 for $8600. got the cash, drove there, and brung it back. but i am sorry to here this and hope everything works out well and be a lesson to all..
Old 07-16-2007, 12:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm still waiting for my refund from WS6 Reaper as well. I sent him money for the Breathless headlights he had for sale back on May 2, 2007 and he has not refunded my money and it's July 16th, 2007. I have his address and are about to take him to small claims court, so if it doesn't work out for you let me know and we'll get a case against him.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

dam i hate to hear this guys, i was one step away from buying those headlights, boy i am glad i changed my mind, i surely hope u guys get this resolved, best of luck
ken
Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by josepy121380
You sir are an idiot. Where is the money?
He's not an idiot, he's a crook.

Quick Reply: WS6 Reaper has still not refunded my money! Banned Member Account