Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mustang GT

I just wanted to say that my friend (name witheld) is getting an 04 GT convertable. . The sad thing is though that he has a a v6 mustang for like 2 years now and has wrecked it 4 times! He also dosent know jack **** about cars, or horse power. He actully thought that a 260 horsepower mustang could hang with a 330 hp Camaro SS! The bad thing is I think he is going to kill himself if he gets anything faster. His parents are also idiots because apparently they dont care about him. Im thinking if I should talk to his parents about his crappy driving but I think that the only reason that he is gettin a GT is because I got an SS. So do you think I should say something to them to save his life? Well even if he does get a GT then I will still have the satisfaction of kicking his *** any race any time!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a friend that can't drive also. He is wanting something fast and is always asking to drive my car. He said if he bought my car he wouldn't wreck it I disagree. If he gets the car just do your part in teaching him what you can about driving a fast car and to respect the power.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's my take. Previously, I used to drive a V6 Mustang. It was wrecked (a taxi cab ran into me and pushed it into a brick wall). and I bought a GT. Now that I've had my GT for a year, I'm really disappointed. Sure, it's a great looking vehicle, I drive it only on weekends; therefore, it still has the showroom look. A GT is faster than most cars on the street and sure Mustang is known for its heritage. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would have bought a T/A. There's a big difference in the H.P. between a V6 (190 HP) and a GT (260) but after awhile, the GT feels slow, really, really slow. In order to get some serious power, you would have to either put it on the juice or add a Supercharger. Now, I'm planning on trading in my GT for a 2001 T/A. I'm pissed because it's like wasted money.

Now, since I said that, here's what I think. Speak to him about his driving habits. Sure a GT can't hang with an F-Body but it's powerful enough to do some serious damage. Initially, people drive like crazy but after awhile, he'll probably get bored with it and then start to drive properly. Or maybe you could suggest that he take the defensive driving course.

By the way, if he's gotten into 4 accidents, his insurance on the GT is going to be sky high. I'm paying $2,500.00 a year in upstate N.Y.C. Bklyn, N.Y. is $13,000 a year.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you do talk to your buddy it better be before he drives it first time in the rain. I've seen that one happen to many times.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

I dont know how much the insurance will be but sinse its not New York it wont be nearly as high. All im sayin is for god's sake hes wrecked 4 times (2 were his fault) i mean he hit his own house!!!! He ran a red light while looking at his phone and got hit by a f-350. All I want to know is, are his parents stupid or do they just not care? Im my view they only reason that they are gettin him a NEW GT that costs 30+ thousand dollars is because I got an SS which is just wrong. There is no question in my mind that he will wreck this car, its just a matter of time.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well you could try to keep him from what he wants and lose a friend...
or(better idea) how bout TEACHING him how to drive....
i mean come on... tell him mommy and daddy?sounds highschool...
if i see a friend of mine needs help with something i help them...
or point them to someone who can...
anyone can narc..
it takes a friend to help...
Old 03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well were his wrecks due to the car being rwd (ex: fish tailing into curbs and other rwd type stuff) Or is he just an air head driver and his accidents were caused do to not paying attention to things around him....If he is just an air head he will wreck any thing you let him drive!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Resident

Lets put this way, a friend and I were in his car and he started goin on the wrong side of the road, we started yelling at him and he acted like it wasnt his fault. He just cant drive worth crap.

Last edited by Hot02SS; 03-23-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

If he's getting a GT because you got an SS...then do your part - sell the SS and get an import. Then maybe he'll get an import and things will be OK
Old 03-24-2004, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlackBowtie
If he's getting a GT because you got an SS...then do your part - sell the SS and get an import. Then maybe he'll get an import and things will be OK
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Let us never suggest the abandoning of an LS1 to get an import, regardless of the reason, let alone to save a GT owner

In all seriousness, tell the guy flat out that he's a moron if he shows off and that he better respect the car. You know he's going to want to race the first day he gets it. Be a good friend and at least talk to him about being somewhat safe. The again, if he's four accidents deep, he might be a lost cause.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

An import no way I would ever trade my Camaro in for some rice burner. If he does get the GT Ill race him and tell you all the resuults!
Old 03-28-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

Update he got the 04 Gt convertable
Old 03-28-2004, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

are you sure either of you are old enought to drive?
Old 03-28-2004, 08:41 PM
12 Second Club

letr him kno he gotta respec thte power....ima young one on this board...but i aint goin round driving all ******* like....or like breakin any laws like speeding ad :****: i just cruise and take it easy
if some1 doesnt like it let them deal with it...i definitely cant afford to get pulled over for that kinda stuffbcuz of insurance....

i have a fren that likes wreckin his cars...snet it through his garage 2wice and he also nearly hit me!!!....boy was i pissed lol but he just obsessed over mustangs...finally got it....and thinks he hot ****...i tried to do what i could to stop him but i couldnt...however...i did get him to come out wiht me a few times cruisin roudn town....and talked yto him bout the power and not tryin to make it from pPoint A to point B any qucicker then it is by law....i told him id help him out wiht what i could....and yeha he babys that car now...he still afraid to race me lol cuz i like playin with him alot (even with my parents cars toward his pervious cars) and when i took him on with my dads 02 Trailblazer lol poor mustang never saw it coming lol but he totally respectsthe car and will not do stupid **** wiht it...so i say talk it down with him

sorry bout the length

-adam
Old 03-28-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
Update he got the 04 Gt convertable
Thats too bad.....he crash yet?
Old 03-28-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
Thats too bad.....he crash yet?
Man, you guys don't give the guy a chance. I fishtailed and spun out plenty of times with my first car, a V6 Camaro. Now I drive a cammed LS1 and haven't wrecked or come close to wrecking yet. I learned from my mistakes, maybe that kid has too.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
Lets put this way, a friend and I were in his car and he started goin on the wrong side of the road, we started yelling at him and he acted like it wasnt his fault. He just cant drive worth crap.
Maybe you should have him get an Eye Exam?
Old 03-29-2004, 01:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
Man, you guys don't give the guy a chance. I fishtailed and spun out plenty of times with my first car, a V6 Camaro. Now I drive a cammed LS1 and haven't wrecked or come close to wrecking yet. I learned from my mistakes, maybe that kid has too.
I agree, I crashed my v6 Camaro 3 times before I got my LT1 about ayear ago, haven't had an accident with her, yet.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

a buddy of mine previously owned a rio red 98 mustang vert 6cyl auto, it was the lamest car i had ever seen, he wrecked that thing like 4 times, i even watched him edge into traffic, hit a car, back up into a gas pump, and then drive over a curb, all in the same accident. now he has an 00 WS6 with a M6, and he is so much better of a driver now, i used to be scared to ride with him in the mustang. point is, he used to be terrible, now he aint half bad. give em a chance
Old 03-29-2004, 08:39 PM
TECH Resident

Yea I finally saw it its red with a tan top. Its pretty nice. Its the premium convertable with crome rims and a mach 1000 audio system.

Last edited by Hot02SS; 06-10-2004 at 11:55 PM.