Sponsored by:

Evo,WRX guys - why LS1Tech?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evo,WRX guys - why LS1Tech?

This is not meant to be sarcastic - I really am genuinely curious to know:

If you don't have an LS1 powered vehicle, why do you post on LS1Tech?

I'm talking about the guys with Evo's, WRX's and to a lesser extent, even Mustangs (not older F-Body's or Vette's, etc). Don't they have forums for your cars on which your opinions and comments will be more well received? I know anyone is welcome to join, and I'm not trying to say you don't have the right to be here, just wondering what the attraction is for you. I can't imagine going to an Evo forum, registering and carrying on conversations with Evo owners. It would not interest me in the slightest....
Old 05-26-2004, 05:40 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the ones who arent trolls can bring some insight to the site. they dont really post in tech obviously and are only limited to a few forums anyway.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mako22
This is not meant to be sarcastic - I really am genuinely curious to know:

If you don't have an LS1 powered vehicle, why do you post on LS1Tech?

I'm talking about the guys with Evo's, WRX's and to a lesser extent, even Mustangs (not older F-Body's or Vette's, etc). Don't they have forums for your cars on which your opinions and comments will be more well received? I know anyone is welcome to join, and I'm not trying to say you don't have the right to be here, just wondering what the attraction is for you. I can't imagine going to an Evo forum, registering and carrying on conversations with Evo owners. It would not interest me in the slightest....
Its because, as much as the evo, wrx, guys do not want to admit it, there is no replacement for displacement!!! Yes, you can make any car go fast, look good, handle good, but really, there is nothing like a fbody rolling down the road with a set of LT's and a big loapy cam... No matter what you do, you can't make a evo or wrx sound like that, even if they are faster...
Old 05-26-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Kevin 276
Its because, as much as the evo, wrx, guys do not want to admit it, there is no replacement for displacement!!! Yes, you can make any car go fast, look good, handle good, but really, there is nothing like a fbody rolling down the road with a set of LT's and a big loapy cam... No matter what you do, you can't make a evo or wrx sound like that, even if they are faster...
you're retarded

maybe its because they like other performance cars
Old 05-26-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

OH god here we go again
Old 05-26-2004, 06:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would someone put the lid back on pandoras box....
Old 05-26-2004, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6 Commin Soon
OH god here we go again
Please guys don't start the arguments again on which car is better! I posed a question to the non-LS1 guys and was hoping to get a legit answer. I did not want to start all the BS all over again.....so don't post a reply if you own an LS1!
Old 05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this even worthy of a response?

Let's see...several THOUSAND posts ago I had an LS1. I learned tons from the people here. I met quite a few and I got to know a bunch as well. I still contribute to the tech portion of this site and I moderate (and cause havoc ) two forums. I like to give back to the people that helped me or at least to the newbies because I was once a noob. I also can provide great detail of the "enemy".

Good enough for you?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:23 PM
Launching!

*cricket chirp*
Old 05-26-2004, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by unit213
Is this even worthy of a response?

Let's see...several THOUSAND posts ago I had an LS1. I learned tons from the people here. I met quite a few and I got to know a bunch as well. I still contribute to the tech portion of this site and I moderate (and cause havoc ) two forums. I like to give back to the people that helped me or at least to the newbies because I was once a noob. I also can provide great detail of the "enemy".

Good enough for you?
Settle down there tough guy - your response doesn't have to be "good enough" for me. I just wanted to know, plain and simple - your defensive attitude is not necessary. If you'll look, I started this thread by pointing out it was not sarcastic - remember? I mean really, is it such a ridiculous question to ask?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
would someone put the lid back on pandoras box....

Dude, I love that avatar. I get a flash back to the 80's and highschool when I saw clock work orange for the first time. Cool movie, just wanted to say something finally.

As to this thread..

It can be cool getting another opinion. If everyone on this site only worshipped LS1 then I would only get a fraction of the info I get. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-26-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

Settle down there tough guy - your response doesn't have to be "good enough" for me. I just wanted to know, plain and simple - your defensive attitude is not necessary. If you'll look, I started this thread by pointing out it was not sarcastic - remember? I mean really, is it such a ridiculous question to ask?

they might come to-

stir **** up
see what they're up against
learn about another performance car
certain sections - my bro registered just for the drag section
give advice to friends about parts
because they're bored
they may be looking at another car to buy
get togethers with locals....
etc
Old 05-26-2004, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Tough guy?
Old 05-26-2004, 06:49 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough guy?
Mustangs aren't as tough as Camaros. Come on now... I mean, look at Unit, he needs a blower to lay the smack down
Old 05-26-2004, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Mustangs aren't as tough as Camaros. Come on now... I mean, look at Unit, he needs a blower to lay the smack down
...and nitrous. Don't forget nitrous.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:05 PM
12 Second Club

Tough guy?
hey man you flamed out on me first

Bottom line is this (and you know it's not Mustang guys doing this) : I see a lot of threads lately that turn into childish pissing contests between LS1 and non-LS1 guys, and I think it's a waste of space/time. And let's be realistic - most of these guys are not here to "educate" us with their vast knowledge - they are here to push our buttons and tell us why their car is better. Kind of like an online ricer fly-by.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Bottom line is this (and you know it's not Mustang guys doing this) : I see a lot of threads lately that turn into childish pissing contests between LS1 and non-LS1 guys, and I think it's a waste of space/time. And let's be realistic - most of these guys are not here to "educate" us with their vast knowledge - they are here to push our buttons and tell us why their car is better. Kind of like an online ricer fly-by.

go hug a tree
Old 05-26-2004, 07:09 PM
Administrator

I think the majority of WRX/EVO/SRT4 guys are here to see what we are saying about them. They jump in and post some when they see something that pisses them off.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jamie33
go hug a tree
???

I can't even avoid ricers on my computer
Old 05-26-2004, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I can't imagine going to an Evo forum, registering and carrying on conversations with Evo owners.
I think you should go try it...