Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG or Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMMG or Magnaflow

Did a search and it sounds like the Magnaflow is a great system. And I've never heard a bad thing about GMMG. But 350 for the magnaflow system is a great price. Is there really any reason to spend twice that on GMMG, i.e. power, sound, quality of product. I was very happy with the quality of magnaflow on my Mustang. I've probably already answered my questions, huh.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

the quality of both are great. i dont think you can go wrong either way. i love the sound of the GMMG tho. but it depends on if you wanna fork out the extra cash for it or not. im not too sure what the power gains are out of them, but its probably not too much difference.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:59 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by griffz28350
the quality of both are great. i dont think you can go wrong either way. i love the sound of the GMMG tho. but it depends on if you wanna fork out the extra cash for it or not. im not too sure what the power gains are out of them, but its probably not too much difference.
Same sentiments here. Got magnaflow, love it.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:38 PM
NKAWTG...N

whats the price for magnaflow? and isn't gmmg $600 without tips?
Old 09-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

Here's my thoughts, if they matter to ya.

I have a dual/dual with a Magnaglow muffler. I'm betting that it is not all that different sounding than a full Magnaflow cat back. As for performance I felt absolutly no difference from the dual/dual. I did not dyno, so it's just sotp, and I didn't feel any change. As far as the sound, I think it is great. Very deep and low grumble. The sound is just right when I'm just cruising around, and cabin noise is not too loud. WOT is nice and loud, but not overboard. It also keeps a deep tone through the rpm range. If you want a great sounding medium volume, get the Magnaflow.

Now, as far as the GMMG goes, I have NO personal experience with it. However, as soon as I save enough cash, I'm going with LT headers, catted Y and the GMMG! I just hope I have the cash this next paycheck.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

As for the sound, LS1Sounds.com. Go there and listen. As for the quality, both are very good. The GMMG is BANK. Magnaflow is much less expensive. Get what fits into your budget if your taste can't make the decision alone.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by monyhunter
Here's my thoughts, if they matter to ya......

Now, as far as the GMMG goes, I have NO personal experience with it. However, as soon as I save enough cash, I'm going with LT headers, catted Y and the GMMG! I just hope I have the cash this next paycheck.
DITTO! Except, I have the catback system and I think it's awesome! Love WOT!! And for cruisin', NO DRONE! I can have the top down and still have a conversation.

However as stated above, soon: LT's, ory w/cutout and GMMG! Until then very, very happy!

Shop around I got my sytem for about $325. + install

One thing to consider, Magnaflow tips you either love 'em or hate 'em. I have some friends who would not hesitate to tell me my car "looks like ****", and they like the tips. Personal preference. As I'm typing this I did not notice if you have a Camaro or T/A. It looks different on each. T/A's have the cutouts in the bumper. I have pics of mine from the back if you're curious of what it looks like from the back on a Camaro. Just my .02

Definately visit LS1sounds.com

Last edited by 02blkragtopz; 09-05-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got the magnaflow and I love it. It sounds mean as hell when you get on it.

I personally will never spend more than what I paid for the Magnaflow for a cat-back. For the price of the GGMG system, I could get a magnaflow muffler, Pacesetter headers, and have some money left over that will work towards my ORYP.

IMO, the magnaflow has the quality of build as all of the expensive ones, and sounds just as good. GMMG sounds better IMO, but it will never be worth the extra money.

www.ls1sounds.com

-Todd
Old 09-06-2004, 06:25 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the GMMG and love it. b4 the GMMG i had a flowmster w/ cutout couldnt stand the cabin noise. i love the change wouldnt change it.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Besides all the above about the sound and everything else. What looks better under the car, a big muffler or those two nice polished chambers.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

GMMG here, had stock before and i am happy all the way with GMMG. Did a hell of a lot of research before i bought it.....mosty i didn't want to fork over all the cash for something that was going to rasp, ting, and all the other noises you hear on a cheap system...............and like i said i am happy with it complety and would never go back!!
Old 09-06-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Resident

If you have the money you will never regret getting GMMG. It is just a deep, ballsy sound all the way to the red-line. Magnaflow sounds/flows great, but GMMG takes it, IMO. You really cant go wrong with either, but GMMG is the way to go, if you can.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the GMMG and think I it's the best period. My buddy has magnaflow on his lt1 and can't stand the drone. Spend the money and you'll be happy.