Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We Are So Excited!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We Are So Excited!!!!

Thank You everyone who has responded to my many inquiries as of late. With your help and expertise we reached a decision reguarding Jenny's 98 Formula ( the one with the exploded lifter ). We are going to have SRP (Scott Racing and Performance) in Cincinnati fix the Bird. I have spoken to a couple of their guys now (Tyler a couple of times) and am more than pleased with them so far. As you all know, turning your (or your sweetie's) BABY over to someone you don't know and hoping they will do things right can be excrutiating. While speaking to Tyler on the phone the first time he invited me to stop by and view the SRP shop and some of their projects. I took him up on his offer today since I was in their neighborhood and was glad to see a clean, organized, professional work space. SRP appears to care about much more than just making a buck. The project cars that Tyler showed me (I loved the blue 04' Goat) were in various states of repair but one thing was common to them all.... they were clean. I can't tell you how many shops I've been in and seen oily and dirty palm prints smeared all over fenders, hoods, glass, and doors (unfortunately for the guys at SRP they are getting mine in said condition thanks to the last BOZO who did a better job at breaking the car and taking my money than he did fixing the car). None of that there y'all. Everything was clean and it was very apparent that these guys know what they're doing and care enough to do it well. I will keep you informed on their progress. At this point they need to tear down my short block and see how much is salvagable... after that.....VVRROOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!! I can't wait to get the car back and break in that engine and then maybe pay them to put in one of their custom ground cams, I think Tyler said that Comp Cams makes them for SRP, will get back to you on that one.
Thanks Again everyone, not just for answering my questions but also for such a great site and all of it's expert advice.... Jerry
Old 01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

Default ps...

Never let anyone in Cincinnati work on your car if they are named after an enine made in the mid 90's. If you don't get it you must not know Dave.
Thanks, Jerry

Last edited by jerry buckamneer; 01-23-2006 at 07:08 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

sweet
Old 01-23-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Addict

told you they were a good shop, they worked on my car not to long ago and she runs awsome and they answer any questions you have. they get my 100% support and will continue to try and get people to go to them, and anything that i think is wierd or something might be going bad they answer and offer to look at it without any hesitation. glad to hear your getting the bird fixed and should be better than ever after tyler and tracy are done with her.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:05 PM
On The Tree

Thank You Thank You Thank You Dude!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

no problem, glad to hear you are getting the bird fixed.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:22 AM
SRP
11 Second Club

I really appreciate the kind words guys and both Tyler and I appreciate your business. I am looking forward to giving your girlfriend her car back in good shape.

Tracey
Old 01-24-2006, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

Default Tracey

No Tracey, we really appreciate having someone we can trust with our cars. The kind words are deserved. Tyler picked the Bird up this morning and I'm sure by now you have seen it's state of disarray and realize why we are so upset with Dave. He charged us an additional $500 to take the top end down btw. Sound like a good deal? Wish we'd heard of you sooner. I will be sure to continue to praise your work and professionalism as I am sure you will continue to earn it. Thank You, Jerry and Jenny
Attached Images  
Old 01-25-2006, 07:01 PM
11 Second Club

You can't go wrong with SRP man. I've known Tracey and Tyler for a few years now and they do fantastic work.
Any questions, see my ehaust... https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/435637-my-custom-true-duals-ota-pics-inside.html

The formy looks good BTW. Keep the 98's alive!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

nice duals. can't wait til the car is running right and I have the money to start having SRP do some stuff like that on it. Jerry
Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 AM
SRP
11 Second Club

I cant wait to see Jenny drive it so it gets the rust off of those rotors.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

Default Wait til you see her drive!

When she drives it she'll be gettin rust off a lot more than the rotors