Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spraying with Blower

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Spraying with Blower

I am currently in the midst of a D1SC install on my forged 347 T/A. I have been running a 150 dry shot for quite some time now prior to this install with no problems at all. I would really like to keep the spray on there for some added bump when I need it. My Racetronix fuel system will be just about maxed out and using methanol for the 10 psi of boost I will be running. I'
just wondering if it is worth keeping my spray and what is the best and most cost efficient way to run it with the boost. Keep in mind that I will probably eventually run this blower up to 15 psi. I was thinking about a single nozzile wet upgrade with a dedicated fuel cell and probably running around a 50 hp jet. I figure thus will be safe, cheap, and this way I can just have race fuel in the cell and be able to spray it on the street whenever without having to fill the tank with expensive, difficult to get race fuel. Any input on this?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard of people spraying with turbos to help with the spool but if you plan on running a SC spool wont be a problem. You could always run it to spay into the intercooler to cool the air off, or convert it to a CO2 system.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Chris@NitroDaves

Originally Posted by bluebird71
I was thinking about a single nozzile wet upgrade with a dedicated fuel cell and probably running around a 50 hp jet. I figure thus will be safe, cheap, and this way I can just have race fuel in the cell and be able to spray it on the street whenever without having to fill the tank with expensive, difficult to get race fuel.
You are going in the right direction. Especially with you atthe limits of the Racetronix kit and wanting to up the boost later on. The 50hp shot will probably net you around 75rwhp

-Chris
Old 09-29-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MelScrilla
I've heard of people spraying with turbos to help with the spool but if you plan on running a SC spool wont be a problem. You could always run it to spay into the intercooler to cool the air off, or convert it to a CO2 system.
CO2 system? I'm not familiar with that.

It's not a spool issue and of course I plan on upgraing to a bigger fuel system when I increase the boost. What I'm really lookin for out of it is savin money by making power with somethg I already have, and getting the most out of my current fuel system on pump gas. Having a wet kit with rac fuel in the dedicate tank will allow me to make power on the street with my current setup withot having to fill my tank with anything but pump gas. I think spraying into the intercooler wouldn't be enough of a gain to even mess with. I'm talking about a nozzile with a small shot right in front of the TB that will make it's own indpendent increase in power.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Will plumbing a nozzle into a boosted intake cause any boost leak issues? If you already have a kit in the car, what about going to a wet plate? they look and perform better than a nozzle too, imo
Old 09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
Will plumbing a nozzle into a boosted intake cause any boost leak issues? If you already have a kit in the car, what about going to a wet plate? they look and perform better than a nozzle too, imo
Yeah, I was thinking about that too, I'm just trying to find out if it will be worth that for such a small shot.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Spraying it into the supercharger will do two things: 1.) Lower the temp of the compressed air increasing power out put, 2.) Add a secondary power adder to the mix. I have a buddy who ran a LS1 in a truck with a Whipple and a 200hp wet shot that made insane power!!! So it definately works.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet, was he running a nozzle setup or what?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the latest development on this:

I have a buddy who is giving me a really good deal on an NX complete direct port kit for my FAST intake. It has a fuel accumulator which I'm thinking will work well with my setup since I'm already getting close to maxing out my fuel system with the blower.

Is this something that will go good with a boost application? If so, do the same rules for spraying a small, say 50 shot, still apply as with the fogger/plate kit or am I safe to push it a little further to maybe a 100 shot without any worries. My motor is good to over 1,000 rwhp, so the only issue here would be possibe fuel/detonation problems.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:20 PM
12 Second Club

Why not upgrade your fuel system to maximize your performance? i would upgrade my fuel system before i did the nitrous install. otherwise, have you looked into a dedicated fuel sytem for your nitrous? that could be an easier way for you to do that kind of upgrade without worrying.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:36 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bluebird71
Here is the latest development on this:

I have a buddy who is giving me a really good deal on an NX complete direct port kit for my FAST intake. It has a fuel accumulator which I'm thinking will work well with my setup since I'm already getting close to maxing out my fuel system with the blower.

Is this something that will go good with a boost application? If so, do the same rules for spraying a small, say 50 shot, still apply as with the fogger/plate kit or am I safe to push it a little further to maybe a 100 shot without any worries. My motor is good to over 1,000 rwhp, so the only issue here would be possibe fuel/detonation problems.
Not a fan of the idea you are shooting for.

Nothing wrong with a directport but the fuel delivery idea I disagree with.

For one only spraying a 100 shot on 8 nozzles will make the fuel jet around 12 thousands orfice. This is very very small and the littles of anything can clog it. Not only that you have no way of leaning the system out if you need to go smaller on the fuel unless you like to gamble and want to go smaller than the 12 jet.

The fuel accumulator is a band aif fix for a fuel system that can not maintain pressure upon activation due to to much strain on the fuel system. It will not make up for the fact you are maxing the pump.

If you are going to put a directport on it I suggest a dedicated fuel cell at 10 psi flowing fuel pressure.

Honestly if it were me for the size shot you plan to spray I would throw our plate or a single nozzle on it and save your self alot of work and hassle.

Either way its time to do something with the fuel system and the accumulater is not the right answer.

Dave
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am about maxed out on cash wit this blower project at the moment so buying a $1,200 fuel system is not going to happen right now either way. I was really just trying to find out weather I could spray something like a 100 or 150 shot, even if it means getting a dedicated fs, on top of this blower with the direct port system. I have read that it isn't wise to go much over a 50 shot with a nozzle/plate kit under boost.