Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX Solenoid and Purge WTF PICS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NX Solenoid and Purge WTF PICS!!!

I am just getting around to installing my NX nitrous kit, I have had it for a while now. I have an NX kit with what I thought was the iceman solenoid and a Genx2 kit with a purge for the iceman noid.

Can someone please identify this NX nitrous solenoid for me? It has a 1/4NPT port marked "IN", a 1/8" NPT port (that is currently plugged) marked "IN" as well, and a 1/8" NPT N20 port on the bottom for the outlet. What noid is this and how big of a shot is it good to? Below are some pics of it. There is also a capital "P" stamped on the bottom.

My next problem is with setting up the purge. I am assuming the 1/8" NPT on the nitrous noid is for the purge? Does this go to the "IN" on the purge solenoid? If it does it is going to look like complete crap and be flopped 180*. I have a pic below of what it would look like. I hope I am doing something wrong because if this is the way this NX kit is then I am going to sell this stuff and call up N2O outlet or HSW and get a kit instead.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is an old style Pro Power NX solenoid. Good to about 500 HP

The place the plug is at is where your purge solenoid will attach. Remove the plug and the fitting you have screwed into your purge will connect the two solenoids.

That is in my opnion the best Nitrous Solenoid NX has ever had so no since in replacing it.

However since your solenoids are so old the fuel solenoid probably has an old style piston. This piston is not a good choice for todays pump gas. I would suggest changing out the fuel piston to the new style.

If you need any help or advice feel free to give our tech line a call. We can help you.
Dave
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that I can unscrew that port, but it seems like the purge valve I have need the "IN" to be on the right side over the left (like it is now). I want the solenoids to be mounted how it looks below instead of all flip-flopped around. No i'm not OCD My enigne bay looks nice and I'd like to try to keep it that way. This may be a dumb question, but can I run feed the purge noid into the "OUT" port? Below is a pic of how I want it to look. (Note: the fitting is screwed into the "OUT" port below)

Here is a pic of the fuel solenoid as well. All of this stuff is new and never used. Would you still recommend replacing the piston in the solenoid?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

This pic may show easier what I want to do and how the "IN" ports dont line up

Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 PM
Launching!

I got mine mounted on my pass front of the cyl head. ya they are backwards(labels facing toward the head) I thought the same thing you did was like wtf
Old 04-07-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

yeah I really dont want them to be flipped around like that though. I want them to sit how I had them lined up in post #4. Its almost like I need the "IN" and "OUT" ports flipped

Last edited by ThreeHonks; 04-07-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:08 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Simple fix... Loosen the nut on top of the solenoid. The coil can will then twist freely. Clock the solenoid where the inlet and outlet fittings are in the orientation you prefer and snug back down.

If running pump gas I would upgrade the piston in the fuel solenoid. We have them in stock.

Dave
Old 04-08-2011, 05:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ThreeHonks
I I hope I am doing something wrong because if this is the way this NX kit is then I am going to sell this stuff and call up N2O outlet or HSW and get a kit instead.
This made me lmfao because if you can't figure out the NX solenoids, you'd be just as screwed with HSW or Nitrous Outlet. It's like saying, "I can't figure out how to sharpen my yellow #2 pencil, so I'm going to buy a brown #2 pencil." Maybe you should stick with crayons...
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Simple fix... Loosen the nut on top of the solenoid. The coil can will then twist freely. Clock the solenoid where the inlet and outlet fittings are in the orientation you prefer and snug back down.

If running pump gas I would upgrade the piston in the fuel solenoid. We have them in stock.

Dave
That would only solve half his problem, he wants to know why the stamping for the smaller purge solenoid would have to be facing the opposite direction as the larger nitrous solenoid. He's very very meticulous and even something as small and minuscule as this would bug him, the rest of his car is mint. Good luck with the rest of the install Ryan.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Somebody09
This made me lmfao because if you can't figure out the NX solenoids, you'd be just as screwed with HSW or Nitrous Outlet. It's like saying, "I can't figure out how to sharpen my yellow #2 pencil, so I'm going to buy a brown #2 pencil." Maybe you should stick with crayons...
I was just very frustrated at the time! We all have been there before.

Originally Posted by Detroitmuscle
That would only solve half his problem, he wants to know why the stamping for the smaller purge solenoid would have to be facing the opposite direction as the larger nitrous solenoid. He's very very meticulous and even something as small and minuscule as this would bug him, the rest of his car is mint. Good luck with the rest of the install Ryan.
Thanks Jeff. I just want it all to look nice too. I really like the look of the NX noids and they are new as well so i want to show them off under the hood
Old 04-08-2011, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet

Dave
thank you! sent you a pm as well about the fuel piston
Old 04-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Staging Lane

This is how i got mine set up with HSW electronics..

Old 04-08-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Resident

thanks for the pic! that looks well-done. I like how you have nice and short lines running from the solenoid to the plate.

I am also wondering if it is more effective to have the purge solenoid connected to the nitrous solenoid over a setup like above where it is before the solenoid?

Last edited by ThreeHonks; 04-08-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Thx....
purge solenoid connected to the nitrous solenoid is the way to go..
Old 04-10-2011, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id either rotate the top, or put it on the other side..I guess Im not sure what mounting bracket or how your mounting them. Heres how mine is done.

I have the hardlines connected to the plate now, I was waiting for them in the mail when these were taken.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
TECH Resident

That looks nice! I plan on rotating the top. i would just put it on the other side, but since I have the bigger noid, the inlet for the feed line is 1/4" NPT and the purge is smaller, 1/8" NPT.

I really do like that mounting bracket!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just go with an adapter like the inline one I have connecting them, 1 side 1/4npt, other side 1/8npt. Should be no more then 4-5 bucks.

The bracket made it nice. When I clean everything up under there it looks really good. Just tough to keep the dust off since I dont have the vent blocked on my ss hood.

Austin

Quick Reply: NX Solenoid and Purge WTF PICS!!!