Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dry nitrous ls2 vette

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dry nitrous ls2 vette

who makes a good dry nitrous kit for the ls2 corvette?
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Look no further than Nitrous Outlet. They have a great product and even better customer service
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Especially since you are new and have a lot of questions, having some people who truly know your car and can help with getting the whole setup together. Not just pushing a part number at you.

Why are you leaning toward dry? What goals do you have for the car? Track raced?
Old 05-12-2011, 02:19 PM

i was leaning dry cause ive seen and heard of the back fires in the intake and havent heard of a dry kit back firing and burning the car to the ground i would rather buy a new motor then a new car lol but i just want to have the power at the track... i have a friend that own a shop where he make a lot of n02 car but he says i should get a wet kit just tryin to get some outside opinions.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 PM

i am planing on full exhaust intake and a few other thing to get me around the 400rwhp range as well
Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by snoopyboy69
i was leaning dry cause ive seen and heard of the back fires in the intake and havent heard of a dry kit back firing and burning the car to the ground i would rather buy a new motor then a new car lol but i just want to have the power at the track... i have a friend that own a shop where he make a lot of n02 car but he says i should get a wet kit just tryin to get some outside opinions.
Backfires can happen with either. Doing it right can eliminate 95% if not more of the backfires that happen. Now usually a dry system will backfire less violently, but it can still happen. The decision of wet or dry really depends on tuning capability's and platform.

I would like to see you run a Wet plate system with the safety features.

Couple of things that will be the same no matter what system you decide on.

1) Run the correct spark plugs. It is not a tr6.

2) Yes. You have to pull timing.

3) Run a window switch. This alone would stop a TON of the backfire's that happen.

I have a lot of option for systems and can help with which ever direction you choose.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

ONE MORE TIP: turn OFF Traction Control. my theory for why there are people melting their vettes with N2O is because they forgot to turn off traction control and they are on a WOT switch-activated system and Traction Control closes the throttle plate and they spray against a closing throttle plate and BOOM!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:01 AM

That is a very good point and if that is the case probably should make sure that the active handling is off as well it will bog the car down as well.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 AM

has anyone ever used wilson nitrous system i think im gonna go with a wilson universal EFI wet kit. But i would like to hear some other opinions from people who have good luck with other nitrous systems..there is a link to the kit im looking at. i am also buying window switch, WOT switch, purge kit , and gauges..plz let me know if there something else i should get to make a safer system. thanks

http://www.nitrousproflow.com/produc...et-system.html
Old 05-15-2011, 10:17 PM

Not all at once lol
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Never heard of that brand before. I have an NX wet kit and its worked great. If I were you I'd just call Nitrous Outlet and pick up their wet kit and a window switch.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by Quick Sh0t xMLx
Never heard of that brand before. I have an NX wet kit and its worked great. If I were you I'd just call Nitrous Outlet and pick up their wet kit and a window switch.
I can go over everything you need.

For the coin your looking at on a universal nozzle you could have a application specific plate system:

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...5&product=3951
Old 05-16-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see alot more people with efi going with dry kit
since they can add more fuel via injectors, even tho you have to upgrade them and prolly the fuel pump
they say you have more control of the fuel side of the nitrous system going this way
allegidly
Old 05-16-2011, 01:33 PM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by 1904gto
i see alot more people with efi going with dry kit
since they can add more fuel via injectors, even tho you have to upgrade them and prolly the fuel pump
they say you have more control of the fuel side of the nitrous system going this way
allegidly
Not nearly as many people go dry. The tuning of dry with the stock PCM is not as easy.

Ill put it this way. Of the people here at the shop, including some of the previous employees, all are wet systems.

It is also much more difficult to get tuning help from us and others on a dry setup. But, if you have the tuning capabilities it can be done very successfully. I just do not see any added benefit for the drawbacks it has on this platform.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each there own. i was a wet guy until atv forced me to help him . once i saw what dry could do and the issues you can avoid i was sold and our shop car(ss ls1 record holder) is 100% dry. There are some challanges to dry on the stock pcm but there are some cool new things that can help you around them. If your going to tune it your self and learn nitrous don't be scared of the dry system. less moving parts = less issues. If you just want to slap a 100-150 shot on have someone else 1 time tune it and never care. wet is the way to go.

either way backfires should not be a deciding factor it can happen in both systems.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Graham@NitrousOutlet

Originally Posted by ShiznityZ28
To each there own. i was a wet guy until atv forced me to help him . once i saw what dry could do and the issues you can avoid i was sold and our shop car(ss ls1 record holder) is 100% dry. There are some challanges to dry on the stock pcm but there are some cool new things that can help you around them. If your going to tune it your self and learn nitrous don't be scared of the dry system. less moving parts = less issues. If you just want to slap a 100-150 shot on have someone else 1 time tune it and never care. wet is the way to go.

either way backfires should not be a deciding factor it can happen in both systems.
Agreed.

But 99% of the time if you have to ask wet or dry, you need a wet system on this platform.

Quick Reply: dry nitrous ls2 vette