Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window switch help? Much needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window switch help? Much needed

Newbie trying to get msd pill style window switch installed before Saturday! I have no clue how to wireit... Could someone please give me detail how to? Where is my tach wire? Normally open? Do u clip both loops? I'm totally confused... Thanks for help in advance
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

What year is your car? I had trouble getting help with trying to get help on wiring my window switch. Everyone just told me fallow instructions. Got mine wired but haven't sprayed it yet so not sure if mine is wired right
Old 03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
Teching In

2001 .... Everyone just said follow instructions and diagrams but with my zex box style nitrous kit , I dunno where to start
Old 03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
Staging Lane

I think the tach output is the number 10 pin on the red connector of the ecm. White wire. Other than that I don't know man.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think theres a Zex wet kit & msd window switch diagram in the stickies
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Where at? I can't seem to find it?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98chevyz71
I had trouble getting help with trying to get help on wiring my window switch. Everyone just told me fallow instructions.
No... you got some decent help and good directions in your thread... in addition to the clear and simple instructions with your window switch.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ow-switch.html

Your problem is... the car won't wire itself.
Do a little homework, do a search, read some books or magazines and LEARN about what you are trying to do to your car... instead of asking someone on this forum to cyber-wire it for you.

Got mine wired but haven't sprayed it yet so not sure if mine is wired right
Did you not TEST it with a test light first ? That isn't in the instructions because it is just plain common sense...
By the time you are opening bottles and solenoids, you better KNOW it is working.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Yullose
No... you got some decent help and good directions in your thread... in addition to the clear and simple instructions with your window switch.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-o...ow-switch.html

Your problem is... the car won't wire itself.
Do a little homework, do a search, read some books or magazines and LEARN about what you are trying to do to your car... instead of asking someone on this forum to cyber-wire it for you.

Did you not TEST it with a test light first ? That isn't in the instructions because it is just plain common sense...
By the time you are opening bottles and solenoids, you better KNOW it is working.
Didnt say i didnt get any help... just had trouble getting help until you posted. your posts helped me out a lot... i tried doing my homework on it instead of posting on here.... idk if i wasnt looking in the right places or what but i couldnt find anything on it. found a few different diagrams but all were a lil different... so just posted on here to try and get more info...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Didnt say i didnt get any help... just had trouble getting help until you posted. your posts helped me out a lot... i tried doing my homework on it instead of posting on here.... idk if i wasnt looking in the right places or what but i couldnt find anything on it. found a few different diagrams but all were a lil different... so just posted on here to try and get more info...
Well I hope it works for you... but you really should test it with a light before you turn the bottle on. You may find a problem... you may not... but it will be a whole lot better than finding a problem when the nitrous is flowing.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yup, after the post's I thought bout it and felt dumb. Used a test light and sprayed the car today... Car pulls good til 2-3 shift. Lookin like my stock tranny isnt likin it.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

Yup, after the post's I thought bout it and felt dumb. Used a test light and sprayed the car today... Car pulls good til 2-3 shift. Lookin like my stock tranny isnt likin it.
my stock clutch didnt think to highly of my 100 wet shot either. It let go around 5500 RPM. I was actually impressed it held that long
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Teching In

If nitrous is good for nothing else... it's at least good for pointing out what parts need to be replaced next... usually in the correct order too.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

MSD Digital is much easier to deal with and well worth the extra money.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

One question im curious on... Whar does the the gray wire connect to? All the diagrams I've seen don't show it going to anything.