Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are these nitrous parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are these nitrous parts?

I purchased a complete nitrous and NANO kit that a guy who bought it from Nitrous Outlet but changed directions and didn't need it. All parts were new in the box and even the receipt was included.

I've mocked everything up and am almost ready to wire but had a couple small items left over. The kit was specifically for a C5. The two black fittings (they are the same) as well as the silver one were in the box with the FPSS I believe. I simply screwed the FPSS directly into one of the ports on the fuel log that is attached to the scrader valve and it doesn't appear that I need any of these.

Does anyone know what these parts are as well as what the hard line is for?

Scott
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

photo doesnt work
Old 01-30-2014, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tar Heel
I purchased a complete nitrous and NANO kit that a guy who bought it from Nitrous Outlet but changed directions and didn't need it. All parts were new in the box and even the receipt was included.

I've mocked everything up and am almost ready to wire but had a couple small items left over. The kit was specifically for a C5. The two black fittings (they are the same) as well as the silver one were in the box with the FPSS I believe. I simply screwed the FPSS directly into one of the ports on the fuel log that is attached to the scrader valve and it doesn't appear that I need any of these.

Does anyone know what these parts are as well as what the hard line is for?

Scott
make sure that FP switch is adjusted correctly. No photo here either...
Old 01-30-2014, 05:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 01-30-2014, 07:23 AM
Launching!

hard lines to connect ur noids if u got it all hooked up no worries, and the 2 black fittings are for main line( bottle to nitrous noid) put it on ur bottle first and then ur main line,its used to put a pressure to see what pressure ur bottle has very important. also can be used for fuel pressure attach to ur fuel rail and put a fuel pressure gauge. all u have to do is back that allen bolt out. silver looks like a hose end fitting if u can take that nut off it i can see it better. cant really tell. but u dont really have to have this stuff. on the hardline if u got it all hooked up and plumbed in correct then no need for it.

Last edited by dekan513; 01-30-2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dekan513
hard lines to connect ur noids if u got it all hooked up no worries, and the 2 black fittings are for main line( bottle to nitrous noid) put it on ur bottle first and then ur main line,its used to put a pressure to see what pressure ur bottle has very important. also can be used for fuel pressure attach to ur fuel rail and put a fuel pressure gauge. all u have to do is back that allen bolt out. silver looks like a hose end fitting if u can take that nut off it i can see it better. cant really tell. but u dont really have to have this stuff. on the hardline if u got it all hooked up and plumbed in correct then no need for it.
Yes, I think the hard line was to connect the NANO bottle to the nitrous bottle. The kit came with a flexible (and longer) braided line so we used that and won't worry about the hard line. I think one of the black fittings can be used in line for the nitrous after it leaves the bottle to watch pressure since it has a port for a gauge. We'll put in in for that. The other one could be used for to get fuel pressure but I haven't figured out yet where to insert it. It can't be one on the end of the fuel rail because that would push the log out too far and the hard fuel line going back to the solenoid wouldn't be long enough. I'm still not sure what the silver one is for ... I'll keep looking but it may not be needed.

Thanks!

Scott
Old 01-30-2014, 02:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Scott,
The silver fitting is a Nano Check Valve.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Scott,
The silver fitting is a Nano Check Valve.
What's that mean Brandon? And should it be installed on my bottle and if so where? What's it do? I already filled the nitrous bottle and NANO bottle and have them in the car and connected. Will I have to empty one or the other?

Thanks again.

Scott
Old 01-30-2014, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tar Heel. Note, its a CHECK VALVE. That way if you decide to pull off the NANO bottle, your nitrous bottle will still hold pressure. This might also allow you to remove a nitrous bottle and use up a nano bottle that has pressure remaining.

Suggest you post a picture of your setup.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Tar Heel. Note, its a CHECK VALVE. That way if you decide to pull off the NANO bottle, your nitrous bottle will still hold pressure. This might also allow you to remove a nitrous bottle and use up a nano bottle that has pressure remaining.

Suggest you post a picture of your setup.
Thanks guy. I'll post a picture later tonight when I get home from work.

I think I have it now. When I filled my bottles I filled the NANO first with the flexible braided line attached to it. With the valve closed nothing came out. We then went to the nitrous shop and the owner said when he filled it nitrous would come back out unless we had something to put in that port. We just went ahead and attached the NANO bottle there, had it filled and all was fine. Kind of a pain carrying the two bottles together especially full. I'm guessing then that check valve goes on the nitrous bottle and will allow me to take the nitrous bottle out without removing the NANO bottle.

Scott

Quick Reply: what are these nitrous parts?