Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few pics of the new MAF kit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few pics of the new MAF kit.

This think just looks like it belong on the car, it is hard to see just how it good it looks since you are looking at it and it is so simple, weird.

Ricky
Old 07-13-2005, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

That IS nice! So nice in fact that it tempts me to go buy a 2001+ C5 MAF sensor for my 2000 so I can use it!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XTrooper
That IS nice! So nice in fact that it tempts me to go buy a 2001+ C5 MAF sensor for my 2000 so I can use it!
I have your sensor sitting right here.LOL
Dave
Old 07-13-2005, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I have your sensor sitting right here.LOL
Dave
If the price is right..........
Old 07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
FormerVendor

If the price is right..........
Our prices are always right
Old 07-13-2005, 07:19 PM
11 Second Club

Ricky,

I have a question for you. As you know, I have a 2000 Corvette which has the old-style, mult-piece MAF sensor like the F-bodies. If I decide not to wait and buy your current MAF system can I then pick up a 2001+ one-piece Corvette MAF later and buy just the MAF piece w/solenoids from the new MAF system as an upgrade kit? Please let me know and thanks!
Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Restricted User

It would be a 10 if it could flow more That puppy needs to be able to handle up to 300shots. Maybe add another set of noids, or make it with and without noids (use a -4 inlet where the noids are? I know, you already made this bad boy, but damn it I can dream cant I?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CAT3
It would be a 10 if it could flow more That puppy needs to be able to handle up to 300shots. Maybe add another set of noids, or make it with and without noids (use a -4 inlet where the noids are? I know, you already made this bad boy, but damn it I can dream cant I?
Charlie,
Thats the first thing I asked Ricky.It can flow more but you will have to use the larger solenoids and they will not mount directly to the plate.
Dave
Old 07-14-2005, 12:38 PM
Launching!

I just saw this thing in person, and it's awsome. It looks natural, like it's suppose to be there. I also got to look at the housing up close. AWSOME job, really clean!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:54 PM

Ricky,

I have a question for you. As you know, I have a 2000 Corvette which has the old-style, mult-piece MAF sensor like the F-bodies. If I decide not to wait and buy your current MAF system can I then pick up a 2001+ one-piece Corvette MAF later and buy just the MAF piece w/solenoids from the new MAF system as an upgrade kit? Please let me know and thanks!
Right now the conversion piece are to be determined. But we will offer something less than the standard kit, for the customers that want to upgrade or the ones that want to change.
Ricky
Old 07-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Teching In

will that hook to a SLP maf?

If so tell me where to get one.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like this, and it may be my third stage. Dry/dry/wet, yep that would be cool. I already have some of my wiring in for a 3rd. Who needs progressive.
Have you guys run this yet, as my only concern would be how far away it is from intake? but I would have so much n2o flying by that it shouldn't be a problem. I say this cause I still have the accordion style bridge connector.
Robert
Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

wow that looks clean as hell!!!!! very nice maf kit!
Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

wow that looks clean as hell!!!!! very nice maf kit!
Old 08-09-2005, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Daves Dual Nozzle special that is still brand new and awaiting until I have time to put this on. I have a 2001 C5. I wonder if this would be better for me?

What is the advantage of this kit? Is it just the clean install?

What part would I need if I already have Dave's Kit? Just that NX Chrme MAF Piece or are the solenoids already mounted on there permanently??

Maybe this is a better option for me and will be super clean.

Any suggestions from you guys, or Dave as to what I would need ot do to switch to this set up and also if you think ti would work just as well?

Maybe I can swap my kit out. I wouldn't expect you to, but my kit is still brand new in the package, just a thought. I might be willing to spend the extra money for thsi clean look.

I looked at the pics, but these were just to show the MAF Piece and in that pic teh guy aleady had a nozzle drilled intot he air bridge. Where do the Nozzles go on the Corvette MAF Kit? I assue it actually just sprays directly into the maff ,,,,,,,or are there still nozzles drilled into in the air bridge that supply the fueal and N2O???

Thanks

Gary
Old 08-10-2005, 05:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001 Red Coupe Bandit
I have Daves Dual Nozzle special that is still brand new and awaiting until I have time to put this on. I have a 2001 C5. I wonder if this would be better for me?

What is the advantage of this kit? Is it just the clean install?

What part would I need if I already have Dave's Kit? Just that NX Chrme MAF Piece or are the solenoids already mounted on there permanently??

Maybe this is a better option for me and will be super clean.

Any suggestions from you guys, or Dave as to what I would need ot do to switch to this set up and also if you think ti would work just as well?

Maybe I can swap my kit out. I wouldn't expect you to, but my kit is still brand new in the package, just a thought. I might be willing to spend the extra money for thsi clean look.

I looked at the pics, but these were just to show the MAF Piece and in that pic teh guy aleady had a nozzle drilled intot he air bridge. Where do the Nozzles go on the Corvette MAF Kit? I assue it actually just sprays directly into the maff ,,,,,,,or are there still nozzles drilled into in the air bridge that supply the fueal and N2O???

Thanks

Gary
Gary,

As I understand this system, the solenoids are mounted on the MAF piece and NX won't sell just the MAF end. You can only get this either as a system or as a conversion, but you'd need those solenoids anyway because your current ones are probably too large to be mounted like that.

Concerning nozzles, this system, like others of this sort, don't have nozzles, per se. It has a spray bar which is incorporated in the center divider you can see in the photos.

Before you ask, I'm still waiting for my NX remote bottle opener to come in so I can complete my installation!
Old 08-10-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Before you ask, I'm still waiting for my NX remote bottle opener to come in so I can complete my installation!
Hurry up and wait XTrooper.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks X-Trooper, you beta me to the punch! I am ready to get mine ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going ot see what the conversion price is just for the heck of it.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually, now that I understand what this kit does. I like it and am very seriously considering getting this now!!!!!!!!!!!

It is gonna cost me more $$ which I was saving for the install, but if your gonna do it, do it right, plus the clean install is something that really intrigues me. I am sure I spelled that word wrong, but you can't always be smart when your trying to sound smart

I have a 2001 thank goodness, but why do you need a 2001? Is it because the 2001 has the correct MAF that this was designed for?
Old 08-11-2005, 09:19 AM

I see and have been asked by several people the color on the MAF. Right first runs are black done getting lasered and should be inroute today to me...

Now for any future peoples that want a different COLOR I think we can make that happen but it will cost. There will be freight lot charges for anodizing one part, and laser marking o yea freight coming back. So if you want a custom unit for your car pm me and I will see what I can do,,,,, NO promises on this one guys.
Ricky