Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?

If so can I see a pic? I cannot find a way to make it all fit. I cut the crap out of the lid, notched the lower airbox so the maf can sit lower, still no help. it seem like its impossible. At first I was gonna just put the nozzles in the bellows and skip the ring, but the issue I was having with that is that the bellow was too soft and the line would pull on the nozzle and kinda make it so the nozzle wasnt pointing directly foward, but more towards the side of the bellow, so I put the ring back in.

Even w/ my stock bellow and cut airlid it is a HASSSLE to get it all to fit.

Thanks
Old 07-27-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Location: sojourning....looking for my city whose builder and maker is God.

Originally Posted by LETZ RUN
If so can I see a pic? I cannot find a way to make it all fit. I cut the crap out of the lid, notched the lower airbox so the maf can sit lower, still no help. it seem like its impossible. At first I was gonna just put the nozzles in the bellows and skip the ring, but the issue I was having with that is that the bellow was too soft and the line would pull on the nozzle and kinda make it so the nozzle wasnt pointing directly foward, but more towards the side of the bellow, so I put the ring back in.

Even w/ my stock bellow and cut airlid it is a HASSSLE to get it all to fit.

Thanks
These aren't real good pictures, I took them with my cell phone. I had the same problem you had and we cut the smooth bellows at angle to make it fit. We cut a little on both ends, cut more at the top side than the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?-tnt-kit-install-1.jpg   Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?-tnt-kit-2.jpg  
Old 07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thank you.. anychance of getting a higher res pic that shows it closer?

also anyone have a pic showing the solenoid bracket good.. mine is bent all tweaked and id like to make it sit like its supposed to... thanks.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

thank you.. anychance of getting a higher res pic that shows it closer?

also anyone have a pic showing the solenoid bracket good.. mine is bent all tweaked and id like to make it sit like its supposed to... thanks.
Ok, lol one more try. This is with my digital camera.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?-tnt-kit-2.jpg   Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?-tnt-kit-3.jpg   Anyone using a TNT ring w/ smooth bellows?-tnt-kit-1.jpg  

Last edited by Lady Redhawk; 07-27-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you VERY much!! You were very very helpful.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me make sure im correct... you go.. lid, bellow, maf, tnt ring, tb? The maf is hard to see because its black.. I went lid, maf, bellow, ring.. i wonder if thats why..
Old 07-27-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Thank you VERY much!! You were very very helpful.
Your welcome. I just enlarged the second set of pictures, take another look.
Old 07-27-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Let me make sure im correct... you go.. lid, bellow, maf, tnt ring, tb? The maf is hard to see because its black.. I went lid, maf, bellow, ring.. i wonder if thats why..
No, it's Lid, Bellows, MAF, TNT ring, TB
Old 07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i think my order could have been the issue.. i thought the maf was supposed to put the MAF in the lid..
Old 07-27-2005, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what brand bellow is that? mine isnt flat like that.. mine has a big hump in the middle..
Old 07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

what brand bellow is that? mine isnt flat like that.. mine has a big hump in the middle..
It's SLP's smooth bellows and it has the hump in the middle too. Just hard to see.

In case you did know, after you open up the picture, you can right click on it and enlarge it to see it even bigger.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It still appears in this pic that the lid isn't securing properly. I have had this same issue for over two years with my TNT ring. I am to the point now I just bought a silicone hose to go from the lid to the TB and will be placing the nozzles in there. I hate the design of the TNT kit as I have yet to see a person that has had no problems.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SS
It still appears in this pic that the lid isn't securing properly. I have had this same issue for over two years with my TNT ring. I am to the point now I just bought a silicone hose to go from the lid to the TB and will be placing the nozzles in there. I hate the design of the TNT kit as I have yet to see a person that has had no problems.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/attachmen...chmentid=37899
I never have been able to get that lid to stay on right. Even before the TNT kit. It is worst now with the kit, but I think if it fit better to began with it wouldn't be so bad now, maybe? It is an SLP lid, my husband also has an SLP lid and his fits fine (No nitros kits on his car though. lol)
Old 07-27-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Mine went on within about 30 min. I have a whisper lid to stock MAF to slp air bellow to power ring to TB. I fit the MAF to the lid and placed it on the car where it goes. Then I put the ring on the TB and bolted the TB into postion. Then, I simply did some easy measuring of the space that was left between the MAF and the powrring. I took those measurements and applyed them to the slp bellow with marks, and then started slowly cutting the bellow till it was right.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lady Redhawk
I never have been able to get that lid to stay on right. Even before the TNT kit. It is worst now with the kit, but I think if it fit better to began with it wouldn't be so bad now, maybe? It is an SLP lid, my husband also has an SLP lid and his fits fine (No nitros kits on his car though. lol)
I have the same problem, but if I remove the ring, it fits like a glove. I personally think this design is horrible now. JMO