Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strongly leaning towards direct port.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 02:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Strongly leaning towards direct port.

I currently have a NX single nozzle system jetted for 175 on 22* timing but stock bottom end on a engine with 40k miles. If it matters the other mods are Thunder racing heads G5X2 cam, Racetronix fuel pump. With a Textrailia clutch, (yes its a 6 speed car) and Moser 9" with 3:70 gears.

My ASP pulley came off and I think it might have ruined the end of the crank snout so I might as well rebuild it with forged pistons and rods. Thats where the direct port comes in.

I have been eyeing this kit and this one

I found those pics on this link: https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/384727-directport-time.html

I was just wondering if the Racetronix pump would support a 300-350 shot and if the fuel lines will directly connect to either of those DP kits with no modifications. I'm sure Dave will chime in on that.. I hope.

Now I'll have to price out ARP head studs, crank and rod bolts, pistons, connecting rods, and bearings.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:06 PM
10 Second Club

And besides, it'll look alot cleaner than what I have on it now. lol

Old 10-10-2005, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On that size of a shot you will need a dedicated fuel system for sure.If you have any more quetions let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is something you should consider:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/384506-look.html
I have one like it (non painted -- older version)... great quality.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Second Club

Well.. I drive this car a lot on the street, and I do not want to have to run a dedicated fuel system. Thats more hoses, money and BS I am not willing to put into it. if that dedicated fuel system is 100 bux, I might consider it!
Old 10-10-2005, 09:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The nice thing about the dedicated is that you can run race fuel and it will support what you can throw at it.Its expecially good for streetr use because you can run regular gas in the regular tank. THe next option for you at that hpo level would be upgrading your fuel lines,going to a a1000 fuel pump,regulater and fuel rails.It will all equal out to the same in the long run.
Dave
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

I understand that. I just wanna keep the car clean on the inside, cause I have t-tops and I don't want to lose the limited space I have now. I am sure that cell would have to go in the rear of the car, and I assume in the hole where the t-tops go. I tell people its not a race car, its a street car I race. lol

So it appears I can throw this idea out the window. Thanks anyway.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
Well.. I drive this car a lot on the street, and I do not want to have to run a dedicated fuel system. Thats more hoses, money and BS I am not willing to put into it. if that dedicated fuel system is 100 bux, I might consider it!
I drive my car on the street all the time.
And as mentionned by Dave, you run normal fuel in the gaz tank and race fuel in the dedicated cell to account for any needed fuel for the nitrous needs.
everything nitrous is totally independant of NA needs... no drop in fuel pressure for a moment due to a needed surge on the stock fuel-system.
As for the lines, they are very minimal, since the dedicated cell is in the location of the battery... only 1 line to the solenoid, or y to 2 solenoids... very little lines, compared to 1 line from the fuel rail to the solenoid... almost the same line, if you ask me.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

I'm guessing then the battery would have to be relocated to the rear of the car. I simply don't want to lose the space I have to put my t-tops at. I really appreciate the advise, its helped me very much. I just can't do that to my car.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Nitro Daves has a nice dedicated fuel system that looks very nice and you can keep every thing, here are some pics hope you like them.

[IMG]http://www.v10killer.com/FuelCell3.jpg[/IMG
Old 10-10-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about the spare tire location ?
I'm assuming that's where the bottle is, right ?

so why are you really considering DP, are you thinking on going 250+hp shot ?
if you are going lower, might as well just go wet, and not bother with DP, imho.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

got this pics from another guy here,mine is on the way.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Captain InsaneO
I currently have a NX single nozzle system jetted for 175 on 22* timing but stock bottom end on a engine with 40k miles. If it matters the other mods are Thunder racing heads G5X2 cam, Racetronix fuel pump. With a Textrailia clutch, (yes its a 6 speed car) and Moser 9" with 3:70 gears.

My ASP pulley came off and I think it might have ruined the end of the crank snout so I might as well rebuild it with forged pistons and rods. Thats where the direct port comes in.

I have been eyeing this kit and this one

I found those pics on this link: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384727

I was just wondering if the Racetronix pump would support a 300-350 shot and if the fuel lines will directly connect to either of those DP kits with no modifications. I'm sure Dave will chime in on that.. I hope.

Now I'll have to price out ARP head studs, crank and rod bolts, pistons, connecting rods, and bearings.
That's the exact system that I'm getting but with this dedicated fuel system.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS
what about the spare tire location ?
I'm assuming that's where the bottle is, right ?

so why are you really considering DP, are you thinking on going 250+hp shot ?
if you are going lower, might as well just go wet, and not bother with DP, imho.
Yeah I was wanting to go higher than 250. I am currently running a NX system..175 shot. The pics are very cool.
ls1CANTU, I would consider that set up. I like its location.