Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

final questions... i hope

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default final questions... i hope

ok so i bought a kit finnaly for 200 its a wet kit with purge.....
what all do i NEED. I think a window switch is a good investment.
What about the hsw interface? or maybe a timing tunner?

ALso what all do i need to get the bottle blanket to work and will i still need a pressure gauge with the heater?
Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 PM
FormerVendor

you dont technically NEED anything else assuming the kit you got comes with a WOT switch. BUT there would be a few things that would be a good investment. One would be the bottle heater to regulate bottle pressure. If you dont want that you could try heat soaking the bottle in a tub of water and covering the bottle.

window switch would be a good investment, not sure if you have seen this thread yet

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/969326-new-microedge-nitrous-controller-hsw.html

this is a very advanced controller thats loaded with features that would really help you run safley. For a 130 bucks its a perfect investment, jump on that before the cost goes up.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:49 PM
FormerVendor

spark plugs are a definite as well
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are looking to use a device to pull timming I would suggest the MSD timming tuner or the Timming tuner. These units pull the timming the safest and most reliable way possible. Adding a windowswitch is a must for safety..
This one is very popular and simply asking around about it will show proven results..
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=964

Or the single stage
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...roduct_id=2885

As far as bottle heaters we have the largest selction you can imagine.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...del=76&dept=11

My favorite bottle heater is this bad boy. Billet bottle bracket/Auto heater all in one.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=693

Yes you will still need a bottle pressure gauge.. We have a large selection of them as well. Check out our glow in the dark gauge. Its awesome.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...el=117&dept=11

Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok so if i by the heater is that it or does it require some kind control unit. also is the timing tunner something i should have or is it just a add on. i got tr6 plugs
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by shaolink9
ok so if i by the heater is that it or does it require some kind control unit. also is the timing tunner something i should have or is it just a add on. i got tr6 plugs
ours comes with a pressure switch, you dont need anything else. What sized shot are you planning on running? That will determine how much timing you should be. You dont HAVE to have a timing device, you can pull timing in the tune. Our interface controller can pull timing for FAR less cost the the timing tuner. Unlike the timing tuner you can actually see the timing being pulled, not just hoping it is.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Which heater are you looking at? If you are looking at the 860 heater yes it does come with a adjustable pressure switch and the unit is fully adjustable. Using this heater you will not need any tools to install or remove the bottle. It has a hex to wing to go on the main feed line as well as on the bottle clamps.

The timming tunner is nice to have but not something you have to have. If you want the ability to run max NA timming and just remove timming while on the nitrous its a must have. The timming tuner will remove timming once the system activates. You will not have to have any extra computer tuning to get the unit to pull timming properly and it does not works in a reliable and safe manner.
Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

no more than a 150 shot ...probaly a 125 but im goin to start with a 50 or 75 ... so do i need to pull timing?
Old 08-14-2008, 09:33 AM
FormerVendor

no more than a 150 shot ...probaly a 125 but im goin to start with a 50 or 75 ... so do i need to pull timing?
you have to pull timing on a 150 shot. how much timing depends on if you have ever had the car tuned or not. sometimes tuners advance the timing to get more power NA. in that case you have to pull more timing then you would with a stock tune
Old 08-14-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Never Had It Tuned
Old 08-14-2008, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

If it wasn't advanced, you'll be fine on the 150 shot. But if you are still not comfortable with not pulling any timing, I would take a look at the Interface unit as Mike mentioned above. And no need to worry if the device is pulling timing at all because you can physically see it being done. If you have any specific questions please feel free to send me a PM. Thanks!

Nick

Last edited by Nick@HSW; 08-14-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:40 AM
FormerVendor

Never Had It Tuned
Since you are looking at spraying 200 you will need to pull timming. Even if you have never had it tuned. With the Timing tuner you can pull up to 15 degrees of retard with out needing tunning software. With the MSD timming twister you can pull up to 18 degrees with out tunning software.

With the timming tunner there is no way to varify the timing was pulled.
According to MSD with the Timming twister you can varify timming was pulled using tuning software.

Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 11:04 AM
FormerVendor

Again, to the original poster, I highly recommend calling the manufactures of these products so that you can be fully aware of how they work. Anything that plugs inline with the crank position sensor will not show up while data logging. I'm not at all saying that it doesn't work, just that it will not show the timing being pulled. Since in post number 8 you said you won't be going over a 150 shot, technically you won't have to pull any timing. Again any questions please feel free to give us a shout. Thanks.

Nick
Old 08-14-2008, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

Nick,
As posted in the other thread the MSD plugs into bothe the cam position sensor as well as the crank..

However we just called MSD again and the unit will actually pull everybit of up to 45 degrees but you CAN NOT VARIFY its pulling timming unless you have some type of after market dataloging software. So the original guy we talk to at MSD had no idea what he was talking about and just bull ****** his way through it. The guy we talk to this morning knew what was going on and gave better info. So yes it sucks that you can not varify the timming being pulled however the method that the MSD unit is using to pull timming will be more precise and more reliable than using the IAT sensor. Not to metion you dont need tuning software to pull a good amount of timming.

Just thought I would share with you..
Dave