Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time for Nitrous? Sponsors and "expert" opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time for Nitrous? Sponsors and "expert" opinions please

I think it is about time to get a proper nitrous set-up for my ride. All mods are listed in sig below. My questions are:

Best "type" of Nitrous for my set-up (wet, dry, direct...)

How large of a shot (100, 125, 150, 200...)

Everything I would need for the safest set-up on Nitrous (Window switches, etc...)

Complete kit offers?

I am looking for a set-up that will work nicely together with the rest of my mods. Want to keep it safe, so I'm looking for all necessary accessories for safety.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
Old 08-14-2008, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Matt,

I think you're going to first have to decide what your hp goals are with the car and go from there. That will be the deciding factor for almost all of your questions.

Nick
Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking at your mod list you are goingto need to figure in a racetronix system to supply enough fuel. The stock bottom end can safely support a 150 shot with no problems.

If you are looking for a system you can grow with I would suggest one of our 92mm plate system packages. The package will have everything needed all the way down to the spark plugs.

As for wet VS dry here is a good technical read tp determain what bets fits your needs.
http://www.nitroustech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92

Let me know if I can help in any way.. You can also call and talk one on one with one of our tech reps..
Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks for the responses guys:

I have a 255 LPH fuel pump. Will this not be enough to get the proper fuel on say a 150 shot?

I'm thinking I want to go with a wet-kit. As for horsepower goals, this is still my daily driver at this time. I have around the 430 RWHP mark right now, give or take. Looking for high 500 or 600 RWHP after the Nitrous. Is this reasonable?

Dave: Your 92mm plate system package, what all does this include? WOT switch, window switch, etc... Everything I would need to install, tune, and drive safely? Safety for this is major for me. Also, what do you recommend for my fuel system?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:45 AM
FormerVendor

The 255 fuel pump only will be good about 500 hp. The key is in the hot wire but upping the amperage to the fuel pump.

Your thoughts are right on track....

Yes we offer complete packages that come with the full system, Automatic heater,purge,fuel pressure safety switch, nitrous pressure gauge, nhra fitting, blow down tube, spark plugs and digital windowswitch with built in TPS activation and gear lock out features.

We are working on putting together some killer specials that should be posted soon.
Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

So, would you suggest running a second 255 LPH fuel pump? Or just a boost-a-pump type addition?
Not sure exactly what I should be preparing to do for my fuel system.

Let me know about these "killer specials". You have the knowledge, so I will rely on you for advice before making any decisions.

Also, what is the difference between a 2 stage plate and a 1 stage plate for the 92mm LS1 plate systems you have?

And which would you recommend for my set-up.

Thanks for the assistance, I am definitely interested in purchasing a package soon.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:01 PM
FormerVendor

I am not a fan of inline pumps. I would suggest atleast putting a hotwire kit on it to work in conjuction with your 255.

For the amount you are looking to spray I see no reason for running dual stages. A simple single stage system will net great results with less hassle.

Ill shot you a pm after lunch..
Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks Dave. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dankl
Thanks for the responses guys:

I have a 255 LPH fuel pump. Will this not be enough to get the proper fuel on say a 150 shot?

I'm thinking I want to go with a wet-kit. As for horsepower goals, this is still my daily driver at this time. I have around the 430 RWHP mark right now, give or take. Looking for high 500 or 600 RWHP after the Nitrous. Is this reasonable?

Dave: Your 92mm plate system package, what all does this include? WOT switch, window switch, etc... Everything I would need to install, tune, and drive safely? Safety for this is major for me. Also, what do you recommend for my fuel system?

The racetronix kit would be perfect for your system and i would highly suggest it.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=330&page=1

If you are interested we do carry a 92mm version of our 360 degree spray pattern plate which has a far less turbulent intake charge compared to single/multi port spray pattern plates. If you havent noticed we just released our new controller, the MicroEDGE which is one of the most advanced window switches too date.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

^^^I don't need the pump though, just the power harness I guess...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:19 PM
FormerVendor

^^^I don't need the pump though, just the power harness I guess...
I have a harness here that I got from Full throttle along time ago for a car and never used it. Ill make you a deal on it. I also have the Racetronix Harness or fuell kits in stock.
Dave
Old 08-14-2008, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best "type" of Nitrous for my set-up (wet, dry, direct...)
I would do a wet kit, single nozzle or plate
How large of a shot (100, 125, 150, 200...)
100, 125, 150
Everything I would need for the safest set-up on Nitrous (Window switches, etc...)
window switch, fpss, purge, bottle heater, plugs
Complete kit offers?
Nitrous outlet has some complete kits
I am looking for a set-up that will work nicely together with the rest of my mods. Want to keep it safe, so I'm looking for all necessary accessories for safety.

Thanks in advance.
Matt
Have fun!!!