Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Can anyone chime in and give me some advice/Help (nitrous issue)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Can anyone chime in and give me some advice/Help (nitrous issue)

Here is the link!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/557915-nitrous-didn-t-improve-anything-my-et-track-wtf.html
Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Jon, have you taken off the plate and test fired it with the lines installed on it?

What safety devices do you have?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

I don't know anything about nitrous, but if it's spraying in spurts, you have a restriction some place. Either the noid isn't working right (bad control signal or power or ground connection) or there is a blockage in the lines somewhere.

The electrical is easy to check. Meaure the voltage to the noid etc. Not sure what it should be, but maybe your instructions will tell you that. If it's connected to 12V, it should be very close to whatever your battery voltage reads.

Ground is easy too. Disconnect the noid side (leaving the gnd side connected) and check reistance to gnd on the wire you just disconnected. It should be very low, like a few milliohms max.

Ellis had a similar issue & it was some of his crimps were bad. Tho they were several years old. Did you solder the wires in addition to crimping them?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Launching!

+1 on intermittent open in the wiring or trash in the line. Put a nitrous filter in the line to keep trash out of the lines and double check your wiring. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Might double check the fittings around the bottle too and look for obstructions. Purge the bottle by itself and see if it spurts like that. Dis-connect the bottle from the system and run the same test you did before and listen to the nitrous solenoid to see if it's opening/closing during engagement.

Good luck dude.
Mike

Last edited by Mikey 97Z M6; 08-12-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bypass the FPSS for starters. Did run bad azz before on street and dyno, so it isn't to much I am sure. good advice above posts also. process of elimination mostly. Can'y have Ellis as the only one spraying next week, as I still have yet not figured mine out?
Robert
Old 08-12-2006, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

we will be here all weekend if you need help. Drive on up
Old 08-12-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rokko
Hi Jon, have you taken off the plate and test fired it with the lines installed on it?

What safety devices do you have?
No I haven't, but that is a good Idea! I have actually been thinking about doing that. Just don't know exactly how yet.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I don't know anything about nitrous, but if it's spraying in spurts, you have a restriction some place. Either the noid isn't working right (bad control signal or power or ground connection) or there is a blockage in the lines somewhere.

The electrical is easy to check. Meaure the voltage to the noid etc. Not sure what it should be, but maybe your instructions will tell you that. If it's connected to 12V, it should be very close to whatever your battery voltage reads.

Ground is easy too. Disconnect the noid side (leaving the gnd side connected) and check reistance to gnd on the wire you just disconnected. It should be very low, like a few milliohms max.

Ellis had a similar issue & it was some of his crimps were bad. Tho they were several years old. Did you solder the wires in addition to crimping them?
Most of my wires are just crimped! I did solder the ones behind the panel that sits in the ashtray area though!

I think I might have my work cut out for me. Sunday is sounding like a busy day.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
we will be here all weekend if you need help. Drive on up
Your a good man Ellis!

I just may take you up on that offer if Robert is too busy!

He has quite a set of issues to over come himself. Maybe Robert and I can get our **** fixed then there will be 3 of us rolling nice numbers this weekend.

We'll see what happens.